Fulham Alumni Report

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, Aug 9, 2008.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

His baby brother is having a nice rookie season just up the road from you, Doggie! Keep these coming!

2. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Leon Andreasen made a permanent move to Hannover in the Bundesliga and ended up with 11 appearances for the 96ers. Actually I don't know what their nickname is. Andreasen scored 2 goals and also scored in his latest appearance with the Danish National team in a 3-0 win over Albania in World Cup Qualifying. I liked what I saw from him in his first match or two with us, but he just never seemed to fit and I wish him well with Hannover.

3. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Andranik Teymourian was on loan to Barnsley for the past 3 months. He made 11 appearances during that time. He is now preparing for World Cup Qualifying as he has rejoined the Iranian National team. Teymourian is claiming his old boss Sam Allardyce (when he was with Bolton) with Blackburn, is interested in procuring his services. Let's hope that is true because I don't see a place for him in our squad and we got him for free, so if we can pawn him off to someone else for anything, that to me is a win.

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Andreasen's probably a guy Roy might have done something with.. too bad. Goes to show you; it's one thing to recruit talent, another to fit him into the team.
    Well, Roy made the decision and, mostly, his decisions have worked out well.

5. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I like the cut of your jib, 'dogg. Thanks!

6. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Adrian Leijer was on loan with relegated Norwich City. Leijer made 1 starts and had 3 substitute appearances for the Canaries. It will be interesting with our trip to Australia because I think Leijer's chance to prove he belongs will happen there. The article below has some interesting observations from young Adrian and I'm not sure I like the sound of some of the things he's saying. ie: "Premier League's a very high standard and, I suppose, I felt I fit in well at Championship level."

regardless, to me his chance to show his mettle will come in Australia unless Roy has already made the decision to move on without him.

7. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Joe Anderson, whom I've never heard of, returned from his loan to Woking in the Blue Square South. They were relegated and this Joe guy is back in the fold. Welcome back Joe!

8. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Adam Watts was on loan at Northampton Town and made 5 appearances. They were relegated and he didn't really make his mark and is back from his loan. His contract ends in the summer on 2010.

9. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Radz team Lierse in the Belgian 2nd Division is in the playoffs for promotion to the Belgian Top Division. Apparently the bottom 2 teams of the top division, and the top two teams of the 2nd division have a playoff (similar to group stage of champions league) where you play each other home and home. After the first 3 matches, Radz team is in 3rd place with only 2 of a possible 9. I don't know for sure, but I'm assuming 2 teams will make it. Their website is saying that Lierse will have to win all 3 of their remaning matches if they want to have a chance for promotion. On the season, Radz has 17 goals in 31 appearances. I made mention in the Gooch thread how poor marking in the Belgian First Division was, well you can only imagine what the 2nd division is like if Radz has 17 goals. Love the guy though, and good luck in the rest of the playoffs Tomasz.

10. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

LBM, or the Snake, made 27 appearances for West Ham this season, 13 of those in a starting role. There's been no question that his form has dipped since he left us to play for the Hammers, but his end of season form was better and he actually earned a recall to the Portugal side. I thought the timing of letting him go was right but I loved Boa and wish him luck with the Portuguese National Team, and hope he gets some playing time. Word has it that Burnley are interested in securing his services for next season.

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

He definitely impressed over the last month or so and, like you, I'm wishing him well. We haven't had a threat on the left since we sold him.

Great work on all this, doggie. Take a break; have a Kit-Kat!

12. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Alexei Smertin calls time on career

Reuters - Today, 21:30

MOSCOW - Former Russia captain and Chelsea midfielder Alexei Smertin has decided to hang up his boots after a 16-year professional career, the player said.

"I've retired. It's official now," the 34-year-old, who started his career with his home team Dynamo Barnaul in 1992, was quoted as saying by Russian media.

Siberian-born Smertin joined Chelsea from Girondins Bordeaux in August 2003, helping the west London club to the Premier League title in 2005. He also played for fellow Premier League sides Portsmouth, Charlton Athletic and Fulham.

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I know the Norwich fans were very pleased with him until his injury shut him down. By the time he got to us, he was just a leetle bit slow.

I wonder if he might get a job with Guus Hiddink. I know that the previous Russian manager starved him out of the squad.

14. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

He's currently a politician in Russia, serving as a (a type of) representative.

15. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

16. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

17. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Time to celebrate Megson's doom if he chooses to play Knightmare.

Radz has 17 goals in the Belgian 2nd division?? :shock: I didn't know there were any leagues in the world where it was illegal to have a goalie. The fact he has to play in the bushes in Belgium has to be a indictment on what Toronto FC would be willing to pay him.

Boa would be a good fit in Burnley, so hope the rumors are true for his sake.

18. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

19. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Not sure if there is an existing thread out there for stuff former Fulham players accomplish, so I'm starting this one since I couldn't find one (if there is one, let me know and I'll move this post over)

Okay, to the issue at hand, did anyone see Steve Sidwell's shot yesterday from nearly mid-field?! If not, here you go:

Also real classy that his first thought was to recognize one of their top players, Anthony Knockaert, who wasn't playing due to the sudden death of his father.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  20. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

enjoyed that match -- especially that bit

and early this morning, I enjoyed watching Dembele dominate the first half of the North London Derby.