FFC v. Spuds [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, Nov 11, 2008.

1. jmh

jmh New Member

2. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

6:45 PM on Setanta according to their web-page. Not live of course.

3. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

oops, thanks JMH, it is on Xtra live.

4. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

5. jmh

jmh New Member

Lots of TV coverage in our future - this game on Xtra, the game at Liverpool live on Setanta, the game at Villa live on Xtra, and the game against City on 12/6 an early start live on Sky (which usually means FSC). After that probably nothing for Stoke and Boro, early start on Boxing Day at Spurs may be covered (though Chelsea and ManU both on at the same time), and Chelsea on the 28th (wow, that packed holiday calendar is a bitch) I have to figure will also be live.

6. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Any words on an internet live TV feed for us reeloaders?

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

8. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

I really don't feel very good about this one, but Arry's due for a letdown and our home form has been good. So pencil me in for a 1-1 draw. COYW! See ya'll in the chatroom.

9. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

3 in a row!? Seems unlikely but I think we can pull it off. We've been playing well going back to Portsmouth and AJ seems to have found some of the magic.

Fulham 3-1 Tottenham

10. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Redknapp has Spurs playing some pretty amazing football, but I am hopeful that Fulham can earn a point if not three in this match.

Also... just wanted to mention how stoked I am to see Dempsey get the nod to start. Well done Deuce, now go out there and get us a match winner.

11. Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln

Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln New Member

Not only is Deuce starting, he's playing extremely well right now.

Beginning to wonder if RH was issuing Dempsey a challenge in this first part of the season. Almost as if he was asking Deuce the following:

"I know you can work and at times you play well. But can you deliver the goods all the time?"

I think Dempsey has all too often played down to the level of the team. He's generally relied on others to influence matches rather than try to make an impact himself. He's far better than that. Hodgson knows it. And I think Deuce now understands that he must play at a consistent and high level in order to get the playing time.

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Deuce had a nice match today. It was nice of Roy to sub him off in the last three minutes so that the supporters could give him the applause he deserved.

13. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

I think you hit the nail right on the head HDL. Most encouraging is that our Texan doesn't seem to be shying away, but rather up to the fight and raising his game.

About the result.... :banana: :banana: :banana: Great all around team performance!!

14. jmh

jmh New Member

Great game by Deuce; I have to figure he earned himself another start. Hangeland was massive once again.

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

"Hangeland wins the ball to break up Spurs attack." The only phrase repeated more often in London today was "Mind the gap" at Marble Arch station!

16. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Now, this perspective is that of someone who had to hit the refresh button on the offal's match update and rely on the chat room for the entire first half, and I made it to the fine local establishment at about the 53rd minute, so my view is a little blinkered, but...

...we kicked their asses six ways to Sunday.

Hangeland killed everything they dared to throw into the box (yeah, so what, they scored a cheapie, I didn't see one iota of a letdown in poise or intensity). MOTM for me.

As much as I could I tried to watch Murphy off the ball today, and see him and the other midfielders work at cutting down passing lanes. Poor Bentley (ha-ha) and Jenas didn't know what to do.

Woy, thank you for starting Deuce! He was a man possessed. I don't know what Woy is saying to him behind closed doors but that kind of fury merits applause and another start against the 'Pool next week. Great to see standing Os for Bully and Dempsey. For a while I thought Woy was going to reenact the no subs policy! :lol: It's OK when you win, I guess.

Both strikers look like they are on line with each other, and had excellent games. I'm sure Zamora will let the one header run wild in his sleep tonight :x Gereat goal Andy! A poacher's delight!

A mark (bad pun, sorry) of a good GK is being able to make a crucial save after 60-65 minutes of boredom, Schwartzer really did that again. Nothing he could do about the goal, that was too bad b/c everyone wanted a shutout, but I thought everyone on the D line was solid as a rock today. Especially Hughes, who I did not notice again until the end of the game.

Gomes...

Maybe I'm getting soft in my old age but I actually feel bad for him. I was a GK and may have blundered once or twice in my day. That said, it's great it happened against us! He'll be out of their net by the Jan. window.

17. jmh

jmh New Member

Oh right, forgot to mention that Bullard had three or four scorching free kicks that forced difficult saves from Gomes. As much blame as Gomes might get for spilling our first goal (called "farcical" by Harry Redknapp in the postmatch interview), he deserves just as much credit for not letting it get to 3-0 or 3-1.

18. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Yes, thanks for saying, it looks like Bully has his free kick mojo back. He was outstanding today. I didn't see a weak link in the whole team today

19. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

The person who can find out what Hodgson and 'arry's assistant were jabber jawing about, as they were walking off the field at the end of the game, I would give you a HUGE 'atta boy or 'atta girl! It didn't seem friendly. The guy I am referring to was the guy who just left Portsmouth where he was 'arry assistant as well. 'arry was saying something as well and he did not seem too pleased. Probably just pissed off in general having lost to a lesser side but I would have loved to been a dew drop on the grass beneath their feet for a few seconds.

20. BarryP

BarryP New Member

We are Fulham and We are Quality!