FFC v. Liverpool [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by SteveM19, Mar 24, 2009.

1. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Re: Liverpool

That was Konchesky, again. He has a habit of mental lapses late in games, Hull comes to mind. I'll bet if you pull the tape on games in which we've conceded late to lose or draw, he's been the culprit on almost all of them.

Agree with pretty much everything else John and others have said. MOM was the post. Mike and the boys are probably down hammering out the dents today. Thought Dempsey looked fresher than expected. Maybe was conserving in the T&T match?

Re: Schwarzer, Actim has him 5th best GK in the Prem, and 23rd player overall.
    http://actimindex.wordpress.com/premier-league-actim-index/latest-index-premier-league/

On to the next match.

2. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

RE: Re: Liverpool

I was in the press box so not singing my heart out in my normal seat but have already put on other boards how impressed I was with the Hammersmith End. The loudest I heard it when I haven't been it it.

It seems 'country roads' is becoming a real Fulham anthem.

3. jmh

jmh New Member

Six substitutions take up a significant amount of time.

4. Flamingcokecans

Flamingcokecans New Member

Re: Liverpool

My high school soccer coach said that the first and last 2 minutes of any half of play are the most dangerous minutes of a game. I feel the pain of watching a late goal spoil your outing, but it should be understood that the thoughts that "we held them the entire game, we should have been able to hold them off for 4 more minutes" are not rational. In my econ studies (I am actually taking a course called "Sports Economics" - which is totally awesome), similar events can be understood, if not expected. These minutes have the natural incentive to go "all in," especially for a top position battling Liverpool. The first 2 minutes allow gutsy play because you can catch the team sluggish and not yet into the game, also a counter attack that puts your opponent up is only a minor ding with a full 90 or 45 minutes left to play. A goal in the last two minutes has huge incentive because even though a counter attack could prove deadly, so would a goal for your own team..... likewise.... the counter attack is less likely considering the time left on the clock. Basically, Liverpool gained practically nothing by a tie and lost almost nothing if they lost.... so they became super aggressive. I understand the sting, but you should still be proud that we held them to the point that the goal mattered as much as it did and wasn't just the 4th or 5th goal.