FFC-FSC's "Topic of the Week"

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by SoCalJoe, May 6, 2008.

1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Everybody should log onto foxsoccer.com and throw in their comments since Fulham's survival chances are the "Topic of the Week". The Whites were getting majors props on both Fox Football Fone In and the Report.

Steven the Chelscum fan and Bretos were commenting on how important it was to the channel that Fulham stays up. Then on the Report the anchor commented on Fulham's large contingent of fans on this side of the pond.

2. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

RE: FFC-FSC

I watched FFF last night and was a bit shocked at Steven's comments. A few weeks ago he made a comment saying how he wanted Fulham to go down to prove a point to MAF.

Makes you almost wonder if someone came up from above at FSC and laid out the facts for them.

3. Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln

Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln New Member

RE: FFC-FSC

The numbers must demonstrate a following. Otherwise, FSC would simply put in a passing word as they do for the other clubs in the relegation battle. They'll mourn any Fulham relegation because we give them good ratings.

I don't think it is a coincidence Setanta chose the Pompey match this weekend. They must be seeing the same numbers FSC get when Fulham are on.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

This phenomenon is interesting to me, since the on-air "experts" at FSC have picked Fulham for the drop at the beginning of the last 5 or 6 seasons, and routinely slag us as the season progresses. Maybe somebody at Fox finally noticed the spike when we're on the tube.

5. Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln

Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln New Member

I think the initial appeal for many who chose to follow Fulham recently has been the presence of American players in the club. But that doesn't explain the hold the club continues to have over those fans long after the "new" of American players wears off.

FSC sees this now. They may not have noticed before. But should Fulham survive in the EPL, my guess is we'll be seeing Fulham in action frequently in the years to come. The network will not ignore the bottom line.

6. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Does anyone know how they would see a spike in veiwership for Fulham games? Just curious. I thought ratings were determine by Nielson viewers - do we have any amongst us?

I'm going to vote on FSC site just so they know there is one more Fulham fan.

7. SoCalJoe

Bumping this back up. Forgot to put up for the unknowing, that the deadline to comment is thurs. at 12 pm est. 3 messages will be read on the friday evening Fox Soccer Report. Fabulous prizes will be sent to the winners (who wouldn't want a FSC pen?).

8. IanHux

IanHux New Member

Well I feel left out anytime someone mentions FSC...... Well I don't have FSC (or Setanta) so I really don't feel any sympathy for people complaining about how they rarely get to see fulham. How about seeing 2 games all season long (and only when they are playing the big 4)

9. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

i want to add to that don: on friday's WSD program, Bobby McMahon (sp) called in to discuss the BPL as he always does. But when discussing the Fulham-Birmingham match he stated how he "hopes" Brum get a draw from the match.

HE HOPES?!?!?!

i really want him to explain that. ridiculous.

10. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Well I responded to their topic of the week but they didnt read it on the air. I dont suppose it had anything to do with the fact that I referred to the "woeful commentators" at FSC. I'd been drinkin' the hatorade again.

11. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

Nice work Mo. Too bad they didn't read it. Steve Cohen, Bobby McMahon, Keith "I know everthing about football" Costigan, Nick and the other guy seem to all be Fulham detractors, until the last 2 weeks. They, like some on this site, seem to have a distaste for MLS, I think it is a dislike for American fans in general, probably because America, en masse, hasn't taken to the game 'they love', so it has tainted their opinion of the club due to it's American flavor.

They probably view fans like me as "johnny-come-lately's" and that the only reason we root for Fulham is because of the Americans. For me this is only half the reason I started following them......but I think they live in a more 'pure' world of football.....in their minds American players don't take to the English form of the game well and our fans don't like the game and don't know the game, so it is a way for them to 'elevate' themselves........Fulham bashing is away to say 'see, you Americans don't know the game, look, your best are getting relegated".

This is just an opinion of course, based solely on listening to them all talk about Fulham since late November of 2007.

Mo, we were are waiting for the Youtube link to make good on your promise of Fulham stays up. :)

12. Terrier4FFC

Terrier4FFC New Member

I don't know. Keith Costigan has been slating Fulham for relegation for months. FSC phone in picked them to be relegated at the beginning of the season. I don't see a conspiracy here against Americans in football. We were nearly relegated. We were really woeful in February and March, and it looked like relegation to many of us. That doesn't mean I didn't give old know-it-all Keith the finger every time he spoke. Whatever it takes to see Fulham in the Prem next season!! (I will be supremely disappointed, however, it Setanta takes their games.)

13. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

One of the best things about the weekend was seeing Costigan have to look like a deer in headlights after we had beat Pompey.What a tool. Guess what Keith? Fulham won as many trophies as Liverpool this year!

14. SoCalJoe

On the pre-game Costigan picked Fulham to stay up as they were the "in-form" team. Nick Webster wouldn't let him forget that he said we were dead certs for the drop. Poor dude had to eat words right there and then.