French to Launch Experiment on Keynesian Economic theory

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Sep 30, 2012.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Soccer-New French taxes will be "disastrous" for football

Football?!!!! I mean.. even for the most rabid soccer-freak, they're worried about French FOOTBALL?!!!!

I told you guys Keynsian tactics ALWAYS work short term. That's what they're hoping for, I assume. But they better make sure it's for only 18 months or less.
    because..
    And if it carries over contract talks...

"In ALL cases it WILL BE the club who will pay the taxes of the players."

And that means the ticket prices will 'necessarily skyrocket'

Geezz... I hope I dont have to explain the other effects, long term. You could look at California if you want a hint.

2. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Re: French to Launch Experiment on Keynesian Economic theor

I predict it will be short lived.....oh, wait, it is the FRENCH we're talking about here, isn't it? (See Zidane head butt statue thread).

3. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

You're a free-markets capitalist, right Fog? If they clubs are so stupid as to see that change and decide to adapt by paying all of the players' taxes instead, then as a business they deserve to fail. New, more efficient clubs will spring up and take their place....or will they? Does it even matter? It's just Ligue Ugh. I'm surprised the clubs pay any player's taxes. But like Jump said, we are talking about the French.

4. pettyfog

What world do you live in?
    Every employer pays ALL its employees' taxes on wages they earn with said employer. Where the hell do you get the money to pay your taxes. From magic beans?
    And all employees bargain for NET INCOME next time they get a chance. PERIOD. That's why raising taxes to combat inflation is just so much horseshit. Only works till next contract, whether it's commodity or wage, then it FUELS inflation.

The above is true no matter WHAT economic theory you use. The difference is 'whether you go for volume* or marginal profit**.'

* ie ...productivity = more tax transactions or payments
    ** percent of transaction = higher tax rate

Just to make it perfectly clear.. those clubs who 'pay the players' taxes' have signed contracts guaranteeing player's net income after taxes. What that really means is the player wage is infinitely variable, and the club prepares the tax returns for the player. ANd in case you still dont get it... it all trickles down to the price of tickets and merchandise.
    And then there's the pension funds, however they are set up.
    So you tell me just how efficient you can make a turnip.

5. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

The French have also raised taxes on cigarettes as a way to reduce their debt. That should definitely help some German businesses near the border.

As far as French football, Qatar will just raise the price of oil so PSG can pay their players more. Dont know what the other clubs will do, maybe some other oil sheeks or wealthy Chinese dudes will buy them up.

6. pettyfog

I've been thinking for some time on a new economic paradigm in which all governments, starting with the fed, are funded by self-taxation.
    Government employees having contributed nothing to the Gross Domestic Product should pay a penalty for that.

That means all government employees including elected more or less pay their own way. also all government expenditures are taxed at a rate resulting in self funding. With modern computer systems there has to be a way to make it work, right?
    Make just as much long term sense as monetarist {just print more currency}/Keynesian theory.

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Normally, I just shake my head at your unrelenting deslusion -- accompanied by the firm belief that you are absolutely correct and anyone who disagrees is an idiot. Normally. This time, I have to call you on it. Government employees at all levels contribute to the GDP. As a matter of fact, if you'll look at the current status of the economic recovery, the ONLY area that is lagging behind in demand is government and government employees. It is this very "reducing the size of government" that you guys are so proud of, that is holding the recovery back -- something, of course, that "conservatives" like you really want.

If I want a lecture on economics, I'd have better chance of getting an accurate assessment from an armadillo than I would from a neo-Conservative puppet. And, in terms of logic and reason, I'd stand a better chance listening to a rock than I would listening to you. You really don't understand how things work, do you?

Don't bother to answer; just continue to pretend that you are thinking and this thinking is "for yourself." Me? I'm going to read/talk about football.

Hi Matt!

8. pettyfog

I must have hit a nerve... You dont want me to reply because you cannot point to anything on how public employees contribute to the GDP other than "You didnt build that meme". Or you would have.. even I could stretch a case for that. Would be a fib, but I could do it.
    Tell me this:
    In just what area are public employees lagging compared to the private sector? Wages? nope, jobs added? nope.

Speaking of alternate worlds.
    lol

9. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

'Fog, Hatter's response to you has nothing to do with a 'you didn't build that" meme. I believe he's alluding to the factors that contribute to GDP:

Factors of GDP

Read more: Factors of GDP | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/info_8231439_factor ... z28LvyE5co

10. pettyfog

When I'm wrong, I'm wrong.. and say so
    Huh? So it gets counted twice? Or does that depend on whether GDP is accounted using thehttp://wps.prenhall.com/bp_casefair_eco ... index.html
    ] Expenditure[/url] vs Income approach?
    Not even made clear there
    Here's the pertinent part of your link:
    Which explains a lot. what exactly is it that they produce.. Directly or indirectly?

11. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I don't believe anything gets counted twice, but it's been awhile since my last macroeconomics class. I know the variables in equations change depending on the approach, but I believe all of them end up accounting for essentially the same things.

When in doubt always check to see what the wiki entry is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gross_domestic_product

And investopedia can be a pretty darn good resource to breaking economic ideas to their simplest form

http://www.investopedia.com/university/releases/gdp.asp