FFC U-21s and 18s

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Eloc, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Eloc

Eloc New Member

Fpgiven the buzz about this Roberts kinda and mussa dembele 2.0 I'd like to watch some of their games. Anybody know where i can find the videos online?

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

The best place to see highlights is on the offal (fulhamfc.com), click on media centre and you'll see the U18 & U21 tab which has video.

3. Masterhaynes

Masterhaynes Member

I've watched a number of the youth games this season, Dembele is like a mini Drogba, physically imposing fast and a demon shot. Roberts is an out an out winger, fast and very good at taking on and beating players on either side, very difficult to dispossess with a terrifc shot. He has played wide and through the centre this season.
    Because of his talent Wigley gives him a really hard time from the touchline which I feel is sometimes too harsh and over critical and on occasion, threatens to take him off, this clearly upsets Roberts and often has the opposite effect than Wigley was hoping for.

One question I have on the digital extra football channels, I just got back from 3 weeks in the USA tried to watch the Fulham games on Bright House which were advertised as live on the digital channela 1839-43 kept being told to press the yellow button to try again never got to watch a live game. Is the only live game the one shown on the main NBC channel?

4. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

On a typical week NBS Sports will show two live matches and the main NBC channel will show a one live match.

5. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Question Masterhaynes, have you heard of Luca de la Torre? He is an American U17 national player who is reportedly with Fulham, but I see no evidence of him on the website. In the Nike International Friendlies currently taking place, he has had two good games as an attacking MF against Portugal and England. Today he and the US U17s play Brazil.

6. Masterhaynes

Masterhaynes Member

Apologies for slowness in response have been up to my neck catching up at work after my holiday.

I believe he came over and had a trial but haven't heard or seen anything of him. He has not figured in the U18s squad even as an unnamed triallist. Would he be to old for the U16's(16th birthday before Sept 2103)? the U16 and U14 teams often play their games on the pitch that runs alongside the U18's pitch kicking off 30 minutes earlier so get to watch the younger players for a bit. I'll ask around next time against Arsenal U18 4th jan in the league, hoping the KO is between 11-11.45am I can then watch most' if not all the game then before catching a train to the cottage to watch us play Norwich in the FA cup.

Emersen has been missing for a number of games recently we could do with him back from international duty as we have atough run of games in the new year including Arsenal in the cup. Arsenal don't tend to put out their strongest team often in league games but wheel them all out for cups matches, will be a tough game need our strongest team.

7. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

I believe Luca is currently 15 and would be eligible to play with the U-16's.

8. Masterhaynes

Masterhaynes Member

Ok I'll take a closer look the next time the under 16's are playing and let you have an update