Fulham @ Reading (R)

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by timmyg, Apr 9, 2008.

1. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

HOLY COW -- what a rush!!

Best game the Ws have played all year. We OWNED the midfield today, escpecially Dempsey and Bully. I wasn't even nervous about our ability to stop them in the defensive half of the field, a feeling I am not used to when watching Fulham.

And Keith Costigan on FSC is a tool, his pre- and post-game analysis of Fulham is totally off the mark. I hope we beat the drop to stick it in his Liverpudlian ear.

What a great game

2. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Agreed, he's an ass and deserves a good smacking.

3. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Well said

4. Clevelandmo

The funny thing is just last week I was talking with a well-respected FUSA member about how McBride wasnt looking up to the task. Couldnt have been more wrong.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

McBride looked 5 years younger. I mean, he's not fast, but he was QUICK! What I liked is that we played like we were better than them, not that we hoped we could get lucky. We were passing it around, almost arrogant.

And what about those travelers? I love our away support. They are such class!

6. dave2d2

dave2d2 New Member

Wow how nice to see a victory and by a margin of two goals! Regardless of where Fulham stands on the table at this point, I just want to see them finish up the season on a high note.

7. Fulhamburger

Fulhamburger New Member

Any chance Liverpool will field their B-team like last year?

8. Kathy

Kathy New Member

Don, Great match summary! LOVED reading it. Thanks!

9. Clevelandmo

Away support was fantastic and they deserved to see that win today. Did you see some of the Fulham players threw their jersey into the stands.

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Thanks, Kathy
    8)
    ... oh, and fulhamburger, Liverpool is neck and neck with Everton for the last Champions League position. They'll come at us with everything!

Of course, that's what Everton did too a couple of weeks ago. :banana:

11. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

You got to think that is a possibility.

12. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

The one away win in almost 2 years and I wake up after the 2nd goal is scored. WTF? I must've did something horrible to enjoy this kinda luck.

13. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I tivo'd it... just in case.

And then found the tivo recorded the wrong program and would not tune the cable box!!!!
    @#%$#@#%$#@$#@!#%
    But I did get to see the second half at my dad's house.

14. Meggrs

Meggrs New Member

Heh--I'd be just as bummed as you guys about missing the coverage (I did, too), but it just proves my theory that we get wins when I miss games.

On that note, I promise not to watch a single Fulham game for the rest of the season if it means more days like today. I just caught the highlights--McBride was on fire! And Simon Davies deserves all the credit in the world for assisting on those two goals. His pass to Nevland was a thing of beauty.

Proud, happy, and hopeful. And scared. Let's not forget scared!

Still big kudos to the supporters who made the trip and refused to give up on the guys. I'm off to watch the Quakes play their home opener, and no matter what happens, it won't shake the smiles that this win gave me.

15. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

Yaaaaaaay...Whipeeeeeee....Hoooooraaaaaaay!!!!

...any other hokie cheers I'm missing that could help to explain this feeling I have not felt before???

16. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

I don't know where Reading is located but I assume it is close to London because 2,500 fans for the Whites!?!? Are you kidding me?!?!? AMAZING support which is why I love this team and the fans that follow them...

...I don't know if I heard the Reading fans all game! But I heard plenty from our supporters, awesome stuff that made the match and the win that much more special.

...we will not go down without a fight.

UP FULHAM!!!!!!!

17. andyns

andyns New Member

My parents showed up at my flat as soon as the game was over, I had to hide my beer because it's embarrassing getting caught drinking at 1pm, even if it's for a good reason.

18. Han-Solo

Han-Solo New Member

Great display by the Cottagers, the best in the last two or three years, imo.
    Two goals, three posts/bars hit, fantastic commitment by Bullard, Mc Bride and Davies, first goal by Nevland, even a solid defence. Am I dreaming or I am awake? We can do it now.....

19. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

Don, if Liverpool wins tomorrow, that's 5 up on Everton. Tues following Fulham game, they have Chlesea in semis. I think there is a good possibility that they could rest a little aginst the Whites. Of course, a lot of this is just me being extremely wishful.

Either way, I'm excited to see FFC not giving up and still playing hard. I will still be surprised if FFC is able to climb out, but as a fan, i think this is the most proud I've been in my short time as a supporter. Extremely proud of everyone today, and agree, impossible to name man of the match. Fans were outstanding.

20. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

I had to TIVO the match this morning and just got to watch it. Wow! I couldn't believe how effective Fulham was in the midfield, as others, have commented. I have to admit however after missing 3 sure goals off the woodwork, I had the bad feeling something ugly would occur, but I was wrong.

Birmingham getting a point against Everton was unfortunate for Fulham and Bolton winning was completely unexpected (by me). I still think Bolton is done, we need to draw with Liverpool, beat Citeh and Birmingham, and draw with Portsmouth and hope Birmingham can do no better than 3 draws and a loss to us. If this happens, we stay up!