FULHAM fight 'scum [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by WhitesBhoy, Dec 22, 2008.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

and, now CERTAINLY it must be time for Barclay's Manager of the Month!

2. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

3. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

WhitesBhoy...the ladies of FulhamUSA thank you :)!

4. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

Some more numbers:

-Fulham are just the second team this season (Arsenal is the other) to score 2 goals in a league game against Chelsea.
    -Fulham's current 9-game unbeaten run is matched only by Liverpool's equivalent run.
    -If Fulham beats or draws against Blackburn, they will have matched Liverpool for the longest unbeaten run in the Premiership this season.

Whether they rode their luck yesterday or not, it's been a terrific run of form and we should all enjoy it.

5. jmh

jmh New Member

I'm not sure why they put #15 on Dempsey though.

6. Bradical

Bradical Member

Great play from the Boys.

My only issue was the lapse in concentration from Hughes on Chelsea's first goal and on another opportunity moments later. The free kick that got Lampard's 2nd was nonsense IMO.

2 goals on 3 shots against Cech - unbelievable.

COYW! Let's have a nice FA Cup run to go along with the streak!

7. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Great match. Great goals from Capt American Jr. Has the torch been passed? Is Dempsey the new Capt. American?

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Bradical, I think most will agree that the problem with the first goal was an uncharacteristic hesitation on the part of The Big Aussie. Hughes did what he should have.

9. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

Dempsey has to be a captain before he can be Captain America. Captaining is what Reyna did best. As it is, he's not captaining the US or Fulham.

10. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Regardless, I'm looking forward to watching him score against Mexico on Feb 11th.

11. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was odd.

And it's obvious that my reading comprehension skills aren't as acute as my southern Cal neighbor b/c I failed to see Roy was manager of the week. :oops:

12. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

and Dempsey equals Arsenal's effort by being the only player to score two v Chelsea! :banana:

Okay, I know it's a team effort but I couldn''t resist!

Thanks for stats Nmancini and btw, Lebron will resign a year early with Cavs this summer so he aint comin' to New York.

13. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Yes we do. Not too shabby, hey Terri. nudge, nudge, say no more

14. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Hughes. Actually looked like it hit his arm (which was against his body) as he turned, but it hit him and deflected to the Hangman who cleared the box.

15. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Amen and Hallelujah :banana: :banana:

My goodness, I screamed so much when Deuce knocked in both goals, especially #2, I gave myself a headache. My 2 year old son thinks I am nuts, and he officially likes the Doodlebops more than he likes soccer, and he doesn't like Fulham. (He's only 2 -- he'll come around. At least he doesn't like Chelski either.)

The best thing about this is that we came away with a point against a world class team on a day when we were clearly the second best team on the pitch. That shows HEART. We didn't have that last year and we would have surely lost that game. Not saying that everyone had a great game, but even so, we kept on fighting until the end, and once we got that corner, somehow I just knew we were going to score. Thanks Clint for making me look clairvoyant!!! What I didn't know is that CCCFC would not do what every AYSO team knows to do against corner kicks, such as PUT MEN ON BOTH POSTS!!!!! THANKS SCUMBAGS!!!! ANYONE ON THE BACK POST CLEARS THAT HEADER OFF THE LINE EASILY!!!!!

I guess there are plays that we can Monday morning quarterback, like the first Chelski goal, but the players are professional enough to do that themselves. It's too great a day to be carping.

Wow I just got fired up all over again, a day later. I've had to haold it all in, my bride spilled coffee on our keyboard and I could do no typing yesterday :lol:

9 in a row, even if 6 of them are draws, is a fantastic feat. Especially when 3 of the draws are against teams currently in the top 4. And Hughes, thanks for saving that last shot, I don't want to think of the consequences of that ball going in.

WAY TO BE FULHAM!!! COME ON YOU WHITES!!!!!

16. jmh

jmh New Member

The hesitation was uncharacteristic, you're right, but also they bumped into each other (Schwarzer and Hughes) when Schwarzer did decide to come for the ball.

17. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

We'll see, Mo. :wink:

18. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

after driving all day yesterday and tinkering with the photo, my thoughts are finally up on the offside blog.

19. dave2d2

dave2d2 New Member

Wow, what a game! Clint Dempsey is playing like a man possessed! On the other hand, how good is Frank Lampard? That man, could have easily have had the hat trick after Dempsey's equalizer. I have never seen a ball move like that (second goal for Lampard), forget about "Bend it like Beckham" , it should be "Ignore the Laws of Physics Like Lampard".

20. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Move like what? I saw a slight knuckleball effect on the replay. This was exactly what the documentary on the latest WC ball showed.