FULHAM fight 'scum [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by WhitesBhoy, Dec 22, 2008.

1. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Anyone find any online highlights yet?

2. LaxAttack

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

What a wonderful bit of larceny. This is the first time all season I've seen us dominated, and we got a point out of it.

First of all, if there's a goal to be scored to steal a point in the last 10 minutes, THIS YEAR we're going to be the ones to do so.

The back four looked sound, although Schwarzer will be cursing himself blind for The Scum's first goal. I thought the best of the bunch today was PK who is really rounding into form.

The midfield was cherce. Etuhu made some good clearances and looked very strong in the tackle. Murphy had a great match, and Davies -- while he did a very average job in every other department -- found our SuperTexan twice. Speaking of which, even without the equalizing goal, I thought our best player all day was Dempsey. I loved watching him strip possession from Cashley Cole all damn morning.

The strike pair were very much overmatched. Neither AJ nor Bobby Z looked even remotely likely to get the better of their defenders for even a second.

Good result -- 9 unbeaten. Roy for Manager of the Month. 8)

Missed you guys in the room this morning.

Last thought: We started 2008 at home to Chelsea. Like today, we had a 1-0 lead at half time. Like today, Chelsea hit two second half goals. Unlike today, we didn't equalize. The Scum fans brought in the new year by singing "we won't play you anymore." They can find room for that chant right near the Blue Flag. :banana: :banana:

4. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

You must have some personal rule, that you have to mention your MLS team every chance you get when something great happens for Fulham. It is somewhat offensive and demeaning to Fulham fans. There are reasons Big Soccer exists, and one of the reasons is so you can do all your Crew bloviating over there.

I don't mention Celtic every chance I get, even when they so nicely shut up the home crowd against the Rangers yesterday. Guess I have now. :wink:

5. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Oh what a fantastic end to 2008!!!!

FSC has only shown a few Fulham matches this season but we get to see Dempsey score 2 versus the scum - how lucky is that! Also, how great of a reward to us for sponsoring Demps!!!

Way to go Fuham! It was a thoroughly enjoyable match and I must confess that I new Cint was going to score the equalizer. Luckily, I didnt mention it outloud to anyone so it really happened.

Looking forward to Mike's first-hand report and that of anyone else who was there.

6. TheOldBugger

TheOldBugger New Member

It's not about he size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog :D can't speak,voice knacked and I sound like Beaker off the muppets! Wot a game :banana:
    You have to remember that Chelsea are one of the best sides in Europe and we fightened the hell out of them!
    No wonder I'm on blood pressure tablets :wink:
    We did run out of steam but the running the players did that is understandable,Everybody can hold their heads high today
    The rest of the Prem will take notice of this,a marker has been put down now,FULHAM ARE NOT AN EASY GAME ANY MORE!
    After what I have seen today ,honestly I think that 6th is there to play for,I'm not saying we will get there but we have a chance :banana:

COME ON FULHAM!

7. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Chelsea has no samba under Scolari. Good draw for the Lillywhites. 15 more points and we can start talking about next season.

Think we might lose to Sheffield Wednesday next week though. Up North, big foul-mouthed, luddite crowd... not a prawn sandwich for Fulham.

8. Han-Solo

Han-Solo New Member

9. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

SI.com's main Soccer page (that's what they call it) has the headline "A Fumble At Fulham" with a pic of Dempsey after scoring one of his goals.

10. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

Geez Fog, where have you been hiding your football commentary this past year since I have been on the board? Well put, please comment more so we know you actually like the game. :lol:

And you're welcome to comment on the Crew anytime you like as far as I am concerned, they did you right this season.

11. DCDave

DCDave Member

What a match. We saw the first 1/2 hour of the second half on a TV in a bar at the Manchester (NH, not UK) airport, including both chelsea goals. Once we left, I followed the game score on my iPhone on the plane, and just before they shut the door, I saw we'd tied it up--boy, was that great!

From what I saw, chelsea is certainly the superior team talent-wise, but there is a determination that this Fulham club has that can't be bought, no many how many rubles you throw in the pot. Fulham play well as a club and I think were justly rewarded with the draw. To Mike and the others there, great job; we heard you long and hard on the broadcast, as opposed to the chelsea fans, who seemed to wake up from their stupor only when their club scored.

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

the essential difference between "the big six and the rest of us" [shameless self-promotion] is that when Chelsea go to the bench, they find Anelka and Ferriera. ON THE BENCH. We find, Andreassen, Baird, and Nevland.

I still like us better!

13. MisfitKid

MisfitKid New Member

AMEN TO THAT!!

Our (I think I can say that) defense is so strong!!
    They seemed to withstand wave after wave of Blue Poo.

But I did have one question, and it seemed to go right by the announcers. On the second Scum goal (aside from the Swiss Cheese wall), why was a Direct Free Kick given. I am a "fairly" competent referee and Law 12 under a Dangerous Play (high-kick) Foul is an In-Direct Free Kick... :roll:

14. Fulhamburger

Fulhamburger New Member

Looks like Gera will have to wait awhile to start again. Which is a shame because I rate him. Demspey still is better though.

What a great match!!!!!!!!!!

:banana:

Lets have a nice cup run.

15. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Although it took 9+ hours for me to drive from my parents house in Mass back to Bmore (normally should take 7), I was grinning the whole way down.

Oh so proud of the Fulham. And see Don, we did get 5 points from the three matches! :lol:

16. jmh

jmh New Member

Both of them, I think. He probably could've had the second too. Such is life.

17. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

:banana:

18. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

In so many words, I was saying a similar thing.

19. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

20. LaxAttack

Hodgson also got Manager of the Week.