FFC Summer 2009 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Lyle, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I should note that Uche's goal scoring record was one in 3.5 games last year, which is quite good. However, his record for his career at Almeria is more along the lines of 1 in every 5 games and he's only scored once or twice for Nigeria in like 16 games or so.

2. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

According to the Daily Star we're after Reo Coker. I must say I'd welcome this move. I could Reo-Coker being a star if he played consistently and I'd be willing to pay the 4-6M to get him.

ALso Riise thinks Hangeland could leave. If Arsenal are willing to pay 15M then we must snap their hands off. That money could be used to buy a damn good replacement and another player. I'd like us to go after David Wehater or Michael Turner. Richard Dunne would also be a fine choice. I really hope Magnus isn't the replacement though as we need somebody who is proven. We can't afford to gamble. If Magnus turned out to be crap, we'd be in for a very long season.

3. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Fulham are going to be watching Elyaniv Barda tonight while Israel plays Northern Ireland. I don't know who he is except that he scores about 1 goal every 4 or 5 games and he plays as a forward or attacking midfielder.

Fulham are also apparently leading the chase for Mourane Chamakh because Arsenal dropped out of the race to sign him. We are favourites as we can offer Kamar in return plus cash.

However, if we've already signed Uche why are we signing Chamakh? L'equipe is reporting this news so I'm assuming that it has some merit as a news story. I wouldn't mind Chamakh as he could score us 10-15 goals, but I'm doubting we come anywhere close to signing him.

4. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Reo-Coker? Every time I saw him play the last two years, I'd have to say no thanks. 2 goals last year in all competitions, palyed in 27 games. Too much wasted potential there, and it looks like that's entirely because of himself. Even Woy can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Wheater? He's staying at Boro, unless we give them the moon. Turner? A nice idea definitely, but we're in the race against Liverpool. We should aim to win that one, but let's have a plan B. Richard Dunne? If he can recover his form of 3 years ago or so, he's lost a fair amount.

I have hopes for this Magnus guy as the plan B for Brede, as stated earlier Woy has a great track record for finds from Scandinavia that fly under the radar.

5. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Let's get something straight, Hangeland wasn't some unknown that Hodgson happened to find deep in Scadinavia. Hangeland had international and Champions League experience and was tracked by the likes of Newcastle when they were still a decent club.

Magnus is a relative unknown and the fact that we need to bring him in on a trial should point this out. Just because he's Danish and big doesn't mean a damn thing. If we lose our best defender, going for an unknown and hoping for the best isn't the way to go and I don't care what kind of track record Hodgson has.

Wheater is going to cost money, but guess what? If Hangeland is sold, we better have some money to buy a replacement. So that shouldn't even be an issue.

Turner is worth going after even if Liverpool are interested, and they might not be anymore, and Dunne is a person who still has quality left.

Reo-Coker is somebody who is young enough to regain his old form. Plus, it doesn't help when you're playing right back when you're position is really in the middle of the park. So let's not put the blame entirely on him here.

We're a top 10 club. We need to act like a top 10 club. I wouldn't sell Hangeland, but if we do we need to step up and buy quality. We sold Saha and got nothing. we sold Van Der Sar and suffered with the likes of Crossley and Warner, We sold Diop and struggled. We sold Steed and gambled on the likes of Elrich and Routledge. we sold Boa and suffered with Bouazza and Ki Hyeon, for god's sake let's not make the same mistake again.

6. ToviFromSantaBarbara

ToviFromSantaBarbara New Member

Well said. If we want to earn ANY respect at all, we have to remain a top half club. I think everyone agrees we can't do that with the squad we have now, with all the extra games this year and such. We can't possibly think we'll be as healthy as last year, so let's make make some gambles and strengthen the squad. I want Chamakh. IMO we need at least 3 more players, 2 quality reserves that would start on lesser teams, and 1 pure quality starter.

7. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Viduka flew into London for talks tonight according to the Daily Mail. Not a bad signing if it happens as he can give us some much needed depth. Plus no transfer fee involved.

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

He equalized today for Israel with a nicely taken goal. Thanks for the tipoff.

9. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

It wasn't really a tipoff. Sky Sports tipped me off lol.

I'd like everybody to know that I can't post links on this forum half the time because I post from my phone. So all of this news comes from newsnow and maybe a google search here and there. So when I don't post a source, I'm posting from teh phone.

10. jmh

jmh New Member

Viduka probably doesn't have much left in the tank, and he had a bad injury not that long ago, but I guess there's no harm in it if he doesn't cost much.

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

the Australian Shefki Kuqi

12. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

:lol:

13. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

Lets also remember that all that was under a differant management and not Roy Hodgson, since all those transfers we have become a better club and team dont knock it, it could be a lot worse.

14. jmh

jmh New Member

That's hardly fair to Viduka. Kuqi was tall and hard-working and that was about it, and he spent most of his career bouncing around the lower tiers in England. Viduka has scored almost 100 Premier League goals over the course of a pretty decent career.

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Okay, it was a cheap shot, but Viduka is injury riddled, overweight, and clearly past his best. Bringing him in to replace Zamora at the 60th minute seems to me like bringing on Conor Casey for Brian Ching.

I'd much prefer our striker options off the bench to be Nevland and Eddie Johnson.

16. IndyCottager

IndyCottager New Member

17. MisfitKid

MisfitKid New Member

:3d smile: "Pass the Dutchie..."

Great news though.

18. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Separated at birth:
    [​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

19. jmh

jmh New Member

How is Clint not yet the official spokesman for a brand of eyeliner?

20. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

as FulhamAg's thread about Dempsey signing his new contract drops off the "recent posts" list.