Fulham @ Portsmouth

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by SteveM19, May 4, 2008.

1. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

2. heestj10

heestj10 New Member

5 weeks ago I was considering how we could start an email campaign to get Fox Soccer Channel to show championship games. Today I am trying to figure out which weekend in the 08-09 season would work out to visit Chicago so I can at least watch a Fulham game in a pub atmosphere with other fans. Apparently central Wisconsin isn't a Fulham FC hotbed :D .

Great day for Fulham and one of the most exciting days in my life as a sports fan. I wonder what it would feel like if we won the League or the FA Cup. I may soil myself if that ever happens.

:shock:

3. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Okay, I'm finally having some coherent thoughts return after the days festivities ( Fulham and then both boys soccer games). This is what I loved about today's game. Bullard and Murphy, with Hodgson at the helm, won it today. The English did it today in great style even though Murph is past his prime, Bullard was not himself today, and Hodgson came to this team with way too little time. Yes it is a team sport and the whole team did it; I dont want to take anything away from the other players. It is just that this is the quintessential English team, in an English league, and I love the fact that those three Englishmen brought home the goods today. Also, when Dempsey came out for Nevland I wondered whether it shouldnt be Murphy or Bullard. Then I remembered the interview that I heard with Dempsey this week when he compared losing against Pompey to losing in the MLS playoffs (not a good comparison to me). I'm am so glad Roy stuck with the English lads today. Fulham is back from the brink, more than once, and they are back to stay. COYW!

4. jmh

jmh New Member

In the immortal words of Ric Flair:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

5. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Words can hardly describe the feelings evoked by this season, but here is a shot.

It is by far the most memorable, agonizing and fantastic season I've ever been through. The ups and downs make us love Fulham even more. I'm going to be on a 3 month high after that result. My apologies Murphy for any and all ill comments made about you throughout the season.

Thank you much Roy for being the mastermind of the great escape and a special thanks goes to all of the fantastic Fulham supporters I've met over the past year. I have no doubt that Fulham fans are the best fans in Football and support the greatest club in the world. My great appreciation to all for accepting me into your fold.

Thank the Good Lord Fulham is Staying Up.

Cheers to All.

6. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I apologize for every nasty thought I had about Danny Murphy in the last 6 months.

7. psand22

psand22 Member

Wow, 4 wins out of 5 games and 3 straight on the road. Now that's Fulhamish... Why didn't we all throw down the mortgage money on those 50-1 odds for relagation? This season has been a great roller coaster ride and I hope everyone had their meds (what ever that may be). It's like Jim Valvano said...."Never, Ever Give Up".

8. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

As a new FFC fan, I didn't really understand the concept of "Fulhamish" until today :D

9. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

SteveM19, you can't change your photo icon...ever. It's been a good-luck charm.

My screams of joy at murphy's score awoke ms. nevzter, and her first comment after rising from a sound-sleep: "They've scored?!? Yeah!!"

I love this club and its supporters.

A well-deserved cheers to FFC and FulhamUSA!!!

10. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

11. nevzter

Unjustly, I have failed to give the ol' Woy avatar due credit, and my apologies to you, clevelandmo.

For some reason, I simply enjoy gazing at Steve's avatar...

12. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

I can't believe....I always believed...but I can't believe it.

13. nevzter

Speaking of good-luck avatars...

14. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

...hahahah.

UP FULHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

This picture makes me laugh.

[​IMG]

16. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

So 5 out of 6 and the first time we've won three road games in a row since promotion. Doesn't get much more amazing than that. I'm very grateful I got to see it live at the pub but frankly I'm just glad its all over:3d nervous: Not healthy this stuff. Can't argue with the excitement but I personally vote for some stability next year!

Its to bad you had to split so soon Don. When Murphy was being interviewed on the pitch by the Setanta sidelines reporter babe he said it was "nice to put some people in their place". I'm pretty sure he's been reading dis board and he was talkin to you :3d laughing: :3d tongue: :3d funny:

17. JustinR

JustinR New Member

This is the first time I ever cried for a Football match. What an unbelievable day. Fulham forever!!! COYW!!!

18. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I really still can't believe we did it. After weeks and weeks of agony we came out on top.

Like Murphy said, 'sometimes it's just in the stars'.

19. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I was so happy when I saw the result that I went running in the rain in stocking feet jumping up and down, now my neighbors have further confirmation that I am nuts. (They already suspected it.) That little stunt further tweaked a bum ankle that I have, to the point where I am wearing office clothes and running shoes because that is the only thing that would support my feet today.

Keeping Audrey as an avatar? That's like saying "Hey! You have to kiss your wife! Or else!!"

I woke up at 3 this morning and thought "Wow. That really did happen", before falling back asleep.

What a great time to be a Fulham fan. Thanks and God bless the team, players, supporters, fans, and families.

20. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

I was freakin out Sunday Morning and my wife came in and got mad at me and was like "it's Sunday and our neighbors can hear you"...so I piped down and when she left the room I was doing all kinds of fist pumps. Then I went to church and repented for all the 4 letter bombs I was dropping under my breath! I love this club!!! Thanks to all of you for making my time spent on this mb well worth it.