FFC fans at Cubs - STL game on Aug 9th

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Bigoldreb, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Bigoldreb

Bigoldreb New Member

Hi everybody,
    This is Dave, brother of the Loof from the exiles and I have just got back from the Gettysburg reenactment which was fantastic. On August 9th we will be at wrigley field for the cubs - stl game and it would be great to meet up pre and post game for a beer with all the fulham gear on. Anyone interested who can suggest a decent watering hole close to the stadium please let me know.
    Dave

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Dave, good to hear from you. I know I originally told you I will be in town while you are hear but I will actually be in Washington DC and in Philly with my brother most of that week. Thus, I do not think I will be able to meet up with you.

As for watering holes, just go near the park and you will see and find loads of them. You will have your pick. There is a pub every other door in and around the park. I am sure you will enjoy it.

Cheers!
    Tom

3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Dave, I spent many a summer day in my youth at the "Friendly Confines" as Wrigley is known, and the fact your going to see a Cubs game versus their arch-rival St. Louis will make even more special (hope you guys have tickets already, for sure sell-out). As Tom pointed out you can go to multiple bars to and from the game. I would love to say I'll be there, but on Aug 9th I will be one of the few gringos at Estadio Chivas in Gaudalajara Mexico watching Chivas take on Monterey.

You might want to bump this thread when it gets low, I know there are mulitple Cubs fans who post here. Also send a pm to Bearzfan4life (huge Cubbie fan), he's been gone missing due to a new job, but I'm sure he'd be up for a beer or three.