Fulham at Preston North End

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by MicahMan, Aug 11, 2016.

1. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Fulham travels to Preston North End on Saturday. Jokanovic says everyone but Fredericks is healthy and available.

Preston came to the Championship just last year. We had a draw (during our dark managerless phase) and a win vs them last year although they still finished 11 points above us.

My hope is that we keep the same starting XI as we had against Newcastle, except for Tunnicliffe - it seemed like bad things happened almost every time he was around the ball. I suppose that Parker is the only other option for that spot. EDIT: And Woodrow too! I'd like to see him instead of Smith.

HatterDon and encorespanish like this.
  2. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

How about a 1-3-2-4 with Smith up top, Aluko, Cauley and Ayite behind him, McDonald and Cairney in front of the same back four as against Newcastle and either Button or Betts? Just cut Tunnicliffe out of the equation.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'd prefer Smith on the bench, ready to come on late in the match to put a little muscle on tired defenders. If he starts, we'll be too static up front. Woodrow is much better suited to running alone up front with two very attack-minded midfielders behind him. A 4-2-3-1 with The Two Aces and Cairney as the 3.

4. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Starting XI:
    Button
    Odoi, Kalas, Madal, Malone
    Parker, McDonald
    Cairney, Aluko, Ayite
    Smith

Subs: Joronen(?!), Stearman, Ream, Sessegon, Tunnicliffe, Christensen, Woodrow

Got the mid-fielder I wanted, but not the striker. Regardless, COYW!!

5. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

It had been 16 years since Fulham started the season 2-0. BTW, we won promotion that year. To match the start of that season we'll need to win 9 more in a row.

6. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Looks like another strong performance and we've scored from a corner in both matches. Who is this Fulham? I approve.

Looks like Matt Smith was much more involved this time. He had 2.5 x's the touches, won twice as many balls & took 8 shots with 1 goal. Guess we'll see how many cb pairings will be able to neutralize him like the Toon did, but if he can produce more showings like this than not, I'll get on the Smith bandwagon.

Got a kick out of seeing that Newcastle got dumped again, this time at home. Suck it, Geordies.

7. jumpkutz

Hmm. I've seen this somewhere before..... aluko leaps against pne.jpg pele leaping.gif

nevzter likes this.
  8. jumpkutz

9. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

10. Dynamo

Dynamo Member

Oh yeah, aren't they doing like a Fulham TV service or something of the sort?

Aside, really excited to see this team appears to be set to continue scoring goals, and with the addition of Jozabed it looks like we'll one of the league leading scorers again this year. Defense still a wait and see for me, but it looks to be trending up.

11. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Here is the Championship recap highlight show for this week

MicahMan likes this.