FFC Summer 2009 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Lyle, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

also being linked to some Liverpool youngster whose contract expires soon. Gary MacKay-Steven

2. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Apparently this Edin Dzeko is not a secret -- Arsenal, among others, is rumored to be in for him too.

3. jmh

jmh New Member

There could be more playing time for a third (maybe even a fourth) central midfielder if Fulham were to qualify for the Europa League, and given that Murphy isn't a kid anymore. Maybe that, plus the fact that Roy is the Pied Piper of Scandinavian Soccer Players, would be enough to keep Andreasen on board next season. He's pretty decent when it comes down to it, and I don't think it's a stretch to say that if he were with the club right now he'd be, at least, a better option in the middle than Dacourt or Andranik.

4. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Wasn't the issue with Andreasen his family and them not liking London or something like that?

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I think it was more an issue of not playing.

6. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Darlington youth boss Craig Liddle has revealed Fulham are considering a move for striker Curtis Main after a successful trial.

The 16-year-old has had a promising first season with the troubled League Two club and Roy Hodgson invited the player to Craven Cottage last week to assess his potential.

7. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Fulham boss Roy Hodgson is ready to snap up striker Oli Johnson from cash-strapped Stockport County.

Johnson, 21, has been a regular scorer for the League One outfit, who are in administration and open to offers for their young squad.

8. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

I know Don and some others have been asking for a left back. I haven't thought about who much but just saw this.

Martin O’Neill won’t be taking any action against Nicky Shorey – despite the full-back swearing at him as he was substituted on 64 minutes.

O’Neill said: “I genuinely didn’t see that. He was obviously disappointed when he was taken off but it was taking up our time, that’s all.

What about Shorey? Didn't he used to play for Reading? I believe he's a left back but I may be mistaken. I know Gareth Bale is another one that is brought up a lot.

9. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Shorey is a LB, but I doubt he leaves Aston Villa over the incident with O'Neill. O'Neill's substitution was "odd" and apparently it is acceptable for players to show their discontent with managers. I've see Jaime Carragher cuss out Rafa Benitez before because Benitez didn't get Carragher out of the game quickly enough after being injured.

Perhaps someone has mentioned this but Torino's Matteo Rubin is a LB that has been rumored as a transfer possibility. I think Fulham is fine with Konchesky, but they need a decent back up at least.

10. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

The likes of Fulham and Celtic have been linked with Coventry midfielder Aron Gunnarsson but he maintains he is happy at the Ricoh Arena and wants to continue his education under boss Chris Coleman.

11. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

12. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Like Hangeland quite a bit, and would absolutely, positively hate to see him go. However, if it ever came down to hanging on to one or the other, I have to go with keeping Schwarzer.

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

See, this is what drives me nuts. Arsenal are interested in Brede -- so what? This means he's moving? Spurs are interested in Schwarz -- so what? This means HE's moving? And now, Christian is acting like this means that ONE of them is going and it's up to us to discuss which should be the one to stay.

Here's a guarantee. Neither Wenger nor Harry the Thug have made even an unofficial query about either of those players. English reporters sit around, see who is an attractive player, and flat-out make up shit. Does anyone see any reason why Roy would want to get rid of either of them?

Cause I don't. :twisted:

14. jmh

jmh New Member

I don't see why Christian shouldn't be allowed to make up a hypothetical situation if he wants to.

15. Lyle

Lyle New Member

On the Setanta Football Matters show on Monday, both of the Arsenal fans on the show talked about getting Hangeland. Doesn't mean anything, but Hangeland is exactly the kind of player Arsenal needs. They ain't got no height in their backline, and Hangeland is skillful on the ball.

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I agree, Josh. I didn't say he shouldn't post it, I just said it drives me nutso!

17. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

rumors of Paul Scharner again.

18. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Then Arsenal can get Gooch (I know not as skillfull on the ball), Hangeland is staying at Fulham. A degree of Hangeland's success has to do with the way Woy has the boys play. I dont think you can be sure he'd look as good with another team

19. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

How is Arse on set pieces? If they rely on M or F to get them, Gooch is their man.

Even better fit than Gooch at Fulham.. Arse can get away with Gooch's muscle tactics. That said... over / under Gooch goes to Spurs!?

20. Bradical

Bradical Member

Anyone else keen on Stewart Downing? He'll be available once boring 'Boro are relegated... We need midfielders...