Fulham Football Club V's The Ritchest Club in the World

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by TheOldBugger, Nov 29, 2008.

1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

It's prediction time and it's going to be 2-1 for the good guys (1 from the midfield, I'll say Davies to pick up his play with a goal, and 1 from the strike force, Bobby Z getting his just rewards for all his hard work). Mark gets a big edge over their gk and will surely be needed.

2. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

2-0

'Three clean sheets in row,' you say?!? That's right, 3 in a row.

By the time Mrs. Nevzter and I stumble in the front door (according to HD, of course), FFC will already be one up. And Citeh will gift us an own goal too.

COYW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS - Is Etuhu this year's Cook? Just wondering...

3. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

If Vassell starts, we win by 2 (3-1 or 2-0). If not, I still like us for the win, say 2-1....like almost everyone else.

4. Hoppy

Hoppy New Member

I hope not. He has been injured until recently. I think its more of a case of Roy's philosophy of not tinkering with the side. The test will come when Murphy gets another yellow card and misses a game, or someone gets injured. Then Etuhu or Andreasson will have to step up. Until then, i don't see them gettting anything more than a late sub appearance.

5. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

While I am finishing cleaning up baby barf and waiting for some favorite blamkets to finish being washed (yech!) I wanted to enter my 2 cents...

No Elano? No problem! When he is on, which isn't often enough for City, danged if his feet aren't sweet. Wait, that sounds funny.

Their defense this year, especially w/o Richards, looks as generous as ours was last year. I think Dunne starts off with a yellow card, and it's 50/50 if he'll get a second one. I'll take that chance. In a sense, I feel bad for Hart because he is so much better than his defense. Kompany? Pah. The fourth guy? I don't know his name for a reason.

Especially in the Cottage, I hope for at least two goals from F5 and Zamora, their runs have been too good not to score against a defense not as skilled as ManU's or Villa's

Hey, have some faith iin our back line and GK! Torres on one OK leg is still poretty good, and Keane is no slug either, and we held them to a clean sheet. Ditto Abonlahor and Milner. This defense does not get the credit that they would if it said one of the big four names on front of the jersey instead of Fulham.

2-0 to The Good Guys.

6. Hoppy

Hoppy New Member

Just watched Roy's pre-game interview on the offal. As erudite as ever. It sounds to me like he almost sees Hangeland's departure as inevitable, but not until the end of this season. Some 'big club' will just offer to double his wages and FFC will be unable to match them. But I'm sure Roy will get max dollars for him, and spend them wisely.

7. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

I just got back from London and my obligatory (second) trip to Craven Cottage...so I'm feeling quite good at the mo'...three points to The Whites! Fingers crossed...

8. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Nice call, OB.

I have to say, this is a disappointing draw on the whole, considering the form of the last two weeks. Especially in the first half, as far as I could tell, City had too much possession and was able to assert their will in a way they shouldn't have been able to do.

I think the thing for me is that the relegation monster is still in the rear view window; even though it isn't as big as last year, 20 pts from 15 games isn't enough to make me think all will be OK.

9. Hoppy

Hoppy New Member

RE: Re: Fulham Football Club V

Yes an anticlimactic game. Davies seemed very quiet. I would have liked Roy to bring SOMEONE on in his place, even if only to give say Etuhu a run out, or ideally Nevland to create a bit more bite up front. Having said that, we were denied a definite penalty, and Hart saved a Bullard screamer. Zamora looks down in confidence to me when in sight of goal

10. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Good time in the chat room as always. Thanks to all for the play by play for those of us totally in the dark (literally for us out here on the leftcoast). Hard to make any comment w/out seeing the highlights (hint hint). Will say it's great to see Jimmy get off the schnide and sounds like Hart robbed him of a brace.

11. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

the second half was quite disappointing, only because the first was quite good.

but as Don said in the latest podcast (shameless plug, sorry), we're creating chances. so although 3 straight draws with only 1 goal sounds bad, especially when we should have won today, its no where near the dire form we had this time last year.

no subs is also frustrating, but the flow of the Fulham was beautiful.

not to look ahead already, but next weeks match is vital.

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

all the matches are vital, timmyg, but not in the case of ... if we draw again it means we're going down. We've got a couple of very good streaks going here, 5 or 6 unbeaten, 10 giving up only 1 or 0 goals. We're much more competitive than we've been in any recent season. Let's enjoy the good -- you know, like nobody was peeing his pants when Benjani scored in the 6th.

13. Kathy

Kathy New Member

Go get'em, **FULHAM**!

14. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Haha, I wasn't peeing my pants when Benjani scored. In fact, it didnt faze me (whether thats because of confidence or sleepiness, I don't know yet).

But what I mean is that if Fulham lose at Stoke, it will be revealing about the club's future table position. Not relegation fodder, but lower-mid table mediocrity. After the past two seasons is that good? Yes!

But a win will confirm my inklings that we can easily be a top-10 side.

So for me, then, its vital.

15. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

16. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

To piggyback on top of what Don says, even though yesterday's draw was a disappointment, we have 20 points from 15 games. A quick review at http://www.statto.com/football/stats/en ... 2008-03-08 shows that we hit 20 points last year on 8 March, after drwing with Blackburn away 1-1.

In other words, the "wink game".

20 points at the beginning of March. Great balls of fire on a pogo stick, how did we avoid relegation last year.

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

two very well-taken goals. Thanks for posting, LaxAttack, and thanks for posting the Villareal highlights as well.

18. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Aiming for the level of the 2003-04 team, they were in 4th place after 15 games (!) with 25 points.

19. IanHux

IanHux New Member

Did anybody else see that they put Benjani's header on the SC top 10 plays instead of Bullard's far superior strike? It kinda... no it did.... piss me off very much.

20. Hoppy

Hoppy New Member