Fulham @ Bad Soap Opera FC

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by SteveM19, May 9, 2009.

1. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

It def had to be. They cut to MUTV as they were lifting the trophy. So that means them and/or sky had exclusive rights to the "ceremony". which is just silly.

And what was with the interview with Arsene in french?!?

2. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

According to my cable guide FSC has Spurs v ManU at Noon eastern and then Chelski Arsenal at 2.

3. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Nevermind my previous post, I was looking at Sat. Sun says TBD.

4. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

To end the debate of the goal here is proof the goal was onsides/offsides:

Having a look at the markings on the grass Nevland is WAY onsides:
    [​IMG]

Now, having a look at Kamara, the defender that went behind the keeper now keeps him ONSIDE:
    [​IMG]

I just want to make one note on Kamara's shot though. Think he was a bit too casual as he roofed it and that made me very nervous!

5. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

You and me both -- again, I swear when he hit it that I thought he launched it too high.

I was a wreck yesterday :banana: :banana:

6. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

And now you're not.

So could you restore an old tasteful avatar and dump those two 'partners'? {Not that there's anything wrong with ....}

Or must we suffer for another week!

7. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Excellent pics Mike, thanks. I must admit concerns of offside were taking some of the fun of the win away for me. Had no concerns about Kamara, but on my little computer screen and at the angle shown, Nevland looked well offside. Good officiating on that one and well done Nevland!

Come On Europe!

8. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

The disallowed goal drew the most questions where I was watching. The offsides was put to bed as soon as they showed the replay.

9. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Hope the new one works for you.

BTW, that man-boobs avatar has produced 6 out of 6 points.

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

glad to see the result. I wore the FulhamUSA original black tee-shirt to the venue for good luck. By the time the Toon fans were trudging out of the stadium, we were stuck in the mud after a torrential downpour. Better gig today, fantastic result on Saturday. We're almost there.

Thanks for the post reflecting the records we set yesterday, and for the picks, Mikey. Also for the articles and the one from ChiTom. It's good to be us right now!.

11. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Can't agree with you more here. I actually screamed at the TV "why!?!" then I saw it in the netting. Whew! Seeing the replay, it was a perfect shot to make sure the defender had no chance at it.

12. Bradical

Bradical Member

I share in everyone else's joy and pride with this little club that could. I can't believe the turn in fortune from a year ago (and the year before that). Very few injuries, just enough depth, superb goalkeeping, great chemistry and style. My only disappointment is that not enough people are taking notice, which will probably cost Roy the MOY award.. although he deserves it so much. Now let's go get a result vs. Everton - Europa League starts in July!

For some reason, the starting 11 we put on at St. James had a European feel to it - the Nevland-Kamara duo definitely brings something different. The FCS Super Sunday pub crew said that Kamara was playing well because he's "in a contract year," but I thought we signed him for 5 years in 2007... those ninnies.

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

14. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

thank you don

15. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

He's under contract (whether it's 4 or 5 years is unconfirmed):
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 256888.stm

Costigan (and crew) needs to be summarily beaten on sight.

16. Bradical

Bradical Member

LOL - preferably by the toothless guy in your avatar

17. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

I'll volunteer, although I suspect I'll be in line a while.

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

19. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

I think the FA You start charging a "Fee" for appealing against bookings and sending off's. the club would get the fee repaid if they won the case, it might make teams really think long and hard about making an appeal, as I understand it and correct me if im wrong but as it stands now it's a Nothing to lose situation so most clubs are appealing in the hope they can get the player off of the booking or red card.

If there was say a $20,000 fee for Bassongs sending off would Newcastle have really appealed????? I think not.

20. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

I'll I can say is Cha-Ching! Took the familia to The River aka Colorado River for a weekend cruising around on jet skis and actually made a little money on this one. The Harrah's Laughlin actually takes bets on the prem (of course they don't show the games :? ). I honestly thought the best we would do was get a point, but the money line was +250 for a FFC win so I put down a 20 and got a nice $50 bill. :banana:

The Geordies can cry all they want, but the bottom line is 34 points w/1 match to go and their pretty lucky to still have a chance at staying up. Newcastle and Boro in the Championship...priceless.