Fulham @ ManCity (R)

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by timmyg, Apr 22, 2008.

1. CarolinaTim

CarolinaTim New Member

I completely agree with both of you. PK has been a huge dissapointment for me. For all the talk about his left foot, I can count on one hand the dangerous crosses he's sent in, and he's sent back to midfield on our corners whereas Boca would be attacking the net. PLEASE WAKE UP ROY. AND ONE MORE VERY IMPORTANT CRUCIAL POINT THAT I'VE BEEN BRINGING UP FOR QUITE A WHILE.......WITHOUT A DEDICATED TOUGH DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER IN FRONT OF OUR BACK 4, WE'LL HAVE PROBLEMS IN ANY LEAGUE........CARRICK, MAKALELE ET AL ARE EXAMPLES. MURPHY AND ANDREASEN ARE UNFORTUNATELY NOT THE ANSWERS. BOCA, VOLZY, OR PK ARE POSSIBILITIES. AS HD SAYS; WHAT SAY YE?

2. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

I miss Boca :(.

I won't be watching the match this week as I have school stuff on Saturday; hopefully, that will bode well for the good guys!

Stick it Citeh!

COYW!

3. jmh

jmh New Member

[​IMG]

I'm not convinced that Andreasen is not the answer in that role. He's been played that way far less often than I'd like because of Roy's confusing determination to start Murphy every match (who clearly is too lightweight for that role). If I were drawing up a lineup for this weekend that included a defensive midfielder in front of the back four, Andreasen would be the guy I used there.

Because I think we need to shake things up:

---------------------- Niemi -----------------------
    Stalteri - Hangeland - Bocanegra - Konchesky
    ------------------- Andreasen ---------------------
    -------------- Bullard --- Dempsey ----------------
    Davies ---------------------------------- Bouazza
    ------------------- McBride ---------------------

Keller, Hughes, Murphy, Johnson, Kamara

Not that I think it'll matter, unfortunately. :(

4. BarryP

BarryP New Member

McBride up front by himself?

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

Sometimes all caps are just a necessity! That line up just screams I give up. If we are officially relegated playing a 4-5-1 with McBride playing the lone strikers role Roy should be made to personally feel the pain and frustration of every Fulham fan by being forced to streak across the pitch at Wembley during the FA Cup final in a pair of boxers, a bikini top and black socks.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

not the picture I want in my head before I've had my evening meal, I can tell you!

6. jmh

jmh New Member

I see your point BarryP but I'm conceiving that lineup as more of a 4-3-3 than a 4-5-1. Think Barcelona. Did you watch the CL semi first leg by any chance? Andreasen (Toure) breaking things up in front of the back four gives the front five more freedom to go forward and create. Davies (Messi) and Bouazza (Iniesta) should play off McBride (Eto'o) and get into the box, not just get to the by-line and cross. Bullard (Xavi) and Dempsey (Deco) should make attacking runs to support the front three. I don't want to see us packing the midfield and playing for a draw any more than you do.

Yes, I'm aware that the guys we've got on the field are poor substitutes, but you get the point. And hey, maybe Bullard might actually put a free kick on frame. :x

7. RDG

RDG Member

Fulham @ ManCity [R]

Anyone (sublicon!) know when Nevada Smiths will show the match? The website has it as "to be confirmed" and some of us would like to know when to show up.

Oh, and weighing in, I would like to see Boca in the starting lineup, rather than Hughes. However, it seems that no one listens to me. Ah, well.

8. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

hahahah...I understand what you're saying jmh but its still funny to look at...

9. Kathy

Kathy New Member

Have fun with the fam at the game, Mike!
    Bienvenido, Bradical.
    Won't be in chat as son has a game at same time.
    All the best for FULHAM!!!!

10. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

well, it ends here.

i'll only be in the chatroom for about the first 20mins. hopefully something positive happens.

COYW

11. LOBO

LOBO New Member

It seems Boca has fallen out of favor since the arrival of Hangeland.
    Hodgson has been reported to prefer height in the backline, but Boca's knack for putting his head on the ball during set pieces should not go unoticed.
    Boca, instead of Hughes lining up next Hangeland would not be a bad idea.

With that said, Fulham are in for tough match. I expect the outcome to be determined on whether or not Fulham can contain Man City's midfield.

Here's to Hope!

12. BarryP

BarryP New Member

I will be at my sons match in the morning barring severe weather so an early COYW's! Give'em hell in the chat room for me tommorrow.

13. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

This is the point of the season where, uh, we start seeing who's Championship worthy I guess.

I don't want to see a McBride led 4-5-1, but I have a sinking feeling that's what we're going to see given the team's recent performances of the last month or so. The team has played too scared and has really paid for it. The relegation fight may be lost, but how it was lost has really sunk my confidence in Hodgson. And I can't imagine it's all that high in the locker room.

14. IanHux

IanHux New Member

Alone.... try having the nearest fan live 20 miles away................

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

tell me about it :3d crying:

16. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Not exactly....depending on what part of San Antonio you live in (could be 20 miles).

I don't post much, mostly just read the postings as I have only followed the EPL for 2 years and Fulham for a year and a half (since Dempsey's arrival). Shame they may go down, I was well on my way to becoming another long suffering fan. Hopefully the Whites can come right back up.

17. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

Waiting to be allowed back in the chat room...apparently, when I am not around, they score!

COYW!!!!
    -T

18. dave2d2

dave2d2 New Member

2-2 draw. Not bad away from home but not good enough I'm afraid. :(

19. kingusc

kingusc New Member

Oh my God!!!!

20. PaydayC4

PaydayC4 New Member

Wow...oh my God is right...I think I see some hands coming out of the relegation grave.

Murphy and KAMARA!!! Where have you been all season!?!