Foggy, please remove, or send to anything goes board...

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by LBNo11, Jan 21, 2008.

1. LBNo11

LBNo11 Member

post no longer topical

2. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

RE: ...In response to TimmyG

Thanks for the comments LBNo11. I appreciate any response -- even if critical -- because then I know that at least people are actually reading.

But the crux of my argument is that all new managers thrown down the gauntlet shortly after they arrive. You can look at any new manager and see that happen. But Hodgson, for reasons you and I stated, hasn't. And I am finding it a bit unsettling as each match passes by.

And no, I dont expect clubs to pour in with calls for Baird, SK Hyeon, et al. But if the underperformers/overclassed players are availble at a cut rate, then any mediocre CCC or League 1 club will, theoretically, snatch them in a heartbeat. Its like when meat departments sells their back stock through specials. Yes, they lose money. But they lose less than letting it sit for longer before throwing it out.

And I agree with the lame title, but I couldn't think of anything better that got to the essence of the column.