Fulham @ Boro, Sunday 11/20/05

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by ChicagoTom, Nov 17, 2005.

1. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Fulham vs Boro at the Riverside on Sunday at 11AM ESt/10am CST Live on Pay-per-view. Should be a good match.

Boro's form at home has been so-so. They have beaten both Manchester United and Arsenal at home, but also lost to lowly Sunderland and upstarts Charlton there as well. Thus, their home form is unpredictable.

Fulham could use a big win on the road. They have not won on their travels yet this season. Perhaps Sunday will be the first.

What lineup would you like to see? What formation? Predictions?

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

The WINNING one!

4-4-2, of course.

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

That is tough, tough loss. We held the lead twice in this match and pissed it away. I thought today was going to be the day we got our first road win.

4. christopher

christopher New Member

Once again poor defending in the back line has let us down. Zat was absolutely crap, he couldn't do any right. It was a real pitty to lose this one.

5. ob

ob New Member

I'm absolutely gutted. We deserved to win this and poor defending let us down. Ok so there were a couple of odd refereeing decisions, but our defence had to take the resposibility for the loss. I thought Tony Warner was good, but he can't do much when Zat Knight has the concentration span of a goldfish...

6. DCDave

DCDave Member

Not to mention that Knight should have been called for a penalty with his hip check in the box.

7. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

I already told Dave and Heather this, but if this transfer window closes again this January without a replacement for Knight, it may be a long spring.

8. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

Re: RE: Fulham @ Boro, Sunday 11/20/05

hey I object to this quote, what you got against Goldfish?

9. christopher

christopher New Member

RE: Re: RE: Fulham @ Boro, Sunday 11/20/05

On the other hand, Voltz was brilliant (again). Goma seemed not up to match fitness and had troubles covering for N.Jensen when he went forward. I don't know what Cookie is going to do with Zat. We couldn't get money for him, so a loan spell might be good?

10. andyns

andyns New Member

RE: Re: RE: Fulham @ Boro, Sunday 11/20/05

Volz was crap. His defending was poor and when he went up with the ball and found space he always lost it. Other than that it was same old from Knight, Radz, Jensen, and Leggy, absolute rubbish the bunch of them. Radz, inparticular, is an absolute joke. I am so gutted. I support Cookie, but I don't know how much more I can handle him playing these clowns.

11. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

Well there's a big difference of opinion...
    Voltz was Brilliant, Voltz was crap..

I think we now need to have a poll...

I say the whole team is Crap I said so in Columbus and I stick by it. this team will win NOTHING and go No where but DOWN!

and that is Sad, Very sad!!!

I'm sorry but thats just how I feel right now about this team.

12. thesportingrogue

thesportingrogue New Member

Well color me disenchanted. Boro had averaged 12 shots per match over their last home four, but we conceded 20. They also enjoyed a 60/40 possession ratio. Our defense would have done a lot better if so many attacks hadn't got through midfield.

Our D is mediocre at best, we know this. So the best that we can hope for is to win the game in midfield. Boa was out, Claus was out. What does Cookie do? Does he pack the midfield? No, he goes 4-4-2 like we're at the Cottage with all our boys healthy.

13. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: Re: RE: Fulham @ Boro, Sunday 11/20/05

Who do you suggest he play? We are not what you call one of the deeper teams in the league.

14. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Fulham @ Boro, Sunday 11/20/05

N. Jensen got lazy and gave up the first goal due to his lack of awareness. I say sit him down and let Liam play the left.

Volzy I thought had a fairly solid game but did give them their last goal. He should of swung that ball out for a corner, but instead he let it go through right into the feet of the fat Eddy Murphy.

As for Zat Knight, screw him. He should be sitting on the bench with the reserves. Goma was good today but kept making up for Zats mistakes. Our offense was quite good today but if we score two goals, we should win. This hurt but it wasn't boro who were better, it was our defense that let us down.

Why, oh why, does Cookie insist on playing some of these guys. N. Jensen isn't up for it, Leggy was off the pace (but maybe not entirely his fault since he hasn't seen much first team action), Zat was crap, Radz can dribble and sometimes pass.

I still say COME ON YOU WHITES!!! But please Cookie, sort it out.

15. andyns

andyns New Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Fulham @ Boro, Sunday 11/20/05

My main concern is who he plays when we are healthy.
    Jensen has to be replaced by Rosenior. Radz has to be replaced by anybody.

Our best midfield is Boa-Diop-Jensen-Malbranque
    Jensen is sketchy, but hes the best of the worst. Malbranque might be marginally better in the centre, but he has to stay on the flank because we have nobody else that can go there.

Today a 4-3-3 might have been our only option, atleast it would've given HH a run. I don't blame Cookie for playing Knight and Leggy today, he had little choice, but he has to replace Jensen with Rosenior and Radz with Elrich, Pratley, Timlin, George Best, anybody. I don't understand how he plays when we are healthy.

What I envision is

Warner
    Rosenior-Goma-Boca-Volz
    Boa-Diop-Jensen-Malbranque
    John-Mcbride

Thats the best we can do right now.

16. ob

ob New Member

Re: RE: Fulham @ Boro, Sunday 11/20/05

Sorry about that. That was insensitive of me. Let's just say that if Zat Knight dropped an IQ point he'd need regular watering...