Fulham @ Leicester Pre and Postgame [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by pettyfog, Jan 5, 2007.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Okay... except remove one of the keepers, thinking Warner... and remove John... too many strikers on there

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

The FA Cup is back. I was going to write an article on this as well as a preview of the tie, but the January transfer is really commanding all my and everyone else's attention.

The FA Cup is a truly unique competition. Every club -- amateur, semipro, and professional -- is in the mix. I remember standing in the bar of the Shefford Town FC ground watching the drawing to find out which ONE of the supporters would go to Wembley for the FA Cup final. No other country in the world invests as much support and attention into their Association knock-out competition. I love it.

Also, it's a money spinner if you can get past rounds 3 and 4, and -- if your opponent in the final is Chelscum or ManUre -- even getting the snot kicked out of you in the final can get you into Europe. We screwed up the League Cup and that potential [Wycombe is still in!!!!!] so I'd like to see us have a good FA Cup run.

As for tomorrow against Leicester [a potentially dangerous opponent], I like:

Warner
    Voltz Christanval Boca 3U
    Routledge, Brown, Radz
    HH, McB, Runstrom [Montella at the half]

Let's give Rosenior the day off.

Nothing on TV and I won't be in the Chat room -- haircut and thangs to do with HatterMom, but I'll have the McBride jersey [1 win/4 draws/no losses] on.

COYW -- Skin some foxes!

3. pettyfog

Yeah... it's unique, all right... it's second oldest footy tournament in the world!

First, of course, is the US version of the same. US Open - Lamar Hunt Cup

4. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I am pleased to see Coleman has decided to go with the regulars in tomorrow's match.

In the four previous FA Cup meetings between these two clubs, Leicester City has advanced all four times. I hope tomorrow brings a change to that.

I think Fulham will be up for this match on the road and win comfortable 2-0.

5. WonsanUnited

WonsanUnited New Member

I think this is going to be a tough match. New faces, lots of guys have left, and key injuries will create problems for Fulham. I think this is going to end 2-1. I like having so many strikers. So I can see it going up to maybe 3-1.

6. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

I think we will play a 4-4-2.

------------Warner ---------------
    Liam---Christanval---Boca---3U
    Routledge---Brown---Voltz---Radz
    --------HH--------Runstrom------
    Volzy has been hard working and deserves his place. I think he may be a genuine prospect in midfield in the future, he is learning the position quickly.

Liam is young and better playing than watching, on the other hand McBride is on the downward end of his career and I am sure would welcome an extra week off - or at least until half time when we are chasing the game!

On the plus side, former Fulham player "give us a song" Elvis Hammond is injured so should not score against us!
    I think we will lose 1-0 for no other reason than Fulham is a slave to tradition!

7. Leftie

Leftie New Member

Is there anyway to catch the match on TV anywhere?

Ben

8. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsA ... ester.aspx

9. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

With the above info in mind, what is our backline going to look like?

Volz--Boca--Zakauni--Rosenior?

10. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Today's line-up:

Fulham: Lastuvka, Rosenior, Pearce, Bocanegra, Omozusi, Routledge, Brown, Volz, Radzinski, Helguson, McBride

Subs: Montella, Warner, Runstrom, John, Zakuani

11. martin

martin New Member

Is anyone able to get Gentleman Jim's commentary on FulhamTV? I just get dead air. The Leicester audio stream is working, though.

12. sfm

sfm Member

13. martin

martin New Member

Re: RE: Fulham @ Leicester Pre and Postgame [R]

Thanks for the info. I'll have to suffer with these Leicester clowns.

14. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

Fulham gets to play Leicester City AGAIN

2-2, I'm not really happy that a mostly first-team Fulham squad drew against Leicester City...

At least it wasn't a loss (poor, poor, poor Charlton and Sheffield United!).

15. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Just back in...

...the FA Cup is such a special tournament. I never had so much fun at an away match before. Our supporters were brilliant and really were there to cheer Fulham on and have a bit of a laugh at the same time.

Our fantastic supporters aside, it was unlucky that Leicester drew at the end, but the blame does go on Omozousi (sp?) in my opinion. Whilst he seriously impressed me, it was him who gave away the ball to let Leicester equalize.

Fulham played well but you could tell that the defense just wasn't in synch. Too many new boys at the back. Great goal by both McBride and especially Volz.

Montella did well but he didn't go up for any headers...this worried me slightly seeing as he'll have to contest to get any chance play for FFC.

Back to our supporters, pure class and alot of the old boys were there in force. COYW's

16. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

USA! -- Fulham

After McBride scored, he ran to the Fulham section and we sang his song, all 2,200 Fulham fans then went on to serenade him with USA!! USA!! USA!!

Really enjoyed that myself...

17. PureYank

PureYank New Member

We need The "GOOCH"

If we had "Gooch" in the backfield we would'nt have given up that late goal.

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I know it's a natural inclination to brood over dropped points, but with all the injuries we've had and all the folks playing out of position, we're unbeaten in six straight matches, and that includes the 4 in 12 days lark.

Yes, we could have won three of those that we drew, but I still think we're hanging in there quite well. With the January sales bringing a larger squad for CC to choose from, I really like what the rest of the season can mean for us.

COYW; wish I could have been there today, Mikey

19. pettyfog

-sigh- I'm beginning to wonder if we'll ever see McBride in an MLS kit, again.
    Even his ego-less thinking must be being altered on that.

But, no matter the planks who think he'll become a coach, THAT wont happen either.

20. Buchanan

Buchanan New Member

It seems that Volz is becoming quite the goal scorer :wink: