Fulham Summer '06 Transfers

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by DCDave, Feb 16, 2006.

1. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Runstrom seems to be a good player. With Larsson and Allback now most likely out for Sweden he should be able to at least get in the squad maybe even start.

We still need a right winger,Left-back and at least another Centreback. I like Gooch and he wouldnt cost much. Also Thuram could be on a free and Andy Webster from Hearts is free as well. There arent too many good left backs out there that might be somewhat cheap. I mean Bridge costs too much for an injury-prone player and he has too many injuries. Taylor has signed a new deal and there really isnt anyone else in the Premiership. I liked Abidal, but that wouldnt happen as he had a decent World Cup. Ian Harte could be a decent option and he would be cheap as well. At Right wing I like Govou, but only in a 4-3-3. I think Dempsey could do the Job or even Wayne Routledge.

2. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

:3d footy: That's a girl! But you must eat the old one! :3d footy:

3. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I did say he needed a haircut, I'm not down with long hair on guys. Especially if it's stringy. But he's still cute, even if he is just a little too young for my tastes.

Back to football, I hope he does well for the team.

4. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I think he'll do well especially since the Swedes say he's a hard worker and a fan favorite...at 20/21, I'll take it.

Although he's Swedish, I heard he grew up in Washington D.C....I guess that rules him out eh?! :wink:

5. Jacob

Jacob New Member

I'm not that big of a fan, but why would Blackburn agree to half a million less than our offer? Have we even made a formal one?

6. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I do not think we have made an offer for Emerton. I think there is some belief that we should, but from what I know, nothing has been offered to Blackburn.

7. krhimself

krhimself New Member

Say what? £7 million? There's no way he's worth that much. This is basically the same thing they (Lyon) did last year, when they drove up Michael Essien's value then waited and for what they thought was a reasonable offer to come. If they really think that highly of him, then there's no way we would be able to pull off this coup.

8. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Lyon must be thinking they are dealing with the other club in SW6 driving prices up like that.

9. martin

martin New Member

That is excessive. I guess Lyon are just trying to jack up the price, considering there are several clubs in the running. If it becomes a bidding war, he won't be coming to FFC.

10. ickle_monk

ickle_monk New Member

maybe they'll be a swap deal involved with steed, that mighjt be very useful.

11. Kruse

Kruse New Member

Yes you have heard it before, Runström is a hard worker blablabla, but did you now:
    - That Björn has worked as a model, or not worked but he has done som "Ljungberg-pictures"

- He shaves his breast.

- He is famous for his diving skills, or at least he was, a couple of years in Italy will do that to you.

- He played like shite against my favourite team HIF, wich is Henrik Larssons new club, in the Swedish Cup wich HIF won, 3-1.

12. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I dont think that wan t Steed now as they bought Kallstrom who is a similar player. 7M is excessive when you think that its like 10M Euros which is far too much. I think hes class, but not worth that much. Anyway I think Routledge would be a good buy and he wouldnt cost nearly as much as Govou probably not even as much as 3.5M which is what we were supposed to be coming close to agreeing on for Govou.

13. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

:wow:

:| He's not gay is he?

Not that there's anything wrong with that. But could have avatar change implications. 8)

Good to hear he no longer dives. In the Swedish Cup game was his shitty perfomance just one bad game? Do you rate him at all?

14. Kruse

Kruse New Member

No his not gay..i think.

Well, he's probably done more than just ONE bad game, a couple probably, but al footballer does, look, he's a good working striker who can develop into something with the right practice. Thats my opinion...

I do hope for Björns sake that he let's he's hair grow back on his cheast and that he starts shaving his head insteed or else he will get a tough time facing men like Legwinski, McBride and Mark Crossley! :D

15. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Saw an interesting item on the Sky ticker. Something to this effect: Middlesbrough have backed out of a deal for Chelsea defender Robert Huth after failing a medical. Its understood that Huth failed the medical due to an ankle problem.

Interesting stuff. This was Middlesbrough’s big signing and had been lined up for quite some time, so the injury must have been pretty severe and long term for them to pull out all together. Is this why Huth didn't get a game for Germany?(unless he played in the 3rd place game, which I didn't see)

Have Chelsea been hiding his status from Germany and potential buyers? They've been involved in sketchy things like this before. 1) Essien during African Cup. 2) Spain complained that they did not disclose the poor health of Del Horno prior to the World Cup. So have Chelsea been untruthful to inflate a price or preserve it? (Chelsea untruthful, such a stretch :roll: ) Or is this a cheap trick by M'brough to get a last minute cut-rate price?

Either way Huth is back on the market and he could now be a bargain. Maybe Chelsea will feel is value will have fallen to much and will opt to loan him out to regain form, preferable to us, ala Bridge.... Or maybe I'm just over analyzing this :?

16. rumstove

rumstove New Member

17. Kruse

Kruse New Member

Well, they wrote that on the offal a couple of days ago, so it means that Collins isnt going anywhere...for now.

18. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Here's the text:
    Unlike the way many on the offal MB interpret it, that tells me that CJ IS still very much on the block.
    The fact he's not going through the Steed treatment, and is in the FIRST team practice squad, only means that FFC will accept a better offer.

19. ickle_monk

ickle_monk New Member

its all good news form the cottage i feel at the moment. I dont think coleman and the rest of the management be stupid enough to dell him for pittence.

20. NicktheSwede

NicktheSwede New Member

Why don't you let our american friends know what the result has been for the previous games between our clubs ;)