Fulham rumored to be switching to Adidas next year

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by LaxAttack, Oct 29, 2012.

1. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Anything but Kappa.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... didas.html

I bought a XXL jersey this year (the new sash/third kit) and the thing is skin tight and I even bought up a size thinking this would happen.

Adidas designs are pretty blah most of the time, but they are at least quality and have some decent training wear options.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Oh, please god let this be true. It would be nice to be able to buy a shirt I'm not ashamed of.

3. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Adidas is so boring, though. I just hate that you have to have the three stripes on the sleeves. I was hoping for Puma or Nike.

And I prefer the old adidas logo to the new one, it was classic
    [​IMG]

4. dtowndough

dtowndough Active Member

I would prefer Puma as well Mo, but happy to be going to Adidas so that I can again wear fulham gear.

5. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

I had pretty much the same experience as Lax with my shirt purchase last year, so I'm definitely with the anybody but Kappa group. Not a huge adidas fan either, but anything would be better than Kappa. Even Umbro.

6. tim

tim Active Member

I may be in the minority but I've always liked Adidas designs. Simple, classy...seems fitting for us in a way.

7. TJDallas

TJDallas New Member

I love Addidas but never have been a big fan of there boring creative department. It will fit way better that's for sure. I had the same problem with Kappa shirts you would think they'd tell you before purchasing that these are slim fit shirts that you are purchasing.

8. DCDave

DCDave Member

I think the best kits we've had in my time were the Puma ones. My favorite was the 2003 home shirt, which had the asymmetric design. Also, their quality is high--all three of my 2003 shirts (white, black, red) have held up well as has my red sweatshirt.

That being said, I have several Adidas DC United shirts and they are high quality. My only quibble is that for the game-style jersey (as opposed to the replica), I had to go up a size to XXL (which is ridiculous given my body) and it doesn't fit that well. The XL was far too tight.

I have not bought nor will buy a Kappa jersey. The styles are mediocre and there are three Kappa logos (two of them obnoxiously large) on the shirt.

9. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Only reason I have a Kappa jersey is that I won it last year in the monthly drawing. If not there was no way i would have purchased one.

10. sullytex

sullytex Member

Kick Kapp to the curb. I'll take addidas anyday over the mud flap logo.

11. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Totally agree with you in Nike and puma. Anything is better than kappa though.

12. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Yeah, adidas makes some pretty lame kits. But it will be a lot better than Kappa. Fingers crossed.

13. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

I have quite a bit of Adidas gear and like them. Simple and classy is a perfect fit for Fulham. I just hope they don't give us the Chelsea bra from a couple seasons ago.