FFC Summer 2009 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Lyle, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmh

jmh New Member

I mentioned Downing during the game chat on Saturday. I'd love to have him on Fulham, injury-prone nature and all, but realistically a quick young wing who's naturally left-footed and has already played for England a bunch of times will probably have managers with bigger budgets after him. I could especially see SAF interested him if Ryan Giggs decides to hang up the boots this summer.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Downing is leaving anyhow; that was pretty much a given. Boro is too small a club to advance his England ambitions. So are we. If he goes to London it'll be for the other black and white side.

3. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Fulham Women's Team? Wasn't aware of any other black and white sides in London; am I missing something?

4. jmh

jmh New Member

Maybe he meant Fisher Athletic?

[​IMG]

5. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

oh i love the Fish!

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I was speaking of the black and white London side whose socks make them look like Lollypop Guild Hotspur.

Back to 'boro, I'd like us to make a move for Wheater. He's a natural backup for Hangeland -- tall, rugged, tough, hard to beat in the air. He just about singlehandedly shut down our attack last season [back when 'boro still had a team].

7. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

What about Boro's Braveheart (Tuncay)? Maybe he's not for us, even if Woy makes changes up front, but he's someone who I would like to see in the Prem again. Holy smokes, was his goal against Villa last week something to see.

8. jmh

jmh New Member

Except that they're blue and white. :D

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

For the moment, perhaps. Regardless of how much they've tarted up their kit over the years, Spurs have traditionally been black and white.

Note: Fog, once the window actually opens, are you going to lock this and begin a new thread?

10. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Let's get him! On a sidenote, even better than the finish in that clip to me, is the guys reaction to Downing shooting instead of playing it back to him. The guy has a tizzy then all of the sudden Tuncay scores. Too bad we can't see his reaction when the goal goes in. What a goat!

11. Lyle

Lyle New Member

I like Paul Scharner and he'd be great for Fulham I think. He's a character just like Volz is too.

12. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Apparently Onyewu might be going to Wolverhampton. I definitely don't see him playing at Arsenal. If Senderos can't cut it, Onyewu probably want cut it either.

13. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Wheater has publicly said he's going to stay at Boro even if they go down. Wheater would be a good backup at CB though. He might even be better on set pieces than Hangeland. Wonder if Schwarzer likes playing with him though?

14. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

It looks like a negative on Gooch to Wolves.

15. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Tevez is available . . . just saying. I know there is baggage but he's an awesome player.

Is he really as short as advertised? That would make him shorter than AJ

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

He's available to any team that has 22m quid to sign him and the 100k quid a week to pay him. Why don't we just sign Spiderman and Iron Man and the Green Lantern? That's much more realistic.

17. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

What, did Legion of Doom F.C. win promotion this year?

18. bostoncottage

bostoncottage New Member

I saw some speculation of Gooch to Fulham on fulhamweb.com today. I don't know, seems like a long shot to me. After his stint at Newcastle, he may need to prove himself with low to midtable club, not a team on the doorstep of European play. HA! That was fun to say. :D

19. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I don't think his Newcastle stint has hurt him nearly so much as his torturing of both Everton's and Liverpool's attach in Europe this season. Those matches were televised in GB, and he acquitted himself well. He's also gotten over his penchant for yellows this season. Add to that, he's a Bosman free transfer.

It IS fun to say that ... and to read it.

20. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Well, Gooch has more European experience than anybody on Fulham probably, excepting Hodgson. I'd be glad to have him at Fulham. Other than Hangeland there no other tall centre backs on the team. Hughes is under six feet and Baird is maybe six feet.

Standard Liege had a pretty good European season this past year as well.