Firefox Extensions

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by americanmike, Jul 7, 2006.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I know some of you cool people here are using firefox to browse the web and now that I'm on the bandwagon, could you boys/girls recommend any add-ons or extensions for it?

:banana:

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I'm not a huge fan of the extensions, but the videodownloader is good. And I love playing around with the themes...my fave is Silver Skin.

3. martin

martin New Member

I use AdBlock and NoScript. AdBlock blocks images and stuff based on keywords or domains. It is great for eliminating annoying banners and Flash ads. NoScript gives you the ability to selectively allow Javascript based on domains. Again, it's good for eliminating stuff like floating ads, tickers, and other annoyances. Both take a little time to get the preferences set, but it is worth it to me. I like to keep my web surfing streamlined!

4. rumstove

rumstove New Member

Click here for a list of extensions that my brother likes...he's a big fan of FireFox. His list a little old now (written a year ago), but it's still good.

Some other fun extensions:

DownThemAll: downloads all the files from a page. For example if a band has a page with 10 mp3s, you can download them all with one click.

bloglines toolkit: good extension if you use RSS.

sessionsaver: remembers all the tabs you had open the next time you run/open FireFox...basically the same thing Opera does/can do.

answers.com extension: lets you easily look up words on answers.com

5. krhimself

krhimself New Member

I have FootieFox on my browser. It's like a live scoreboard for all soccer matches, domestic or international.