Friday Nite Futbol: DC U @ Crew[R]

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by pettyfog, Apr 14, 2005.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Freddy the Prince is coming to Columbus... so naturally:

[​IMG]

{author's note: In this case MLS shouldnt mind the image link as it's promoting their product}

We get to have Futbol Friday instead of Soccer Satidday!

The "next Pele' against the "next Beckham"!

I'm looking forward to it and hope that Szetela is marking Adu.

Chris Wingert shut down Beasley when they were matched up, so it COULD be interesting

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: Friday Nite Futbol: DC U @ Crew

Should be a nice match tonight! I was supposed to go to the Fire's home opener tomorrow night, but things are not working out for that to happen. Looks like I will have to wait until the 27th to get my first Fire match in LIVE this season.

Have a nice time at the match Pettyfog!

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Well Danny DID end up 1v1 with Freddy a number of times and did quite well... it was only when Freddy got the ball in the center mid and took it straight up the throat of our D that he made anything really happen.

The Crew won 1 - 0 in one of those games that had only flashes of good and inspired play.

Like Fulham, Crew players, individually, look better than the team.

DONT let others tell you it was the DC "B' team.. more than half the regular starters started and they didnt in any way looked 'knackered'
    [/quote]

4. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I watched the first half last night and I thought the Crew were clearly the better team. DC still had quite a few of their regulars last night and for those DC fans making that excuse, I do not buy it.

Bottom line is that I think DC United is not as good as they were last season. The MLS is an improved league and it is nice to see ESPN2 carrying a Friday night match. Chicago Fire - New York Metrostars next Friday on ESPN2.