FULHAM @ Chelsea

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Dec 19, 2005.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

O.K., most likely a game that we will lose but in games like this, we have NOTHING to lose. There will be a great atmosphere brought by our supporters and if injuries work with us, we should have a strong squad.

:banana: <--------Its Peanut Butter Jelly Time.

Line up:

Crossley

Liam --Boca --Goma --N. Jensen

Radz --Steeed --Papa --Boa

McBride -- Helguson

The only scary part is that 4 of these players were either out or had to leave last weeks match.

COYW's.

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Anything is possible on Boxing Day. I can't wait for this one. For those in the States, this match WILL be shown LIVE on Fox Soccer Channel at 10AM EST/9AM CST.

More comments on this match throughout the week!

3. misswitch2

misswitch2 New Member

I shall be there tinsle and all....BLOO POO are goin' D'aaaaaaan!

4. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Quick note, this game has been switched from a LIVE broadcast to a tape delay one. It is now being shown at 2:30PM EST/1:30PM CST. That sucks, but it is better than not seeing it at all.

5. americanmike

Re: RE: FULHAM @ Chelsea

WHAT?!?! No fricken way...thats crap. Glen is gonna be pissed! Then again, every U.S. Chelsea fan is probably gonna be pissed too so good, I feel better.

6. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Yup, they moved the Newcastle-Liverpool match to the LIVE game that morning. I guess they thought it would be a better game. Or, they thought more people would be awake at 2:30 to see Fulham upset the champions. They want to make sure more people are watching when David knocks off Goliath!

7. Jux

Jux New Member

Classic! :big grin:

8. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

RE: Re: RE: FULHAM @ Chelsea

One word...'pants'.

9. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

Last year I went home and watched us get royally screwed by the blue poo 4-1 at our place and I felt utterly humiliated. Almost as much as that time in the confessional when Father Murphy made me.....nevermind.

Anyway, I am going to buck my usually pessimistic attitude and suggest that somehow we are going to battle our way to a point this time. I am not sure how or why we will get a point but I can feel it in my water.

1-1 final score with an early Papa header which they will equalize in the second half. You heard it here first folks.

10. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

On a side-note:

Someone on the Off'al MB raised the question of WHY there was no one in range to take advantage of McBride's heading-down of 50-50 balls.. when it seemed to him that Brian won about 80% of them.

I'd like to know, as well.

Could that someone be the 'Iceman'?

11. americanmike

If you check out the replays of the match this weekend, most of the time it was the 'ICEMAN' who were on the end of Brians headers.

12. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

Call me when you get the chance, I got some detail on my efforts to do the virtual tour if you didnt give it out yet....

13. AtlantaJohn

AtlantaJohn New Member

Chelsea

Just wanted to add a word of caution, the Chelsea game kicks off at 1.00PM in London, thats 7.00am in Chicago, so it was not even going to be live @ 10.00am est. The Newcastle Liverpool game kicks off at 3.00 PM 9.00am Chicago time, so when that game starts the Fulham game will be over, so i would suggest not watching that one live either, because if Fulham spring the upset thats all you will hear about. For some reason I am looking forward to this one, because I truly believe we have a shot at an upset, lets face it even a draw would be an upset, but I really do think we can get a result on Boxing day. Anyway Merry Xmas to all my fellow Fulham fans, and even if we dont get a result Monday lets hope we can get some good results with the other three games over the next couple of weeks.

14. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: Chelsea

I am cautiously optimistic about this match for some reason. I think the team will show up and definitely give it all they have. My concern is the tactics we use.

Chelsea rarely loses and in watching matches they do draw and lose, it is usually because teams take it right at them and attack them. Our defense is not the best. Thus, we cannot sustain 90 minutes of attacking from Chelsea by just sitting back making Chelsea work. Eventually we will give up a goal.

I would love to see Cookie unleash the dogs and take it at Chelsea. Perhaps it will not be enough, but as a supporter, it would make me happy at least seeing my team giving it a proper go at the champions.

If Chelsea is on their best form, no matter how well we play, we will lose. However, I do think Mourinho's boys will not be firing on all cylinders Monday.

Anything is possible in this game. I am hoping for the best on Monday!

15. americanmike

Injuries

No Steeed for Chelsea and probably no John. We'll be luck to have Boca back for it.

16. RDG

RDG Member

Chelski match -- meet-up?

Anyone up for watching the match at someplace other than Nevada Smith's? We could meet up on Wrestling Day (oops! Boxing Day!!) and bore each other with our holiday and transit strike stories.

A couple of beers would make the match more interesting, too.

17. americanmike

RE: Chelski match -- meet-up?

Sorry Dude, since its not LIVE I won't be coming in to the city. I will be up early though in the Chat room and listening to Gentleman Jim. COME ON FULHAM, kick the Blue out of Chelsea.

18. RDG

RDG Member

RE: Chelski match -- NYC meet-up?

Oh well, that's one down. Anyone else? I have no desire to get up early, especially after this past week. I may have to do so tomorrow, but I certainly won't on Monday, not even for GJ.

COYW!!

19. thesportingrogue

thesportingrogue New Member

I'm proud of our boys. They fought hard and put a scare into Chelski. The first time that Cech & Co. have conceded two goals all season!

20. misswitch2

misswitch2 New Member

was there. just got back....the boyz made us proud and the fans were awesome....