Fulham @ Reading (R)

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by timmyg, Apr 9, 2008.

1. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Kudos to:

The traveling fans for amazing vocal support.
    McBride for being the living definition of both grit and determination.
    The entire midfield for and outstanding performance.
    RH for putting an offensive minded team on the field.
    The FUSA members in the chat room today for a positively enterrtaining morning of chat.

2. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Liverpool will rest a few regulars, I'm fairly certain. They think they can win the CL this year, and maybe so, but they'll be looking forward to Chelsea and less focused on FFC.

Besides the three points, the squad earned confidence...about time. Here's to hoping it's on display next weekend (raising my Pacifico high!!), cheers!!

And to Meggrs,
    I believe the winning and your viewing absence have nothing to do with each other...complete coindence. Bay areans, should we meet next weekend? Maybe not a good idea since it was Liverpool last time we met (but, I guess we can always blame that loss on HatterDon...)????
    Misfitkid?

3. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Just back and what a performance from our players and our fans. We owned them on the field and off of it. Unbelievable atmosphere and hopefully you heard our fans for the 90 mins. COOOOMMMEEE OONN YYYOOUUUU WWWHHHIITTEESSS

4. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

You could really here the Fulham fans on the coverage today. It was the loudest away game I can remember. Nice work!

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Mikey, after Brian's goal, I was singing his song along with the lot of you. You guys were loud and clear, and you deserved this victory more than anyone.

6. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

As a supporter of Reading and a fan of Fulham, I went into things just wanting to see a well-played game. If I'd had my "druthers", it would have been a 3-2 victory for Fulham. I want both teams to stay up, but Fulham needs the points much more than Reading at this point.

That said, it was a dominating game by Fulham. The normally dangerous Hunt was stifled throughout the game and Fulham completely controlled the midfield. Oster and Rosie had some moments on the right wing, but not much and Long's speed was completely canceled by good defensive positioning.

I really liked Dempsey's play - he won't get much notice in the game reports, but I thought he was a key part of Fulham's midfield control - his passing was crisp and his defending was some of the best I've seen from him.

I'm glad Fulham won and it was a very well deserved victory. Coppell acknowledged that not only did Reading not play well, but that Fulham did play well and well deserved the three points.

...now I can go the rest of the season 100% behind Fulham in every game they play :D

7. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

I had no idea how much an away win could raise my spirits, but it is astounding. The away support was amazing and the Fulham players gave their all. Those rare occasions that Fulham dominates a match in its entirety is something to behold.

I'm on cloud nine and the only way this day could of been better would of been to see Birmingham lose. Well done Mike and the bunch that made their way to Reading. You made us all proud. With a match against Birmingham at home and several other tough matches left, Fulham has all to play for.

8. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Plagiarized from the offal --

Who was Reading's man of the match?

The Crossbar :lol: :lol:

9. IanHux

IanHux New Member

Haha i agree with the crossbar being Reading's man of the match although Hahnemann did really well those couple times to get a hand to the ball.

10. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Replay, On, Now, FSC. Time for me to enjoy.

11. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Brum v. Toffees???? Who gives a toss? Bugger.

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

sorry you couldn't have been there with us this morning, Christian. It was like reinforcement for why we love this strange little club. Hope they do a replay for you soon.

COY FRIGGIN W!

13. BB@TFi

BB@TFi New Member

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

wow; looks like Marcus H had as good a match as the woodwork. That touch to McBride's screamer was stunning.

15. EricD

EricD New Member

I hope Roy realizes how important it is to keep Deuce on the field. He was an integral part of the midfield. I was pretty much happy with the way the whole team was playing. There were some spots where FFC moved the ball incredibly (multiple 1-2 touch to start an attack).

McBride is great. We have sorely missed that guy. Nice left foot connection. When Nevland was getting ready to shoot, I was thinking come on don't blow this, go far post, go far post - YES!!!!

Hannemann deserves our compliments on deflecting two shots into the post for excellent saves.

16. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Thanks to BB@TFI for the links, to the White Witch for her travel recap, and Don for his match report. Somehow I DVR-ed the f%*#ing The Pompey-Newcastle match instead. Just hoping that FSC will show a replay this week.

Can't add anything but a..... :banana:

17. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

Okay...so here I am camping in Black Rock Mountain State Park. I've told my husband, who was home sick, and others (Jacob) to text me with the Fulham result. Alas, I had no service. I didn't expect much from the result and I wasn't necessarily looking forward to getting the news that another nail was in the coffin for my beloved Whites...

I completed an arduous trail run (run? more like crawl and pray for the sweet release of death) through the mountains and headed back to camp. I borrowed a phone to check on the sickly spousal unit and to ask him to kindly give me an update on the game. He hadn't left the bed at this point (it was close to 3pm) and he said he would text me at the number I called and let me know.

So...all my running buddies are in circle discussing trail- and the text comes. 2-0 to the good guys and McBride scored a goal! I screamed, hugged my friend, nearly knocking her over, took my 1/2 full cup of beer and spiked it on the ground and cried :).

When I left this morning, all the texts I missed this weekend came through...two from Jacob with updates and one from my friend overseas.

I guess everyone thinks I'm mental, but I don't care. Gotta keep the energy up, boys! It's not over yet!

-T

18. Meggrs

Meggrs New Member

Heh, nevzter, I dunno. I'm superstitious that way! But I would definitely be up for a Bay Area meetup for the 'Pool game. Let's figure out when/where it'll show (if MisfitKid is up for it, I think you are both on the Peninsula, are you not?). I second the notion to blame the last Liverpool loss on HatterDon's presence. :O

Just kidding, HD! It was really great to have you and your lovely wife show up for the game. It's maybe only HALF your fault that they lost. At most.

And thank you to WhiteWitch for the lovely match report. You just can't get that kind of perspective anywhere else, and we really benefit from your heartfelt observations.

19. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Crazy world. Sure glad it was on tv. I still don't want to get my hopes up to much. If we can win two in a row, well than we can do this.

20. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

I think I've totally lost it.

And I say that because I don't really have anything to say about this match. I mean, nothing. Maybe the reality of it hasn't set in? Maybe this covers it? Maybe the WhiteWitch took every word out of my mouth?

Wait.....its the WhiteWitch. An amazing piece yet again.