Friendlies vs Morroco & Uruguay

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by SoCalJoe, May 31, 2022.

1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
    BarryWhite likes this.
  2. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see who starts tonight.

3. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I’m also curious as to how Berhalter will approach the next couple weeks. Striker? CB pairings? All toss ups at this moment.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

thought we looked very good.

I am SOOOOO sick of our announcers

I am also SOOOOOO sick of the non-stop chanting. I miss the swell in noise when we go into attack.

Oh, I thought we looked very good.

BarryWhite likes this.
  5. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

I thought we looked very good too Don. I’ve been a Tim Weah fan for a long time and when he is in form the man is a game changer.

6. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

I agree with the right honourable gentlemen from Texas and Indiana. And if anybody is still conflicted about who should be our starting keeper, well, I'd politely suggest you make an appointment with your optometrist...and right quick. Matt Turner has earned the job. Zack Steffen had ample to claim it, but hasn't. Is it possible he could he could play enough to realize his tremendous potential between now and October 20th? Sure. Will he? Here in race horse country we like to set odds on things. But I'm not going there on this one. Right now, for me, Matt Turner is between the sticks when we kickoff against either Ukraine or Wales on November 21st.
    I like Weah a lot too. He's an ''X" factor player. With players like him, I'm not at all concerned about the "lack of a pure striker" everybody, including Don's beloved announcers, keep harping on. When you've got more than one or two guys capable of bulging the net multiple times on any given night, that's harder to prepare for and defend. All we've really got to worry about is any more injuries, getting Weston McKennie fit by November 21st, and playing a lot better on the road. Only one of the next three are away, at Uruguay, on June 14th.

BarryWhite likes this.
  7. sacffc

sacffc Well-Known Member

After seeing how Uruguay handled Mexico (3-0), this should be a good test for USA.

jumpkutz and SoCalJoe like this.
  8. jumpkutz

Yep. The Uruguayans are whole nuther kettle of fish…even without Luis Suarez, Edinson Cavani and Diego Godin, among others. But they’ll all be there, won’t they?

9. jumpkutz

Wales in for the first time since 1958.

BarryWhite likes this.
  10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Interesting match with Uruguay yesterday. Thanks to our outstanding keeper and Uruguay's imitation of "the Gang that Couldn't Shoot Straight," we survived the first half. Even more interesting was that we spent the first 25 or so minutes without a left back -- at least one guarding his portion of the pitch. Against a decent side, we could have given up 3 goals in the first half -- and that's not counting the rare accurate shot that Johnson handled very well. The second half was much better.

The best thing about the match was watching McKinnie do his thing. If he's at full fitness when we get to Qatar, I think we might cause some trouble.

BarryWhite likes this.