Fulham @ ManCity

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by timmyg, Oct 21, 2009.

1. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Don't want to get ahead of ourselves, but the match is only 4 days away.

Its not going to be easy as we'll be without DM and probably others, but we've been fairly good up at Eastlands (otherwise recently known as Craven Cottage North).

Predictions from me after tomorrow.

Also the Brits' daylight savings time is this weekend, so the match is at 11am EST.

For those going to pubs, Setanta is airing it live on their Xtra channel, but delayed at noon on their main channel. So oddly enough there is going to be some overlap.

2. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Cool, I have a church meeting at 1115 -- I should be able to catch at least part of the game.

Too much going on for me to say anything other than COYW!!

3. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I'm still so pissed/ deflated from the Roma game, that I am forcing myself to look ahead. That one smarted a lot.

Guess we'll just have to make up for it in the Stadio Olimpico under their ultras :banana:

Don't get stabbed Mike! Or anyone else!!

O yeah, al- Citeh. I actually hope Robinho starts because he's such a variable quality that he doesn't bother me like Tevez, adebayo, or Bellamy (and I can't believe I just wrote that, at least when I am not facing him in a streetfight).

We've won a few in a row at CoMS, but without Murphy, Dempsey's shoulder being an unknown quantity (to me), I'm a little concerned. Hope Joe K straps his boots and his brain tight for this one, because I won't miss AJ if Joe plays like he can.

No predictions or lineups, just some chewed fingernails.

4. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I know I said that Roma mattered more than CIty, but after that game, I'm hoping to beat the shit out of City and crushing them as bad as possible.

In reality, we will probably lose because of us winning so often there. They're due for a home win against us. 2-0 to City is a likely scoreline.

5. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

No matter what starting eleven Citeh rolls out, they're very dangerous, Petrov is the one who scares the hell out of me. Everything points to 3 points for them, but the word Fulhamish was invented for a reason.

6. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Amen!

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

We've won three of our last four at Man City in the league, so ... .

8. sullytex

sullytex Member

Very tough away game after Thursday. So many options available for City while we are injury depleted.

Dio grabs one...unfortunately only an equalizer or a consolation goal :(

After Thursday, I am out for blood however all things considered, I would be content with a point.

9. sullytex

sullytex Member

Oh yeah, the game is not televised over here but...I will be able to watch the NFL live as NE play Tampa at Wembley...now there is something wrong with that.

10. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

That must suck. Many Americans in Europe always bitch about the tv coverage over there. It seems as though if you can't afford to go to every game, you'll miss out on alot.

They don't have a Premier League package over there with every game? Here, we have NFL on DirecTV. They should have a premier league type thing.

11. sullytex

sullytex Member

Since I've been here, I've heard of nothing like the NFL Ticket for the Premier League. Although between Sky and ESPN, there are usually 5-6 games each weekend.

Today its Man U/Liver (early game) and Arsenal/WH (late game) on Sky. Fulham will rarely (if ever) win airspace against that line up.

12. SoCalJoe

No Konch, AJ, Ehutu, to go along with the captain sitting this one out.

It's been said before, but Kelly scares the hell out of me.

13. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Maybe we should petition FIFA for a special, Zamora sized goal, one that is roughly 15 feet tall and 15 yards wide.

14. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Maybe we should petition FIFA for a special, Zamora sized goal, one that is roughly 15 feet tall and 15 yards wide.

But, if you would have offered me a draw this morning, I would have taken it.

The highlight for the match for me? The offal's site redesign/ upgrade meant I got to listen to GJ for the first time in a loooooooooong time. And boy, did he talk Baird up, all game. How did Baird do? No video feed for me to jusge for myself.

15. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

WHAT A COME BACK. City must be sick of Fulham and their comebacks.

COYWs

16. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Random match thoughts
    I am with GJ on Baird's play. It has been very good. Between Greening and Baird it has been Baird who has impressed me more. The way he has been playing it may be hard for Etuhu to push him out of the starting XI.

Speaking of being hard to push out of the starting XI, Kamara's play is should make it hard for AJ to get penciled back into the weekly lineup.

Is Zamora the Paul Konchesky of the offense? You know, the guy who's overall play is pretty solid but there is the one or two gaffes a match that make you wonder how much fluff there is between the ears.

Duff once again looks like another quality Roy Hodgson pick up and it was nice to see Dempsey break his duck and score a goal.

Kelly looked better on the left than he has looked the right.

John Pantsil should come with a warning sign like they have when you enter roller coaster rides that indicates those with heart conditions should not watch his passing game. I love JP but he certainly made some interesting passing choices while Fulham was trying to finish out the match.

Nice to see Hangeland put another thumping header on goal even if Given did make a nice save on the shot.

Did Aaron Hughes play today? I honestly don't remember hearing his name all day.

Schwarzer as usual is the MAN between the posts with several nice shot stops.

Overall I am happy with the point because at 0-2 in favor of Citeh I didn't see us pulling 2 back.

17. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I like what Zamora did out there. OH YEAH HE MISSED A WIDE OPEN CHANCE! Forget what I said beforehand. Seriously, it's good that he brings people in play, but I'm really really tired of watching him miss open goals. I mean seriously, learn how to finish.

Greening gave the ball away in bad positions and was crap. We miss Murphy and we need him back as Greening is not getting it done.

Schwarzer was alright at stopping shots, but he didn't get to a couple of corner kicks and you have to wonder if he saves that shot if he had stayed on the corner they scored. Adebayor fluffed it so he probably would've.

Duff,Dempsey and Baird were pretty damn good. Baird is good at breaking up the plays andhe seems to be learning how to go forward. Our midfield was pretty good.

Kamara was nowhere to be seen alot of the time, but when he turns it on,fuck, he really turns it on. Was that Toure he made look like a fool? I'm not digging that missed opportunity during the first half, but he made up for it and should've had an assist. He can definitely do better throughout the game, but I like the way he plays and the talent he brings.

Good point and could've been more. Both teams missed some good opportunities and it could've been a pretty high scoring game. Good stuff.

18. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Baird was, and has been, tidy. His passing was quick, he hit a good shot wide and, as I said before, his quickness has impressed me. By no means is he fast, but he uses quickness and good angles to his advantage. I thought the guy ran around with cinder-block shoes a couple of years ago.

I felt sorry for Zamora after his miss - he grabbed his head and I thought he was mentally cooked for the rest of the match, but he was OK thereafter and made a nice knockdown to Duff on his goal. Still, it had to be harder to miss that shot than put it in the back of the net - just seems to happen all the time to him.

Pantsil did have some silly passes, including late in the match when he crossed to Tevez for some reason and put him on the break.

Agree with the others that it was a fun match and a nice away point.

COYW

19. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Good away draw for Fulham. Mr. Hodgson has got them rounding into form. These are the best of times for Fulham.

20. SoCalJoe

Hit the nail on the head Lyle, good times right now. Considering the busy week, a tremendous point. Holding Clint out on thurs. paid dividends. The Bobby miss... oh dearie me. That ranks right up there with the Beas' miss in the Gold Cup Final. However, it was great to hear Roy back him up in the postmatch comments, players need to know the manager has their back.