FFC Summer 2009 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Lyle, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

You obviously had your glass stolen from you when you were young. The scar has never completely healed, and yes, you manifest your hurt in breaking every glass you find.

2. jmh

jmh New Member

Which is why Don has a lifetime ban at all Applebees locations.

3. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Don't worry about it Don you can drop by my house anytime. We have plenty of plastic cups to go around.

4. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Apparently Michael Ball is still available. Konchesky isn't bad, but we desperately need some depth at LB. Koncheskey needs to know that if he makes bonehead plays like he does often, then he could be benched. Really if Ball would just stay healthy he'd probably be my first choice. He'd be a good pickup.

5. IndyCottager

IndyCottager New Member

EJ scored with a "super strike" in the reserves game. Good sign I think that hes getting involved in scoring opportunities.

6. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I am one who is pleased that EJ is getting an opportunity and seems to be making the most of it. His playing well is a transfer that we don't need to make. (Sorry Jozy, you've got to go with that nitwit up the road a ways.)

7. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

The problem with EJ playing well is it may point Kamara to exit stage left. Joe hasn't been too involved during the friendlys, reserves, and Europa League. But who knows..

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Welcome back! We've missed you around here.

9. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I don't know if I believe that, but it's good to be able to talk transfers again. Much better than hearing my friends tell me how funny it is that Fulham has missed out on every striker in the world.

Anyways, EJ could be a decent player coming off the bench for us. However, I really think that Kamara and Nevland did a fantastic job toward the end of the season. So he should be behind them.

Zamora needs to go. I realise that he links play well. but scoring 2 goals is unforgivable. Not only was he not scoring goals, he was not scoring them in hilarious ways. We need to make our move for somebody like Benjani. Good player that should come at a reasonable price. Obinna from Inter would also be on my list. If it's true that Inter wants to get rid of Balotelli for 8m, then he'd be my first choice. However, I really doubt he's going anywhere.

We still need cover in midfield. A left footer would be nice. Damien Duff would be a good addition. I think he still has something left. Remember we have a manager that gets everything out of his players, so imagine Duff flying down that left side. It'd be amazing.

If this has been covered, sorry. As everybody here knows I like to go in depth into transfers. Peace.

10. jmh

jmh New Member

Ball wouldn't be a bad pickup on a free transfer

11. IndyCottager

IndyCottager New Member

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

a tall, strong central defender from Scandinavia that none of us has ever heard of before ... hmmm, why is that so familiar?

Roy knows where to look for them and where to find them.

13. IndyCottager

IndyCottager New Member

Agreed Don.

In Roy We Trust

14. jmh

jmh New Member

Tough to go wrong with a big Scandinavian dude named "Magnus".

15. Lyle

Lyle New Member

I'm glad Zamora isn't going anywhere. Hodgson appreciates him for exactly who he is and so should we.

16. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Uche is on our radar again. His goal scoring record is simply rubbish. Hopefully his skill makes up for that.

17. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

says we signed him...

18. jmh

jmh New Member

What says we signed who?

19. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

20. jmh

jmh New Member

Hmm. He's played in eight of Nigeria's nine World Cup qualifiers thus far (more than Etuhu has) and they're not a half-bad side, so it seems like a fair guess that he'd qualify for a work permit. Worth noting that even if a transfer has been agreed, the club wouldn't announce it until the work permit process had been completed.

Still, Sky doesn't have anything about it, which seems a little odd; they've picked up on some of the same rumors we've discussed here, including those about Dikgacoi, Troest, Elm, Stoor, Zamora and Hangeland.

But on the other hand, we know Roy likes to work under the radar. And if I were Uche and had the choice between playing for Roy or for that blowhard Hugo Sanchez at Almeria, I know which I'd choose.