Fulham @ ManCity (R)

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by timmyg, Apr 22, 2008.

1. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Too soon? Mehh....

ManCity may just be ripe for the plucking. Midtable, points away from a European spot, James' gifting them three points...

Who knows, perhaps hope can return for a brief moment. 'Cause reading go to wigan and birmingam host liverpool.

2-1 Fulham.

2. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

It's never too soon to discuss Fulham.

I've just bought my tickets for this match, for me, the missus and the parents who are flying over from NY. I must be crazy.

We need a win. Last chance. Nuff said.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I watched the Citeh v. Pompey match -- you know, scouting our next two away matches. After about 25 minutes I felt great. Both teams' defenses looked at sea most of the time. Their back fours are vulnerable.

My biggest concern on Saturday will be Benjani. Based on what I saw on Sunday, he is at his devastating best. We've gotten good work from the right side of our defense recently, and they'll have to keep it up. Benjani AND Petrov favor the left side and they have pace, touch, and graft. I'd like to see Volzy AND the steady Staltieri on the pitch for this one.

------------------------ Keller ------------------------------

Staltieri --- Hangeland --- Hughes --- Konchesky

------ Volz ------------ Andreasen --------------
    Davies ---------- Bullard ------------ Dempsey

--------------- Johnson ----------------------

Scoff if you will. That's my preferred lineup against this side.

Citeh? They attacked with abandon against a 10 man Pompey and never felt like they had the game until the last 5 minutes. They can be taken.

4. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Re: RE: Fulham @ ManCity (R)

Hey if our fearless leader is a glutton for punishment, I can join in too.

Won't be in the chat room this weekend due to a birthday party for my niece (she turns 1!) during the game. I didn't want to recreate any Nick Hornby scenarios from Fever Pitch, and I wouldn't trust my lineup this weekend so how can I ask Woy to do the same, so I'll just sound off and say

COYW

and try to catch the rebroadcast

5. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

RE: Re: RE: Fulham @ ManCity (R)

I think this game not being on television may be just what we all need...let Mike take care of it for us and bring us back 3 points and an improved goal differential. I like the way Don is thinking with his line-up and we all know RH would love to use the 4-5-1...

That being said I just can't imagine taking McGod out now, not with the form he is in...I think it is time for EJ to get a second chance though so I'll go with...

-----------------------Keller--------------------------

Stalteri--Hangeland----------Hughes--Konchesky

----------------------Andreasen---------------------
    Davies-----------Bullard/Bullard--------Dempsey

------------McGod-----------------------------------
    --------------------------------Johnson--------------

...with that line-up it is 0-2 to the Whites.

UP FULHAM!!!!!!!!!

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

About the chat room, music will take me away for most of the 2nd half, but I'll check in with GJ and you guys. Hope we get some! COYW!

7. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Whatever lineup it takes to win. COYW!!!

8. Bradical

Bradical Member

Hey Folks, first post here, new member, great site.

I believe in FFC to pull out a victory against Man City and survive another week. I think Dempsey is due for some more late-season heroics!

COYW!

9. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

I'm w/Oms, get a result, period. However, EJ?? I rather have gulp.. Kamara, who has actually proven he can score in this league. To be honest, both should be subs at best. No time to play a hunch and hope EJ scores.

I honestly don't think Bolton, Reading, B.City will have more than 33 pts after this weeks results (won't be surprised if they have 32,32,31 respectively), so this is our last opportunity to make it a 4 team race for 2 spots.

Recently saw Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid again. Just like the flick,, the lads are surrounded by the Bolivian Army, holed up and wounded. Let's at least lock and load and go out with guns blazing.

P.S. Welcome Bradical, you're not alone in Denver.

10. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Oh the humanity...I must've missed my meds this morning because I actually agree with Kamara seeing the pitch. FFC needs pace from somewhere and I'm not a fan of EJ or Bouazzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Hopefully, another bicycle kick is in the works...

