? for U.K. TV watchers

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by rumstove, Oct 27, 2006.

1. rumstove

rumstove New Member

Here's the deal: for a while my local PBS station aired BBC shows including "The Office" (I think ChicagoTom mentioned this also and "Absolute Power" (which I think is one of the best shows ever made...they even made fun of Chelsea).

Anyways, while watching the shows I kinda developed a 'TV crush', if you will, for one actress that made appearances in both shows. After looking at IMDB.com I see she's more recently been in quite a few episodes of "Green Wing" and was also in "Open Wide" (some comedy/romance thing...not sure if it was for TV or a movie).

So, is "Green Wing" funny/good enough for me to try downloading the 2nd season (which with my connection will probably take a couple weeks hehe, but that's all I can find at the moment)? And what's "Open Wide"?

Many thanks.

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

BBC America showed a few episodes of "Green Wing," but in just looking at the website for BBCA, it looks as though they are not showing it any more. I watched one episode and did not think the show was all that great. However, I may not have given it much of a chance.

Which actress from "the Office" are you referring to?

3. rumstove

rumstove New Member

The actress is Sally Bretton. She was in, I think, 5 episodes of "The Office" as the character Donna. When she hooked up with Ricky Howard (played by Oliver Chris) I wanted to throw the remote at the TV. Sadly, from what I read, in "Green Wing" I guess her character (Kim Alabaster) hooks up with his character (Boyce) again. Curses!

Anyways, she was also a regular in "Absolute Power" (did I mention I like the show?) playing the character Cat Durnford.