Fenway Sports Group deal

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by pettyfog, Dec 8, 2009.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Our new member, fulhampatsfan put up an article on a co-marketing deal between Fulham and Fenway SG.

Years ago, ManUre did the same thing with the Yankees marketers.
    Will this help the Fulham brand in the US...Whadda you think?

Here's some articles on it

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

It's a good read. What do I think?

I think it's GREAT that someone other than Mike, Tom, or me is writing for FulhamUSA. And to submit his first effort the day AFTER his first post is wonderful.

Welcom aboard indeed, fulhampatsfan. Keep up the writing.

3. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Some of us are gonna have to put the new kid in a locker if he continues to make us look bad. :D

4. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Quote of the day.

Tom is going to kill me, because to be fair to him, he emailed me about this as soon as it broke but I never gave him any major detail since it was too early to discuss. Sorry Tom.

It is nice though, to get a New Englanders fans view on this as Fulham and the Red Sox have alot in common.

5. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I like that it is getting the brand name out there. In the worst possible case scenario -- relegation -- getting the Fulham name out there and picking up fans would help to financially cushion the blow, if we are able to make this deal work and get white shirts on people's backs as a result.

Unfortunately, we have crawled in bed with the Red Sox. I think I need a shower.

6. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

I usually try and make 10-12 Angel games a season and one thing is evident when going to a Red Sox game at the Big A, and that's about 8 to 10 thousand people in Boston gear (and they ain't all transplants). They are one of only a few teams that have fans in every city and w/thousands of fans who've never ever been to Fenway. Not sure what the marketing dept. will do, but one thing that can't be disputed is that they do an excellent job.

7. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

...and penicillin.

I echo the others, it's a very good marketing move on Fulham's part. Red Sox fans are everywhere.

8. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

What exactly are they contracted to do?

2010/2011 shirt sponsor and marketing in N. America? Anything else? I hope this means I'll be watching Fulham play the MLS All Stars this summer.

9. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Sorry, Mo. MLS Allstarts are playing a Mexican team in Houston this summer (assuming the CBA gets worked out).

What this WILL mean, though, is a Fulham summer tour within the next 3 years.

10. pettyfog

Why not 2010. Seems appropriate to me. Get on it, Mike.

At least this time there will be kit items for sale.. right?

11. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

[​IMG]

This photo is from an story on TIAS called One More Miracle and was taken at Fratton Park on the day of the Great Escape.

12. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

"The group will also dedicate itself to raising revenue to enhance and improve its historic stadium, Craven Cottage. That's an endeavor that is known well in Boston."

http://www.nesn.com/2009/10/fenway-sports-group-partners-with-fulham-football-club.html

Sounds like it has potential, but I can't recall any of these types of partnerships resulting in anything significant before. They may have, it's just not reported on much.

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I don't think 2010 is apprpriate. Seems many players already have tournement this summer.

As for "improving Craven Cottage" I surely hope they don't "improve" it the way they "improved" Fenway. Man was not meant to be eating lobster atop the Green Monster.

14. pettyfog

I came THIS close to echoing Homer's classic "D'oh!!!!"

Then I thought again. Do you wish to, as well?

Might wanna rethink that, too. You live WHERE? You root for Who?