FIFA 07

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Spencer, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

The first game I thought it was sluggish, than by the 2nd I loved it. I've got Fulham at midtable in the manger mode right now.

The main improvement is the use of real currency, you can choose between $$$, pounds, or euros. I've found that the fiancee restrictions are much more restricting and realistic. I stretched the budget by resigning Bullard long term and bringing in any players was out of the question. So in this sense its very realistic.

As usual the manager mode is untouchable, they've added the Turkish league this year, and some will object to the game play. I find it more and more like WE every year. The build up required to score a goal in 07 is much greater. Its also much harder to score a goal off a cross or corner which makes it more realistic.

2. WonsanUnited

WonsanUnited New Member

I'm getting it for my birthday! The graphics look nice and they finally added the Turkish Superleague!

3. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Try playing as Juve, you get a great squad in an easy division!!!!

4. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

I might rent it to see how it plays, but nothing compares to the WE series. Smooth game play and their "master league" mode is polished.

5. Jux

Jux New Member

Can you still increase the budget by improving the grounds (along with sponsorships and ticket sales)? That’s what I did with Torquey United in last year’s game. I was able to take them from worst to "Champions League" by building the talent and coaching staff through an increasing budget. It was a challenge, but quite enjoyable.

Granted, it wasn’t as fun as beating Chelsea several times with my Fulham franchise, but it was close. 8)

6. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

yeah same, its just that its all in real currency now. Another addition is your youth academy. The top pupils are presented to you and you can chosse to sign them or not.

7. Jux

Jux New Member

Excellent! Now the game just needs reserve game matches to build stats for guys that aren’t on the active squad (like the inclusion of the AHL teams in the NHL2K series). You can’t play the minor league games in NHL2K, but you can do all of the roster management tasks to improve talent and happiness. It might help a little with morale issues once you have your starting XI set.

8. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Agreed, one thing you learn playing FIFA is just how hard it is to justify giving someone like Runstrom and leave another striker on the bench or not on the roster at all. It'd be great to be able to manage the reserves.

9. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

RE: Re: FIFA 07

I need to decide if I want this game for Xbox 360 or Xbox. The 360 has better graphics but the features are not as good and the Xbox version has more features but not as good graphics.

10. fulham_local_21

fulham_local_21 New Member

i love this game, i started my manger mode with fulham won everything on semi pro difficulty, then cause newcastle got relegated i decided to be them, and when you have Owen and Martins in the championship its not tht easy if you have it on world class. i also brought routledge and Rosenior.
    once i get newcastle promoted im gonna move to the MLS.

11. ADAM4FULHAM

ADAM4FULHAM New Member

i love the game it is wikedy whack ahahaha as u wuld expect a 11 year old to say about a video ga,e!

12. Jux

Jux New Member

Just picked up the game yesterday. I really enjoy the improvements made from the 06 version. I did have one question about the transfer window though. In last year’s game, you could open a search wizard to look around “the world” for new talent by surname, league, position, whether they were transfer list, etc. This year, it seems like you can only search by surname. Granted, I didn’t have much time to check it out. Did I miss something?

13. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

Anyone getting this game for the 360?

14. jmh

jmh New Member

Aw man, I totally don't have time to start playing this, and yet I *know* I'm going to buy it and start playing it anyway. Anyone have it for PS2?

15. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

I mean...i took Sheffield Wednesday to the Premiership with Hercules Gomez as my top striker!!! hahahah

16. MiaFFCmi

MiaFFCmi New Member

I'll be getting this for the PC today.

I loved '06, althought the manager mode had a little "loop hole" hopefully they fixed it in '07.

In '06 you could, after upgrading your negotiator to at least a level 7, resign your players for 1/2 their salary. Do that over and over and in two seasons you have a team of stars all playing for $50.00 instead of $450.00. I would eventually upgrade all my office staff to level 10's have a roster full of stars making $50.00 ( i.e. rooney / ronaldo / ronaldinho etc...) and clearing 3k for away games and 6k for home.

17. Jux

Jux New Member

That reminds me of the trading engine in the franchise mode of Madden where you could keep trading up draft picks through the season and end up with at least three first round picks.

I will say, the budget engine is more difficult. I spent the first season of Fulham trying to upgrade the stadium/cashflow and barely made a profit through the season. The problem came the following season when the board demanded that I have 11 million in the bank at all times. Needless to say, I have to loan/sell several members of the squad to keep things going! I like the challenge though.

18. Jacob

Jacob New Member

I love this game for Xbox and won't be buying it for my 360 because of the horrible reviews I've read. I'm trying to unlock the Master difficulty because World Class is too easy IMO. I played with Fulham when I first got the game and took them to the Champions League.

Now I reformed Wimbledon FC and I'm taking them up from League 2. I put a restriction on players when I formed, no one over 55 in over all stats to be competitive. It's a lot of fun.

Do any of you play on xbox live? My gamertag is Jacobh25. Add me as a friend or send me a message if you want to set up a friendly :)

19. JMF

JMF New Member

I have this game for XBOX360. If anyone wants to play, my gamertag is JFisher5

20. Jacob

Jacob New Member

Do you have it for regular xbox as well? If not I'll play you when 08 comes out :)