Fulham Fan from Boston area

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by jimsig, Jun 27, 2008.

1. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Hello all,
    I have been meaning to join the site for some time and noticed that there were 1099 members, so I figured I would make it an even 1100! I am from the Boston area living on the South Shore.

Last November (2007) my wife and I traveled to London for a week, she had been trying to get me there for 6 years. We wanted to do a few non touristy things and although we were not football fans we decided on catching a football match. It happened that Fulham would be playing Reading at Craven Cottage on Nov 3rd. We got great seats a few rows back in the Johnny Haynes stands (Sec AL) right in the middle of the 6 yard box, on the Hammersmith End. Well we ended up loving every min of it and got a great appreciation of the game. We have since become big Fulham fans. When we can not be home for a televised game we make sure we DVR it. Like everyone else we were very glad when Fulham was able to stay up as we will now be able to watch them again on Fox Soccer Channel. We did not want to have to figure out a different team to support next year when we watch on TV.
    I took some pics that day that can be found on my Webshots page. If anyone is interested you can also access our London vacation photos there as well. Let me know what you think.

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Welcome to the site Jim. Thanks for sharing the photos, and glad to see you and your wife caught the Fulham bug. There are a few posters on here from the Boston area, so once the season rolls around there will surely be a match viewing at a pub near you.

3. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Great stuff Jim and welcome to the site.

You attended a great game and glad to hear you are now full fledged fulham fans.

Atually, there are about 3,000 'members' signed up to the site now, 1100 exactly (thanks to you!) that have posted on the board

COYW's

4. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Welcome to FUSA Jim! What a great choice you made when you stopped by the Cottage for a game.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

welcome aboard, y'all!

6. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Hi Jim,

Welcome to FUSA. You did well to find a game we won! Clearly a lucky new addition to our ranks.

7. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I have changed my avatar to a pic of me taken after the Reading match. I am looking forward to Aug 16. Hopefully the match will be on Fox Soccer Channel

8. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

How do I mark my location on the Fulham USA Members Map?

9. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Jim, go under 'my account' on the left side of the page and edit your info.

10. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Welcome -- outstanding avatar!

11. Coog

Coog New Member

Nice to see a fellow New Englander here, Jim. I enjoyed your pics of London.