Fulham Away to Everton

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by SoCalJoe, Dec 11, 2013.

1. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Still encouraged by our renewed energy under Rene. Can't believe how professionals can just quit like they obviously had under Jol. Wish we hadn't conceded the late flurry to contribute to the somewhat deceiving score line. Not willing to concede any points to anyone anywhere at this point. Need to start getting some unexpected ones soon. Might as well start at home against Citeh, although they're raining goals onto sides with suspect defenses right now...like ours.

2. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

We're more energetic and more attacking, but the achilles heel remains the same. We gave up close to 60% possession and 20+ shots...again. And we lost...again. I get that it's Everton at Goodison, they're in very good form and no one really expected to take anything from this match. But our defense is a long way from where it needs to be and if it doesn't start improving, we're going to have a hard time beating the drop.

People can say the score line flattered Everton or that we were unlucky, but neither are really true. This w/e, three teams gave up 20 or more shots. Spurs did and lost 5-0. Aresnal did and lost 6-3. And we lost 4-1.

3. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

At 1-1, for a brief moment I believed Fulham could get a point. Then, uggghhhhhh.

I echo Ag's concerns re possession and shots conceded; this equals, in my mind as if we all couldn't see, a poor defensive posture at the moment (Brede, please come home! Brede, please come home!). From my perspective, Fulham's defense regularly fails to take the ball back from opposing offenses with an affirmative defensive structure, and thus, it leads to swollen totals of shots against. Any club that cedes exaggerated differentials in possession and many shots cannot survive without pouring in goals for (hooray for my football 101 knowledge!).

These days, watching Fulham makes me feel like Yoda in Empire: rest, I need. Rest.

COYW

4. JamieOliver

JamieOliver New Member

Hi from me to everyone in the forum :) Everton are too good now and this lost away was expected.
    The most important right now for team is to keep calm and beat teams around them in the standing!

5. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Welcome to the site Jamie!

6. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Yes, welcome Jamie, but please dont try to change our game day diets and eat healthy food

7. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard and COYW!!