Fulham Football Club V's The Ritchest Club in the World

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by TheOldBugger, Nov 29, 2008.

1. jmh

jmh New Member

Since this site doesn't say it yet, I thought I'd point out that this match will be live on Setanta at 7:45am Eastern.

2. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

And because I don't trust my internet and the clampdowns on feeds, anyone else going to the pub that early?

Its going to be a blast...sorta.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I"m going to throw my Volz jersey [undefeated in four] over my pjs and head for GJ and the Chatroom. See youse guys there, although probably not a lot of folks from the Mountain or Pacific time zones.

Geez 0445 in the Bay Area. Nevzter should just be getting home!

4. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

:twisted:

Thank goodness for dvr.

5. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

I'll be there. I won't sleep well anyway and I am going on a ride at 9 with some racer types who ride their bikes real fast. So I will need a full pot of joe to keep up with those guys and gals.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

charity ride?

7. ohio4fulham

ohio4fulham New Member

Although City's defense has been shaky, I think that this will be a tough game. Fulham have been playing well and have taken two very good points from the last week, but they'll need to keep their axes to the grindstone if they're going to come away from this one with all three points.
    I think City will be looking to redeem themselves after their defeat against ManU and they're definitely a dangerous in attack.
    I have faith that Roy will get the boys prepared ... early prediction ... Fulham 2 / Man City 1 ... Fulham take all three points.

8. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

5:45 on a weekend. Dang, that's early. I might have to just try and catch the 2nd half. of course by then, it will be 2-0 good guys.

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

City is playing a UEFA Cup match now -- evening in Blighty. Hopefully they'll be a bit knackered for the lunchtime match on Saturday.

10. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

and hopefully they get booted from that competition before April, so I can witness the other match against them in Manchester.

Also, anyone know how long it takes for the goodies that come with being a Fulham Member to arrive?

11. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

Not this time. This is a weekly ride for these serious dudes and dudettes who won't even talk to you they are so serious (Category 1 and Cat 2 riders who race against Pro's like Leipheimer, Armstrong, etc.), so we are going to catch on to the back, middle, or front of the peleton (about 80 riders) and see if we can stay with them and for how long just to see where our fitness levels are so far this winter/fall. Suffering is likely to be end result.

Should be interesting. :D

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

rock 'n roll, young fella

13. Hoppy

Hoppy New Member

Just watched some of the 2nd half of Man City v PSG. PSG all over them and should have scored. City defence looked indecisive and ponderous. Look very vulnerable to the sort of Danny Murphy through ball identical to the one he gave Kamara against them last season in our 2-3 win up there. So I think if we can restrict them to one goal we'll have another of our nailbiting 2-1 victories.

14. JP-STL

JP-STL New Member

For any of you St. Louisans, I'm going to try and catch the second half at that new place called the Amsterdam Tavern. It opened last month. Anyone been there yet?

They open at 7:30 a.m. on Saturdays for soccer watching. I'm not setting an alarm, but if I'm out of bed before 8:00 I'll probably stop by for whatever's left of the match.

15. FrankTheYank

FrankTheYank New Member

I've got no nails left after the last few matches. Sooner or later we have to get 3 goals in a match...dont we?

Further to Hoppy's City/PSG analysis, here's what Soccernet said: "But after the exertions of the derby against Manchester United - and a morale-sapping defeat - {City} were running on empty in the last 20 minutes.

3-1, ok everybody? So much better for the blood pressure.......

16. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

Welcome to FUSA Frank!

17. ohio4fulham

ohio4fulham New Member

18. TheOldBugger

TheOldBugger New Member

if thats true(and not just paper talk) that's their best striker, 2 very good midfielders and a good defender out!
    Looking good for us then!

19. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I know Richards is good and we're better off not facing him, but I really enjoyed last season's match when Dempsey got in his grill. Fun to see Micah and Terry and a couple of other "hard guy defenders" get some East Texas 'tude.

Nah, never mind, we're better off with Richards watching at home on TV.

20. Jensers

Jensers New Member

If they are full strength - I see the back line having a very difficult time due to the fact that Man City want to run at you and generally beat you on the ground. I have been really impressed with Hangeland this year, but if someone with quick feet goes right at him...

I am not sure he has it.

That being said - I think Fulham has a shot here due to the fact that there is unrest and Man City, they have injuries, and for all their attack - the defense is.... Yikes.

If the attack can get going Fulham can shake the current 1 point grind and earn all 3.