FULHAM SIGNS KASEY KELLER

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by sublicon, Aug 23, 2007.

1. sublicon

sublicon New Member

Keller Signs

WHAT WHAT WHAAAAAT??

I know this one is going to get mixed reviews, but I'm glad Kasey hasn't been sent off to retire in the MLS or something. I don't think he will be much of a drop off from anyone else we have right now. I think Niemi and Warner have been equally disappointing as far as end results are concerned, despite their respective heroics.

I say give Keller a chance, looks like Sanchez agrees. It also looks like the tradition of signing Americans didn't go out the door with Chris Coleman.

Welcome, Kasey!

2. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

VERY SHOCKED that we got another American but a very good move in my eyes. Warner had his opportunity and showed he is a liability. As a back up keeper, Keller is idea.

WOW

3. BarryP

BarryP New Member

4. jmh

jmh New Member

I FUCKING TOLD YOU ALL SO

:D

5. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

What in heck is going on? I would have to say Keller won't make the drops that Warner did, but why Kasy? He better have been cheap.

6. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Is Lawrie stopping by the forum from time to time?

Fantastic signing for a back up. Won't complain. With Warner looking less than stellar in his performance against Bolton and Boro it is a good move to add more depth to the GK position.

Well done yet again LS.

7. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Keller is slow and old. He will not be an improvement over Warner so therefore is a waste of money. What he saved 2 or 3 years ago he is missing now. The Copa America shows this.

8. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

I think it's a good move. Niemi is clearly the first choice keeper, but as I said elsewhere today, he's ALWAYS injured. I think Keller will be a quality backup and provide much-needed depth.

9. sublicon

sublicon New Member

Dude, where are your brains? We fielded our effing C team for Copa America, Keller can't do the job by himself. He needs a strong backline to hold down the fort before the ball comes to him, and he didn't have one. No keeper would've done any better than he did with the defenders he had in front of him.

10. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

wow. really cant say i saw this coming.

and i really dont know how it'll turn out either! good luck to him and fulham though.

11. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Let me preface this statement by saying I am NOT an American homer, but this is a great signing. I have much more faith and confidence in Keller than I do Warner or Batista at this point.

Keller has both international and club experience at the highest levels and has shown over the years he has what it takes to play in the Premiership.

He is great cover for Niemi who seems to get hurt a bit more than more keepers. I am glad Lawrie took care of what was becoming a problem between the posts for Fulham.

Major props to Lawrie and the club for making this happen.

12. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Keller is a perfect fit for Fulham's current problems. We all knew this though.

13. ormondroyd

ormondroyd New Member

If he doesn't chuck the ball into the net two games out of three, he'll be an improvement over this season's Tony Warner.

14. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Earth-shaking? No...Solid signing? Yes.

To use a comparison I would say its like a NFL team getting a quality veteran QB to back-up. His best days are behind him, but he still is a
    reliable, been around the block kind of a guy who will give the guys in front of him confidence that he can get the job done. He played quite good at 'Gladbach and certainly wasn't the reason they got relegated.

15. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

I am absolutely shocked. Please? I don't know. I've seen Keller play some fabulous matches, and I've also seen him make some horrible goofs.

But I think in the end, he is a quality signing and will do some good for the squad if he sees any playing time. And after the past two games ... I think that might be very possible.

16. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

Agreed, I thought Keller did fine in Copa America. From what I remember, very few of the goals were his fault.

Keller is better than Warner, he's presumably cheap, and that's exactly what we need right now.

17. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

This is excellent news! At this point Keller is as good as we were going to get. Were bringing him in as a backup but he'll probably win the starting job. Love this move!

18. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I'm thinking and hoping that LS did this as much to MENTOR Warner as anything else.

Think about the two goofs... not reaction, not positioning, but getting distracted by thinking ahead instead of making sure he got the ball secured first.

Good pick... and I wish I had posted when I thought about it.

19. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

He does need a strong backline and Fulham does not have a strong backline. He could of turned some of those goals he let in into saves. He is slow and really whatever we are paying him could of been used on somebody else.

20. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

What other keeper did you have in mind? Remember, Keller cost us $0 in transfer fees.