FFC Summer 2009 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Lyle, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Celtic complete £3.8m deal for Fortune

Excerpt from the article:

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

This may sound like "Sweet Lemons," but I wasn't all that keen on signing him. I saw him in a match late in the season and it looked like he had already quit on WBA. Maybe he'll be more prolific in a lower league.

3. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

it's being reported that we are interested in Blackburn midfielder Keith Andrews. I gotta say I have watched a lot of Premier League and I have no idea who this guy is. Anyone?

Also, sky sports showing it is down to us and Hamburg for the services of Marcus Berg but I'm convinced we are not in the picture. I think his manager is just trying to drive up the selling price.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

He's a calf-hacker who Paul Ince brought with him from MK Dons. I don't think we want him, and I don't think Sam wants to sell him.

5. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

Also, he fouls more than Michael Brown. Had an alright season otherwise, but I don't see how that type of player is a good fit for us.

6. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

I loved Mikey Brown! He's a player you love when he's on your team, and you hate 'em when he's not. And if your an opposing players, your gonna walk off the pitch with a chunk of your leg missing after your done playing against him.

7. jmh

jmh New Member

Really? I thought he was pretty useless with the ball, and almost torpedoed Fulham's ability to stay up in 2006-07 when he somehow got away with a blatant headbutt in that Liverpool game when Dempsey scored.

8. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

True, he doesn't have great skill on the ball, but that wasn't his game. His game was slowing down the oppositions attack and winning the 2nd ball. And I loved his commitment game in and out for us. Plus, no matter how boneheaded his headbutt was, relegation would have come down to more than just that sequence. There was a whole season of bone-headed plays from a lot of players in the squad. I think the injuries to Big Mac and Wink were the reason we were even in that boat to begin with.

9. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

10. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

And a deal gets closer:

Fulham are closing in on an �11million deal for England striker Peter Crouch after agreeing to sell Bobby Zamora to Hull.

Manager Roy Hodgson hopes to sign the Portsmouth star when he returns from holiday next week - beating off competition from Sunderland and AC Milan.
    Peter Crouch

Pointing the way: Peter Crouch could be set for a move to Fulham

Zamora's �6million transfer to Hull was the key as it enabled Fulham to match Portsmouth's valuation for 28-year-old Crouch.

He would prefer to move to London rather than Sunderland - despite a more lucrative package on offer. But he will still agree a deal worth around �75,000 a week at Craven Cottage.

Crouch's agent Jonathan Barnett claimed yesterday that Portsmouth's financial problems mean a deal is inevitable. He said: 'I think Portsmouth have financial problems. I think every player is available.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... KtjFt0Qj&D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... l?ITO=1490

11. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I just saw this on FOF. I love Crouch. Will be so happy if he's on our side. Despite Zamora's lack of goals, I really liked him and will miss him. He seemed like a good guy, he gave his all, and did so many of the other things on the pitch that make a difference. I will never forget his reaction to Dempseys first goal of the season - back when Demps was second to Gera.

12. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Wow! 6 million? I do love his hold up play...but 6 million?

13. BC

BC New Member

When I heard we were linked with Crouchie, I wondered how we'd finance that large of a fee. Now I know! I do like Bobby Z and would hate to see him go. However, it'd be great to have Crouch here. Do you think he'll fit into Roy's system well? I suppose Roy thinks so or he wouldn't be targeting him.

14. FulhamInPDX

FulhamInPDX New Member

Holy crap 6 million??? Thank you very much. We just now need to fill his spot. Not sold on Crouch, but atleast you guys seem to be.

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Unfortunately for those living in hope, Roy said after today's match that he was unaware of any offer from Hull for Zamora. If he had a big bucks transfer fee for Zamora in his pocket, he wouldn't have played him against MV.

I just ain't buyin' it.

16. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

Um...Phil Brown came out the other day and said outright, "We have made an offer for Zamora." So if Roy said that, one of the managers is lying.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=660064&sec=transfers&cc=5901

17. jmh

jmh New Member

Crouch has chicken legs.

Still, scored 15 goals for Portsmouth last season in all competitions, which is nothing to sneeze at. I think his England goalscoring record is a little misleading, though - of his 16 goals, 9 have come against Andorra, Macedonia, Estonia or Jamaica.

18. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Crouch would be good.

19. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Here here...if FFC can pay him. He's gonna require serious wages (whether deserving of them or not), but if Crouch is in the squad this year (barring injury), no midfielder will lead the team in scoring (and yes, that's a backhanded swipe at BZ).

God bless Zamora, and he does bring something to the table, but the guy couldn't hit his ass with a banjo. I hope he's already ringing Bullard to see about the Hull nightlife...plus, FFC can't afford to pay 30K+ a week for a good 'hold up' player who can't score and expect to continue building the club.

Still, it makes me a tad bit nervous if FFC are, indeed, selling BZ b/c the squad is rather slim and I believe about 30% of the Crouch rumor (he is, after all, being pursued by AC Milan and, cough, Spurs too). Unless, and dare I dream, Roy can get EJ to build on his end of season form at Cardiff...

20. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

Wouldn't it be Fulhamish if we sold Bobby Z to Hull City and he scored a boatload of goals for them? Especially after we sold them Bullard and he immediately got injured. The guy we wanted to keep does nothing; the guy we want to leave does great.