Fulham Online Shop - Open

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Jun 20, 2007.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

2. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Thanks for the post Mike. I was having a hard time accessing the shop through the club site.

Love the training top and hopefully I can find enough in the wallet to purchase it.
    [​IMG]

3. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

i need the kits avaialable right now!!!! cuz when i get married...it's not MY money anymore... :)

4. DCDave

DCDave Member

I just ordered a Fulham tie there and the S&H was only £2. Two caveats: I don't know if it's more for heavier stuff like a shirt, and they said it would take up to 3 weeks to arrive. But still, only £2.

5. DCDave

DCDave Member

Come on, omsdogg, stand up for yourself. I'm married and I don't let my wife push me around like that...

Oops, gotta go now, my wife's calling. :)

Good luck, omsdogg.

6. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

hahahah...nice Dave! i'm gonna check that tie out for sure! that's a good deal

7. Team_of_McBrides

Any news on when the shirts will be sold?

8. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

july i think it said..mid july or something

9. americanmike

Some encouraging news about the shop:

The lines in the shop at the moment are what has been called the basic products, the new huge range apparently of branded Nike wear is still to come and quite impressive so I have been told.Too much red at the moment. A retro range is also coming.

10. Team_of_McBrides

Great news. I like what I've saw so far, but I hope Nike puts as much effort into Fulham's range as they would for say...Celtic. The Bhoys have by far the best Nike range around and if Fulham can have those items I would probably be in a fair amout of debt after my spending spree.

11. jmh

jmh New Member

That's not surprising - it makes sense that they'd want to get the shop (both brick-and-mortar and online) up and running as quickly as possible.

12. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

Do we have any idea if Nike is going to be selling Fulham gear on its website? As of now, they’re not. The exchange rate currently being almost 2 bucks to the pound, I would be more likely to stick a fist in my wallet for these things if I could buy them domestically.

In a related question, I read on another thread that we might be able to buy the new kits directly from FulhamUSA (which would be fantastic). Any news on that front?

Thanks,
    Nick

13. psand22

psand22 Member

Just my luck...I was in London and made my way by the Cottage this past Monday and the shop was still shut down to bring in the new Nike gear. No Fulham gear to be found, except for a few things in Harrods...and then it opens back up two days later....

14. americanmike

I picked myself up two short sleeved training tops in Red and Black...now I'm looking forward to getting the kits.

[​IMG]

15. Team_of_McBrides

Mike, that is a fantastic shirt. A bit jealous that you've already been to the shop and picked up the newest gear. Loving the new items that Nike has put out so far. Was a bit sceptical at first, but pleasantly surprised.

16. DCDave

DCDave Member

I just went to the club shop where they have added a "shipping charges" link, and they say it's £20 to ship to the US (flat rate no matter how many items are ordered). (They'd better not try to charge me £20 to ship my £12 tie. They said £2.)

This is another stupid marketing decision by the club. They have just made it official that they could care less about the US market. They will not sell a d*** thing to Americans when it will cost $40 to ship to us. I know it costs more to ship here, but it doesn't make sense to have a flat rate no matter how many items are being ordered (they don't do that for UK orders) or to not allow options for cheaper shipping knowing it will take longer to get to us.

This reminds me of the shortsited decisions to not have any Fulham merchandise at the All-Star Game in Columbus a few years ago and to grossly overprice the audio broadcasts a couple of years back.

They get rid of the popsicle-stand company they had last year (Airness--another bad decision) and get a big name (Nike) in that's familar, they get two kits that I think are the class of the league, they sign a big-name American to join the other two Americans, and then they tell us not to buy their stuff. What part of "disincentive" do they not get?

No wonder the club has to keep going into MAF's pocket for money when they are run so poorly! Is it their goal to remain a small club forever?

(Here's a thought--maybe I should go into the Fulham souvenier biz. After all, it's £20 to ship, no matter how much stuff is in the order! What if I ordered 200 items? They promised it'd be £20, flat rate...)

17. Team_of_McBrides

20 quid is better than 27 quid which was the shipping price for a keychain I was going to order off the Liverpool website a while back. Wait and see what Mike can iron out with shirts and other items being sold through the FulhamUSA site. Hopefully shipping will be less expensive.

18. americanmike

Hi Dave,

I just had to comment on your post so I could clear these two things up.

The 20 quid shipping charge for international shipping is typical of all EPL/Championship clubs as this is what 'corporations' have to pay when they ship out, what is considered, 'new merchandise'. Like ToC says, liverpools is 27 quid and I can tell you that Chelsea is over 22 quid. Its unfortunate but that is why they are letting merchandise vendors (like Eurosport) sell their merchandise.

As for the Fulham merchandise debacle at the All-star game, I can tell you 100%, for a fact, that this was not Fulham's doing in the end but was the MLS who stopped them from selling FFC merchandise at the ground.

But with that said, I hope I can get some kits for some peeps at FUSA.

19. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

you da man, mikey!

20. americanmike

Not to say Fulham is 100% perfect, they still have alot to learn and I wish they would listen to Dave sometimes!