FREE AARON HUGHES!!

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by nmancini04, Dec 21, 2011.

1. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

That is all.

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

And how nice is it to have nmancini drop in to FUSA after all this time. That is all.

3. Clevelandmo

Oh and well stated nick

4. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

Senderos is not the problem. Even Hangeland looked average and it's because our fullbacks aren't that good. This is one decision that Jol has gotten right.

We need to start Briggs.

5. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Love the title of the thread. But I think I have to agree with Justin...our backs haven't been great this season. I have seen pretty poor marking consistently this season. I can't speak of the past couple of seasons, because I didn't really get to watch the team during that time period. All I saw were just highlights and the final score. Has anyone else noticed that the team's defensive performance suffer in quality this season? Is it down to Hughes and Hangeland not being paired together? Am I imagining things?

6. Clevelandmo

Senderos was pretty bad yesterday. Agree that Briggs would've been better than Riise v. Manure

7. tim

tim Active Member

Aaron Hughes

Am I the only one wondering why Aaron Hughes hasn't been getting more playing time? The Hughes-Hangeland pairing in the back has been, for me, one of the defining features of the club since Brede arrived four years ago.

Clearly Jol prefers Senderos and, on paper, he's probably a better player. But there's no doubt in my mind that the H&H pairing has proved more effective than what we're seeing now. I know there are a great number of contributing factors, but our slip in defensive form and Hughes' absence from the lineup can't be a coincedence. And if our recent performances don't call for a shake-up of the back line, I don't know what does.

Yes, he's 32, but he was still getting the job done, and is as solidly reliable a player as we have.

What do you guys think?

8. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Nope, Tim, you are not the only one. I merged the two topics together to perhaps keep the conversation going?

9. tim

tim Active Member

Ahh. My apologies. I missed this thread when it originally popped up. Nice to know I'm not alone.