FFC v. Spuds [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, Nov 11, 2008.

1. TheOldBugger

TheOldBugger New Member

Which is fantasic for us,getting three points when most of us would have really settled for one is a telling result on how much the team has improved under Woy!!

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

just saw the highlights of the match on EPL Review show. When you see the replay of the 2nd goal, notice how much more quickly Johnson moves than anyone else in the frame. It's that lethal quickness in the box that makes the difference between the top strikers and the alsorans. Michael Owen has it. Robbie Keane has it. Gary Linekar had it. Andrew Johnson has it also, and that's a very good thing.

3. FulhamWisconsin

FulhamWisconsin New Member

Wow, I just saw the results and highlights recently. So much for the newly invinceible Spurs, I guess! Great show from Fulham. So now we've beaten Tottenham and Arsenal. If we can pull it off against the pretenders on the bad side of Fulham, does that make us the best club in London? I know we lost to West Ham earlier, but I'm sure we can beat them next time round. Hell, they don't have a sponsor. Either way, 9th place looks pretty damn good. I saw an article recently, I think on ESPN Soccernet that mentioned the possibility of the Whites taking a spot in Europe. Holy sh*t! If it were a fan saying that, I'd say they were crazy, but some sportswriter actually thinks we have a shot at Europe! That would be a-freakin-mazing. I'm sick of no one in my school knowing who Fulham are. Is Liverpool our next scalp? I hope so.

4. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

5. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

I'm not sure which Dempsey moment I liked better:
    1) his cut back followed by the screaming shot with his LEFT foot
    2) his nutmeg of the Spuds leftback followed by a beautiful cross into the box

Go Dempsey! COYW!!

6. jmh

jmh New Member

I like the cutback only because on that one he beat TWO defenders. :D

7. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

I personally thought the nutmeg was more impressive. Dempsey is known for putting on a show when he faces defenders, but when he turned and knew exactly where his defender was and how he would react... stunning.

He is making it difficult for Woy to drop him.

8. fulhamvt

fulhamvt New Member

anyone have a link to the highlight of the dempsey's nutmeg, i saw the shot and that was great especially since dempsy is not left footed and generally does not do anything with it. I know he had taken some critisism of his shooting in general, but it looks to me like he has been practicing.

9. ohio4fulham

ohio4fulham New Member

I watched the match on Saturday but unfortunately couldn't get online to comment until now (as our laptop is fritzing).

The team gave an absolutely fantastic account of themselves and did every Fulham fan proud. On Super Sunday Plus, Even Keith Costigan had something good to say about the Whites.

Dempsey was fantastic. The difference in how easily Fulham got the ball forward was evident to everyone and I think that he went a LONG way to releiving some of the stress the Bullard and Murphy were carrying before when Gera was on the left and Davies was on the right. He did his tricks, but played hard and his contributions were invaluable

Hangeland is turning into quite the rock. He played fantastically. Not much else you can say.

AJ and Zamora are, as everyone is saying, pairing up really nicely now that they've had a few games in a row to play with each other. Zamora is a pretty unsung hero but has been a heavy contributor to AJ's great run of form.

Overall I was thrilled with the team's performance and hope that we can carry that forward, regardless of what happens away to Liverpool. COYW!!!

10. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Same here. Will be a tough match against the Red away, but as long as the score is tight we will save up some much needed goal dif points. Crazy point spread (lack there of) at the bottom of the table right now.

11. EricD

EricD New Member

I wore my FFC hat to my game yesterday, and the biggest Spurs fan I have ever met told me that I am no longer invited to his house. I wore the hat specifically for him anyway. He is an Englishman (a very good keeper too) and he is extremely passionate about his Spurs (always wears the hat as well as the matching tattoos he and his wife had burnt into them). He even wrote 'Plonker!' through the dust on the hood of my car.

Great win. It is amazing to see Fulham sitting at 9. By the way, the Spurs fan will never ban me from his home. He invited me over to watch the game Saturday, but I had to coach the little guys. I am sure he would have been bummed to have me over to rub that one in. His best friend from home (also plays in the Sunday League) is a Scouser, so he will always have rivalry issues.

12. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Good story Eric, here's to putting a dent in his best friend's title chase with a result at Anfield.

13. EricD

EricD New Member

Thanks Joe. Things got a little busier at the home. We had another son two weeks ago.

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

As they say here in South Texas, mazeltov!

15. ohio4fulham

ohio4fulham New Member

Tottenham have the players to be successful, but the thing that really looked like it seperated the sides was heart. Fulham just played like they wanted it, while Tottenham looked like they expected to take the points just because they'd fielded quality players.
    Gotta love heart!

16. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Someone has been using the SoccerWave™....

[​IMG]

17. EricD

EricD New Member

Thanks Don. Do they ever put a y'all on the end of that?

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

all the doo-dah day, Eric!

19. EricD

EricD New Member

Thanks again. He is a little guy. He was 7 weeks premature. He is currently in the neonatal ICU, but we are not worried. We went through this with our first son (Joey) a year and a half ago. Joey was 6 weeks early, and he is doing well. You would never know. I have all the faith in the world with the doctors and nurses at the hospital given the great outcome with Joey. Son number 2 is named Marco.

20. TheOldBugger

TheOldBugger New Member

God bless your new little guy and i hope he's home safe very soon!