Fulham at Leeds

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by MicahMan, Aug 14, 2017.

1. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Fulham travels up to Leeds for a Tuesday night match (2:45 pm EDT, 11:45 am PDT). We'll have to face them without Cairney who was injured prior to the Reading match and Kalas serving his red card suspension. Leeds beat Bolton week 1 and drew with Preston week 2 although Preston played with just 10 men for 30+ minutes

We've had the same 1-1 score in our last four meetings with Leeds. Last season each home team found the equalizer in injury time. While a fifth draw in a row would set some kind of record, I'm looking for a win.

2. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

We need a win right now. A draw would be acceptable, given the circumstances, but we really need a W. I think we'll get it. We did well on the road last season and, with most of the same group back, we should do well again. Great job stealing a point at Reading, given THOSE circumstances. This bunch showed a lot of character and moxie last year, no reason to believe they can't replicate it this year. Their confidence can only be emboldened by Saturday's result, I think they'll show well tonight and bring home the three points, even without TC and Kalas. Don't be surprised to see Odoi back in there with Ream at CB. They proved up to the task and beyond at the Madjeski. If not for Button's heroics, Dennis may well have been MOTM. We need to start scoring more, like we know we're capable of. Wouldn't be surprised to see Piazon start either. He's earned it in my eyes, but Joka sees them every day, so we'll see.
    We're due for an offensive bust out, let's hope it's tonight.

encorespanish likes this.
  3. dtowndough

dtowndough Active Member

I think the 3 would be great today. Would love them to get the top and be able to ride out the season in the top 2 and avoid that playoff position. I still think FFC was the best team going into the playoffs last year.

nevzter likes this.
  4. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Missing Cairney and Kalas will cause a tough task to be answered by Fulham at Elland Road. I'm not optimistic for a result there.
    COYW

5. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Until Cairney is back it's hard to complain too much about a point on the road.

encorespanish, nevzter and MicahMan like this.
  6. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

On the plus side: We're on pace for an undefeated season!
    On the negative side: We're on pace to only get 46 points for the season

I'll follow Joe's lead and stay focused on the positive side of things.

nevzter likes this.
  7. nevzter

Another point - after the Reading match - is great. 3 in 3, though, it needs an uptick. Somebody needs to finish for the club b/c they can create the chances as demonstrated.

COYW

8. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

It appears Piazon has a broken leg from the tackle in today's match. This is terrible on a number of levels. For the team this is the loss of a player who really seemed like he was on the rise and was going to accomplish great things this year. On an individual level he's always just seemed like a good guy and this is really unfortunate for him. I hope he recovers fully and that this isn't something that throws off his career as a footballer.

One more reason to dislike Leeds fans who booed both Piazon and Ream after injuries. They are the bottom of the list for me. Even lower than Millwall

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/spor...ws/slavisa-jokanovic-fumes-over-ugly-13482515

encorespanish, SoCalJoe and nevzter like this.
  9. nevzter

Dirty Leeds. Didn't know Piazon's leg was broken.

It's not the first time, obviously, for Leeds. Now, I'm going to go watch "The Damned United."

tim likes this.
  10. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

Dammit I forgot about the match today.

Double dammit regarding Piazon.

11. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

After watching the brief highlights posted on the FUSA facebook page, I said there this match was screaming for Tom Cairney. Oodles of space in midfield in this one. Taylor made for his skill set. No need to hit the panic button at all, although losing Piazon is gonna hurt. Still time to get a striker if we've got the will to do it, but we should be scoring more with the guys we have. Still no goals from Johansen, Aluko, Ayite, Kebano and Sessegnon. Got to get these guys going.

nevzter likes this.
  12. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Highlights via the Leeds YouTube channel (thank you for posting the video Leeds - I still don't like you)

nevzter, encorespanish and SoCalJoe like this.