Fulham @ Manchester United

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by ChicagoTom, Jun 29, 2006.

1. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

Also Carrick wont be playing.

2. BC

BC New Member

It would be sweet indeed if the whites beat the reds as I was a Man U "fan" last year until I decided to find a real team to support. In that light, I shall make my first of many exclamatories: Come On You Whites!!!

3. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

What do you mean "if", the Whites are going to beat the Reds 2-1 :3d smile: .

4. rumstove

rumstove New Member

If I read/remember things correctly, Rooney and Scholes will be available against Fulham because the Dutch haven't turned the bookings over to the FA yet, and it would take a minimum of 14 days for a ban to go into effect...so even if they are banned for the red cards, it won't be in time to keep them from the season opener.

5. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Rooney will most likely be playing in the opener, but the Dutch FA did submit a report to the English FA.

link to article

6. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

7. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

I was reading this morning that both Rooney and Scholes will be allowed to play because of a 14 day waiting period for the FA to suspend them from the outright red cards they both received in the Amsterdam tournament.

8. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 775351.stm

I'm a little pissed off about this. I imagine it was merely a phone call from Man-who? that they needed these guys for the home opener and then the Dutch gladly complied. Not the likes of Serie A, but an inside job none the less.

9. BC

BC New Member

Right, sorry. I meant to type "when" :).

10. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

Yeah, there you go. :D

11. RDG

RDG Member

NYC Meet-up for MU Match

No plans yet. I doubt Baker St. will be open (or Becky's two doors down). I have no desire to go to Nevada's, but I think that McCormack's (3rd Ave & 26th) will be open and showing it. I'm open to any and all suggestions.

COYW!

:3d footy:

12. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

RE: NYC Meet-up for MU Match

I think Im going to a pub in Tampa that has Setanta Sports called Macdinton's Irish Pub, anyone near the Tampa area?

13. DCDave

DCDave Member

If you haven't been there before, I'd suggest checking to see if they're open at 8:30 on a Sunday. I was going to go to a pub in Rehobeth Beach, DE, near where I'll be that weekend, but they don't open until 11. :cry:

14. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

thanks for the heads up, their website says their open at 11:30 7 days a week.

15. ob

ob New Member

Re: NYC Meet-up for MU Match

Hmmm... I don't really want to go to Nevada Smith's either. Anybody got any bright ideas? It would be nice to watch the opening match of the season with fellow Fulhamites.

16. Liddy

Liddy New Member

RE: Re: NYC Meet-up for MU Match

Hi there,

I haven't posted in awhile so I hope you don't mind my jumping in! Can I confirm that the match is on Setanta, which I think is a satellite channel? Will it be replayed on FSC at all? We are trying to get our heads round who shows what, and who replays what. It seems that FSC replays a lot of their covered matches, but we haven't yet figured out if they replay Setanta matches.

We are in Columbus and found 2 pubs that say they will show the match live, even though it's early, but there is a small chance that we can't make it (guests coming to stay). Therefore, I'm working on a back-up plan! I don't know anyone with Setanta at home, but we have FSC.

This week hubby and I moved to the US from London and gave up FFC season tickets, which means that we're formulating our plan of attack to catch as many of the tv matches as possible. Needless to say, we appreciate your help and look forward to participating in the forum now that we're on this side of the ocean.

Thanks!

17. Theoldguy

Theoldguy New Member

From the Fox Soccer Channel: This weeks Premier League matches, and Fulham isn't on at all the week of August 14 through August 20

http://www2.foxsports.com/world/pdf/fsw34.pdf

Anyone from the Cincinnati area, know of any bar/pub where the match will be shown live, and when will Fulham FC start allowing you to sign up for the Fulham TV site? With a little more than a week to go, I am hoping they open up the site real soon.

18. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Any bar/pub/place that has the Setanta Sports package will air it.

http://www.setanta.com/content/setanta/ ... eadjust=8&

Setanta gets first grab at the prem games then FSC can air what isn't picked up by them is how I understand it.

19. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

20. RDG

RDG Member

NYC Meet-Up??

At least I KNOW McCormack's will be open, as I got an email from them. No cover, which is nice. I was also thinking of Floyd's in Brooklyn (Atlantic Ave., near Henry St.) which has bocce, in case the game gets out of hand. I know that a number of places in Queens will be showing the match, but I doubt anyone wants to come out to my neck of the woods.