Fulham Summer '06 Transfers

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by DCDave, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Sorry PCB once again I couldn't disagree with you more. I guess your refering to the punch up he got into at practice and the suspensions he's recived this year.

While theres no doubt he's fiery I regard that as a positive. Unlike many of our current players who we often question(Boa, Knight, John) Dempsey will always leave all he's got on the field. He's not what I would regard as a dirty player either. Its not as if he's going around making two footed takles. In fact all his suspensions have been retroactive.

stats: http://www.mlsnet.com/MLS/players/bio.j ... ype=career

his career numbers indicate 15 cards and 0 ejections in 63 regular season games and 0 cards in his 7 playoff games

Dempsey would be a great addition to Fulham. Yes perhaps he needs some work controlling his temper but I think that can be done. Its ovbious he wants to make it it in a big euro league and if Coleman told him he needed to cool it or head back to Boston I'm sure he'd have no issue making whatever adjustments needed.

2. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Certainly any addition to Fulham with the skills of a Dempsey would be great. What would be the difference between Dempsey and Brown? In everyone's opinion are they the same or different as far as their cards go?

3. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Intersting question. Dempsey is more of an offensive scoring threat, I would say in my limited viewing experience. Brown appears more of a possession and passing midfielder.

4. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Dempsey may not be the "true right winger" that everyone wants. He is a good player who can play the right wing well as he did in the world cup and in other games for the national team including his winner over Poland. He can also play up top or in the CAM role, which I would argue is his best position. Who knows he may even be capable of playing on the left. He's a true two footed player and I believe with some touching up he could become a great EPL player. Though Coleman’s record proves he may not be the best candidate to do that touching up. Perhaps the best situation for Dempsey would be Reading as it seems Steve Coppell has improved Conveys game 10 fold, perhaps he could do the same for Duce. I think someone will buy Dempsey in January and I'd be delighted if it was us.

5. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Is Danny Murphy a right-winger by chance? He is a great player who has been completely wasted since moving to Spurs. I can't remember what part of the midfield he plays in though.

6. jreid19

jreid19 Member

Buffalo, Home of the Wing and City of Raw Deals
    I too would love to see Duece at the Cottage, and told him so on his myspace page. But as previously mentioned MLS is waaaay over valuing, turning down Charlton's $1.5 million bid, a guy that will be able to leave for free in another year and has stated he will. As for his discipline I don't see that being something you would have to worry about once he leaves MLS. It could be, as I've heard speculated, his way of forcing MLS's hand to sell him.

7. rumstove

rumstove New Member

I thought Murphy was great at Charlton at the beginning of last season before Curb stopped playing him, then sending him off to Spurs where he never plays.

As for the being a right-winger...from Spurs bio page: "Able to play centrally, wide or just behind the front two, Danny has an impressive passing range and the ability to spot the killer pass to open up defences alongside an eye for goal."

so I guess that means playing RW is possible...

8. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

UPDATE:

It will be an interesting last few days in the transfer market for Fulham Football Club.

It has been heard that Steed is joing West Ham for around 2.8 million and could sign today. (4 year deal)

I have been directly told that Leggy is on his way to Ipswich...all the best to him, he has been unfairly treated for over a year now and deserves to play.

I've read TFI and can confirm what Barra/Steve B have been told. We have a Steed replacement lined up for 2m as well as a CB on loan although there are no guarantees but all is close. Both signings should get the fans pumped.

9. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Please be true. I wonder who the CB would be? Any ideas?

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Murphy wanted out of Charlton because the club wasn't "big enough." Spurs was just the right size, but Jol was playing the youngsters. If Charlton was too small, we definitely are. I like his game, but NOT his attitude.

11. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Great update Mike, I know I will be glued to FulhamUSA for that news!

12. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

I am officially pumped to be pumped. And now I am going to the gym to get even more pumped (and sore). Thanks for the update.

13. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

RE: Fulham Summer

My guess is the CB will be Huth. Chelsea have been looking to offload him and he'll see even less playing time with their recent acquisition of this Bolurtoz. I'd be delighted if its Huth. Other player???????

Be sweet if it was Gouvu but 2m seems to low for him.

14. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/5915106

This says Steed has agreed to 40,000 pound a week wages with the Hammers. He rejected other moves to stay in London. Any idea what we offered steed. I know it was the most lucrative deal in club history but I never heard an actual amount.

Also says Andy Todd wants out of B'burn after being replaced by Ojjoer on Sunday. Could he be our new center back? Personally I think he's coming off as a wimp here. Fight for your place! Not like Ojjoer had a cracking debut.

15. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Rumours were swirling late last season that Steed was offered 50,000 pounds per week by Fulham. I am not certain that is true, but I am guessing it was close.

I would be happy with Robert Huth at center-back. He has experience and he is strong. Great deal for Fulham if that does end up happening.

As for the right-winger, I have no clue on this one. I will just be happy if we do get a center-half and right-winger before the end of Thursday.

16. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

So if rumors are true Steed is switching to West Ham for less money. This blows.

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

the court papers will list "irreconcilable differences"

Wouldn't Huth count as TWO centre halfs. He's a big dude.

18. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Ha-ha! This is fun stuff here. Great distraction, but hard to work when I'm sitting on pins and needles waiting for an anouncement.

If possible: Govou & Huth now, Onyewu in January, and see you in Europe.

19. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Christian, I would not be expecting anything today or maybe even tomorrow in regards to official news about these signings and the departure of Steed and Leggy. I would not be shocked if this goes to the very last hour before we know exactly who is leaving and hopefully who is coming. Thursday will be the big day.

20. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Tom,

That's a very nice way of telling me to get back to work. Aye, Aye, Capitain! (But I still won't be able to resisit checking every so often).