FK Vetra / HJK Helsinki

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by sullytex, Jul 19, 2009.

1. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

2. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

3-0. Zamora, Murph & Seol.

3. morry32

morry32 New Member

just wanted to thank those who text messaged me the results!

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

5. sullytex

sullytex Member

Taking off from work for the game. An hour and a half + quest (if I am lucky) on Buses, Trains, and Tubes and Feet. Won't get home till midnight.

My first game in MY SEAT! H6 Row Z Seat 142...here I come.

I will try to take a few pictures and post them.

COYW!

6. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

7. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Those were awesome.

"Fulham" tatooed across some guys shoulders. A "Viagara is for pussies" shirt. Bunches of beer-belleyed, balding, pasty white Englishmen. And Mike looking like a Fulham account executive.

Europe must be a blast!

8. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

I'm running a live blog over at CravenCottage.us today if anyone is interested. Like a chat room, just different. Gotta test out the system before the Premiership starts.

Whats nice about it is, I can have a scoreboard up and running, so you will know what is going on with all the Prem games while Fulham is on. I won't do a complete scoreboard today though as there are too many Europa games to keep up with.

9. sullytex

sullytex Member

At the lion....pissing rain. Will be a very wet pitch.

10. jmh

jmh New Member

Is there going to be audio for this match? ~15 minutes before kickoff and nothing about it on the club website.

Edit: Ah, there it is.

11. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

It's up now.

12. Lyle

Lyle New Member

We won.

13. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Sounds like Dempsey and Eddie Johnson have been involved in the last couple goals.

14. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Etuhu in the 54th i think it was, and AJ in the 80th and 84th. Edward Johnson assisted AJ's second goal.

15. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

let me also say this about Roy and one of the reasons I love that man. Obviously we are a much better squad then Vetra, but let me point out why Roy is such a good manager. I didn't see the first match but with all three goals in the 2nd half of that one as well, I imagine it was very similar. What was Roy's biggest thing he preached when he first came in as manager last year? 5 gold stars to whoever answers correctly. Too late, I'll answer it. He preaches keeping your shape, and if I remember correctly, the team largely worked on keeping their shape a lot when he first took over. Now back to today's match. Vetra played 10 men behind the ball the entire first half, and for a large part of the 2nd half. They did a great job of keeping their shape for probably 65 minutes of the match. Even though we got the first goal, it was still hard to break them down through 65 minutes, maybe 70. However, from that point on we repeatedly caught them out of position and took full advantage with two more goals. Then think about our defensive prowess since Roy took over and how good we've been on that end and I have to give Roy full credit for the job he's done in making us difficult to bring down because of our shape. I even recall a Dempsey interview towards the end of the year last year where he talked several times about keeping our shape and covering for Pantsil at times when he makes forward runs and what not. Anyways, just some random jarble from me. Like what I see from Riise. The kid has good start and stop ability. Looking forward to seeing more of him this year. And Edward...oh Edward....nice set up. Maybe he is Bobby's back up this year. Keep it goin lads

16. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Fulham Football Club, the hulking juggernaut of Europa!

17. sullytex

sullytex Member

On the train on my way home. Miserable weather, great result. Could have been 5 nil easy. Doing this NY blackberry.

Solid game by all. They really never threatened. Have a few snap shots from the game. I will try to past over the next couple of days.

Not much else to say other than I am a bit soaked and tired. Oh yeah, no beer at the game. What US up with that?

18. sullytex

sullytex Member

My Blackberry auto word select sucks

19. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Onward and upward, COYW!

And to EJ...dddaaammmnnn GGGiiinnnaaa!!!

:banana:

20. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Fantastic pics. Thanks so much for posting them. Mike you do full justice to the Fulham management attire and that Ollie is the cutest little boy I've ever seen. Who is he?