But if Roy decides to start EJ, somebody please give EJ the wrong directions to the pitch (I can envision him circling for hours underneath the stadium grounds looking for the field a la Spinal Tap in Cleveland).

I kept the first City match tivo'd and reviewed it recently - I didn't think at the time of the first match that we'd be even close to the relegation zone, let alone staring it down. I predict the attack shown in that match will return this weekend, along with 3 points, and thus prolong the masochistic trend deeply rooted in this FFC supporter.

COYW!!!

11. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

welcome to the site Bradical.

12. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

Just want to see them fight until the end. Bradical, where in denver? I work downtown, but live up in Longmont.

13. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

don't tell me you and Bradical are Crapid fans... :roll:

14. Bradical

Bradical Member

dtwondough,

I live in downtown Denver, I didn't know there was another Cottager supporter nearby!

And yes, I am a Rapids fan - rival to omsdogg's FC Salt Lake I presume?

Thanks for the welcoming me - Up FFC!

15. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

Welcome Bradical...there is a thread dedicated to new members introducing themselves...although it is prolly best we don't talk about the impending match and distract ourselves in any way possible!!!

Everytime I go out and watch Fulham at a bar in Chicago I feel more and more like I am alone in my love for the Whites in the Windy City...none-the-less I am happy they exist somewhere in the country...

UP FULHAM!!!!!!!

16. Fulhamburger

Fulhamburger New Member

Beat the Mancs!!

That is all...bye bye now.

17. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Fulham's midfield will be exposed this weekend by Man City and it could turn ugly for the Whites.

Elano, Petrov, Ireland, Hamman, Geovanni, Johnson and Castillo are a solid bunch and I don't think Fulham's midfield or back line will be able to handle them. I remember Baird getting cut to shreds by Petrov at the Cottage. Granted, Fulham drew the game 3-3, but that was when they were amongst the goals.

I just have a bad feeling or maybe it is just the sinking feeling of doubt that has been weighing me down ever since the Liverpool result.

Here is to hoping...

18. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I don't have a good feeling about this game either...2-1, bad guys.

19. AtlantaJohn

AtlantaJohn New Member

Boca

I am totally perplexed by the omission of Boca every week, this guy since he came to Fulham as done everything the managers have asked him to do, played in this spot and this spot, never heard any talk that he was unhappy, a thorough professional, and to say he as been treated unfairly for me is a total understatement.

Fulham have troubles all over the pitch not just in defence, but Konchesky as come in and added nothing, in fact his distribution is in the toilet, Boca plays hard and there will be no loss in defensive capabilities if he gets a recall. But one fact cannot be denied by anyone what Boca can give you is a chance to score goals, I think last season he was the second highest goal scorer, he pops up and scores goals especially from dead balls, he not only does it in the premier he does it internationally.

He is a player who obviously as a knack for getting to the ball when it matters inside the box, and for that alone he is worth his place, because that surely is an area where we are woeful, look at our free kicks last week, nobody got on to any of them, and with McBride in there and being watched Boca seems to get open, we dont need to concentrate on defense Saturday we need goals, in all my years playing and watching this game, I have never seen or been on a team that did not score a goal, that won that game, Ok it can happen own goal, but you get my point, last weeks game after they scored looked like we were the team in 4th, our players should have been streaming forward. But please give Boca a chance, and give some youngsters a shot as well, the old guys are not doing it, maybe some young guns who have more to play for will get us a very unlikely result, becuase if not we are done for sure.

20. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I would like to see Boca also. It has never been clear to me that Hughes or Konchesky are better choices on defense and like Atlanta said, Boca scores goals. I've also thought with Keller in goal it would've been beneficial to have Boca in there since they know each other so well. I've seen some minor break downs in communication between keller and the defense that may not have happened with Boca playing. I think we need Hangeland's height, but his slowness has started to reveal itself and is a concern. Given Boca's flexibility and knack for scoring, I think he would be a good complement to Hangeland.