Fulham @ Bad Soap Opera FC

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by SteveM19, May 9, 2009.

1. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

As advertised, I am locked and loaded for this one. I got the heinous avatar working, I got the relegation mojo ready for the CarToon, let's get this party started :rock: !!!

The Toon and Boro don't kick off their stultifying 0-0 draw for two more days -- no one on either team can score, you heard it here first. We've won at St James before -- think Rennes would loan us Bocanegra just for this occasion? We looked excellent against Villa today -- I hope for a repeat performance next week!

No prediction yet.

2. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Yep, I think Fulham might turn'm over on Tyneside. Fulham can just enjoy it's football. They'll need to score so we can play like we want to.

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Who could guess Steve would post the match preview for this one?
    Tits!

4. TheOldBugger

TheOldBugger New Member

Minimum 2-0 to the Fulham on this one,no prisoners taken WE HAVE TO !!put these to the sword if :banana: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A EUROPEAN TOUR" :banana:
    got to keep the dream alive,and if it's us to send them down so be it,it's not personal geordies,just business :wink:

5. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

I understand we're suppose to be worried anytime we hit the road. Allow me to say that I'm not worried at all. 3 points even on the road is very possible next weekend. Newcastle are going down and may not return for awhile.

Hopefully AJ will be ready to go next week.

2-0 Fulham. (earliest I've offered a prediction this year)

Battle For Europa:

Newcastle vs Fulham

Everton vs West Ham

Spurs vs Man City

I like our chances versus Newcastle & I like Everton at home versus West Ham. Spurs & Man City...hmm...guess I'm hoping for a draw there. If we want to play in Europe next year (and I do...bring it on), we could wrap it up next week.

Fulham win puts us at 53 with one game left

West Ham Draw or Loss-48 or 49 points

Spurs & City Draw- 49 points

It could happen!

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Only four posts for an official match thread? :shock:

BUMP

Of course, it could be Steve's avatar-du-semane that's driving everyone away! :eye popping:

7. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

that's because it's already in the 'last two' thread.

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Perhaps, but this is the vehicle for lineup predictions and score predictions.

I expect the same strike pair, the same midfield, and the same defense. Add that to the same goalie, and it's ... uh ... no change.

Da Schwarz; John Paintsil [my lord], Brede [who will NOT be transferred this summer], Hughes [who might], The Alien [who should]; Zoltan [don't blame him for not being able to keep up with Young. the only person who can is Walcott], Cap'n Danny, Dickson the Great, Mr. Deuce; Joe the K, Tha Apple of GJ's eye.

I'm predicting 1-1 [goal to Dempsey].

9. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

We are on Setanta at 1000 -- probably on iraqgoals.com.

http://www.setanta.com/us/TV-Listings/

I say again -- Newcastle are not good enough of a team to have any momentum. Hell, WE should be the ones with the big Mo. Ask Martin O'Neill what kind of ball we are playing.

All hail the power of the heinous man-boobs and tattoo photo! When I first used it as an avatar before we played the Toon at home last October, we were in 18th place. That was largely due to the game in hand we had v. Man U and the Toon game being on a Sunday, but 18th place is 18th place. Once we whipped the CarToon from pillar to post, we went all the way to 10th, started a 9 game unbeaten run, and never really concerned ourselves with relegation the rest of the year.

Coincidence? I think not.

10. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Bring back to NUFC avatar, SteveM19!

FFC 2 - BarCodes 1

COYW!

11. BarryP

BarryP New Member

I am really unsure as to what we will see this weekend. Newcastle will be fighting for their priemership lives in front of a sold out crowd and Fulham is coming of a very fine display of football last weekend but that was at the Cottage. Everything about this just screams a draw to me. I would take a point but will probably feel a bit disappointed if we don't get the win.

12. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

2-1 Fulham. Mr May, Diomansy Kamara with 1, Nevland with the other. I'll be in the pub, solo, while Don plays some flowerchild convention or some such. COYW!! On to Europe!!

13. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

:3d smile: :banana: :lol:

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Can't believe it took me until this morning to remember, "The St. James Infirmary Blues" [with Betty Boop and Cab Calloway] It seems appropriate for the occasion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC43lpARDk0

enjoy [even if they censored the sexy bits with Betty that followed]

15. sullytex

sullytex Member

I have a funny feeling we will see a 1 - 1 draw and if he plays, this has Zamora written all over it (did I just type that?!). That could possibly leave us level on points with the Tot and WH going into the last weekend.

The Everton match could have all the Europa marbles riding on it. (I've already booked my ticket!).

16. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Hmm more squeaky bum time!

Honestly, this is in the bag. Newcastle won because of some terrible defending by Boro.

So unless PK,Pants, Hughes, Hangman et al crap the bed, I really can't see Toon even scoring.

Still no news on injuries?

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I got a pretty good sized blister on the inside of my thumb doing yard work yesterday, but I should be able to play 120 minutes on Saturday and Sunday. Thanks for asking, timmay!

18. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

5-0 us!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

19. jmh

jmh New Member

You could've said very similar things about Fulham after the draw at Derby and the loss to Sunderland. After the Great Escape we should know not to doubt a team that's playing with desperation and motivation.

I'm seeing a draw, with Newcastle equalizing late to salvage a vital point. 2-2 or maybe even 3-3; they need to win and will be throwing too many men forward for it to remain scoreless at either end IMO. (I think Roy should play fast strikers, i.e. Kamara and Nevland/Johnson, to best take advantage of Newcastle's desperation.)

20. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I haven't seen a lot of motivation out of the Barcodes -- they've quit in the Liverpool game, the Arsenal game, Spurs, Chelski, that's just since Super Shearer took over. Their defense has quit on several occasions this year. I'm just hoping Coloccini starts -- that's like going into the game with a 1-0 lead.