FLOODGATES open? [R]

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by FFCinPCB, Oct 17, 2007.

1. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Switzerland 0 - 1 USA

We're off the duck in Europe. Now what?

SwitzerLAND today, EngLAND tomorrow!?!

2. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

I wasn't to happy with this performance until we scored the late winner. Now I feel much better. Given the squad we took, lots of guys getting their first caps, a win against a quality WC side is pretty good.

Oh and PCB come on now its not like we've never won in Europe. Just ask Tom we've done Polska a few times over there :3d laughing:

And why is England the top euro skin to be taken. What have they done lately?!?

3. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

I think us ever beating England would be more of a boost than beating Italy or Brazil. I know it would probably cause civil unrest and chaos in England. To be upset by some amatuers at a sport THEY invented.

4. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Agree, Spencer. Despite our amazing ownership of Team Polska, apparently we had never beaten a European side in their friendly confines. If memory serves correctly, Poland will never visit Germany to play us again.

5. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

I used EngLAND, in part, because BrazilLAND or ItalyLAND just didn't make much sense. And, because as quickdraw points out, the world will have completely turned upside down for many.

And after EngLAND, DeutschLAND!!!

6. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

...and then we're going to the SudetenLAND!! And then to FinLAND! And then we're headed to HolLAND! And then we're going to the SwaziLAND to win the world cup!!!! rrooooooaaaaaaarrrrraaaghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

ahem; something in a lozenge, perhaps?

8. Fern72

Fern72 Member

I agree on beating England, they think they are soooooo great. Most of them think of US players as second rate, but if they look at their league; its full of imports.

9. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Aah, a Howard Dean flashback. Makes me smile. I rather enjoyed his momentary adrenaline burst. Rather refreshing.

10. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Well I only got to watch the first half last night before I had to go off to church youth night.

What I saw I hated. It isnt that I hated the play of the US or SWI, because there was nothing there to hate. How can you play a game when nobody can stay on their feet because the pitch was in such bad shape.

It was horribly frustrating to watch - and I am sure it was worse to play. I love watching an attack develop, and right at the moment when it was about to come together - frrrrrrrrr.... someone falls on their arse.

Stupid.

11. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Your selling us short! Besides Kaiserlauten we also beat them back in 04 in a city which apparently goes by the name of Plock.

3/31/2004
    vs. Poland (1-0 W)
    at Plock, Poland

Friedel
    Vanney
    Berhalter
    Mastroeni (Bocanegra, 52)
    Cherundolo
    Klein (Sanneh, 74)
    Reyna (Capt.)
    Beasley - 1
    Mathis (Zavagnin, 85)
    Wolff (Convey, 46)
    Casey

I really don't think the English are cocky about their national team. They beat up on those guys constantly. If we ever do end up beating them in a World Cup my joy would not come from seeing the English suffer, we see that all the time poor buggers, but from seeing all the dumb ass Americans over here who don't support their own national team but support England. That said at this point I'd rather beat Italy than England in a meaningful game.

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

1950 World Cup, Belo Horizonte, Brazil; USA 1 England 0

13. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Couldnt agree more.

14. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Errr yeah should have phrased that one differently. Here I am lecturing about selling the US short and then I omit one of our greatest victories. dur dur duuurrrrrr