Favorite Sports & Teams

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by FFCinPCB, Aug 15, 2006.

?

Favourite Sport?

1. Fitba/football/soccer/footie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. College American Football

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Pro American Football/NFL

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. College Basketball

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Pro Basketball

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Baseball

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Hockey

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Rugby

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Lacrosse

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Favorite Sports & Teams

Nice Ultimate Fighting inclusion. Chuck Lidell has really shown his mettle and hands of steel, but I don't think I have a favorite yet. UFC makes boxing look like kids play. What is somewhat surprising, is how intelligent and well spoken alot of the guys are. But there are some seriously bad motherfluckers involved in this. Rock on... :rock:

2. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Favorite Sports & Teams

I love the image of Andrei Arlovski, a Bulgarian with his vampire mouth piece.

3. Owen

Owen New Member

RE: Re: RE: Favorite Sports & Teams

Soccer - Fulham
    NFL - Redskins
    NBA - Lakers
    NHL - Ottawa
    MLB - Yankees

4. CStoneNo37

CStoneNo37 New Member

1. Hockey / Washington Capitals I've played hockey since I was a little kid and still play adult league now. I was off it for a couple years before the lockout because the product sucked, but with the new rules I love it again. Plus the Caps have hte most exciting young player in the league. (I hate you Sidney Crosby!)

2. (but really 1a) Baseball / Baltimore Orioles Oh man I love my O's. Too bad they stab me in the heart so repeatedly. Trips to Camden Yards are still my favorite sports experience and it's nice to see they finally have some young talent with Erik Bedard, Daniel Cabrera, Adam Loewen and Nick Markakis. We'll see if they make anything of it, but this town is DYING to root for a good baseball team again and maybe actually get enough fans to the games that Camden Yards doesn't become Fenway or Yankee Stadium South when those bastard teams come to town.

3. Football/Soccer / Fulham! D.C. United. After the top two my list changes by the season, so it's kind of hard to separate. At the moment I've gone footie mad so I'll have to give Fulham the nod in the number three spot. As one of my friends said, "It's amazing how you just dove right in... I'm impressed." For me, to be a fan is to be a die-hard fan, I guess. D.C. United would probably rank just below the Wizards on a list of my favorite teams, but since that's not the question it'll stick up here with Fulham.

4a and 4b. College Basketball and Football / Maryland Terrapins! This would have been 1a and 1b when I went there, but since I graduated (all of a year ago) I just haven't been as into it even though I'm "staff" now. I still reserve a special pit of hate in my soul for Duke Basketball and all things University of Virginia, though.

5. Pro American Football / Baltimore Ravens I never got into the 'Skins even though my area growing up was Redskins crazy. I cheered for the Vikings when they were on because my grandparents lived in Minnesota and kept sending me Vikings apparel... But mostly I didn't really have a team. I adopted the Ravens when they moved to Baltimore, but even then I found it hard to cheer for a team with no history, and I actually found myself feeling kind of bad for Cleveland when the Ravens won a Super Bowl so quickly after moving to Baltimore... I'm gradually becoming a bigger and bigger Ravens fan, but I expect that will suffer

6. Pro Basketball / Washington Wizards I wasn't much of a pro basketball fan until the hockey lockout, and it was a great season to start watching since the Wizards/Bullets had sucked for years prior.

7. Formula 1 I'm not a crazy fan and I don't really have a favorite, but it's pretty much my brother's favorite thing and since I live with him I guess it rubs of on me a little bit. I like Alonso but think he's stupid for leaving Renault. I'll probably become a much bigger fan once Lewis Hamilton gets a Formula 1 seat.

5. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

The honesty and irony of this statement is strangely refreshing.

6. CStoneNo37

CStoneNo37 New Member

Glad I could bring something to the table.

Actually, now that I think about it, that's not really accurate. I'm clearly a fan of the Ravens and the Wizards without being a "die-hard" fan, but when it comes to sports that I REALLY love to watch, it's all or none. It's reading every article written about your team and finding the message boards where fans talk about the team... even if it means completely ruining my productivity at work. (ESPECIALLY if it means completely ruining my productivity at work :lol: ). When it comes to the Orioles and Capitals, I can occupy myself for hours with articles and message board posts, and I'm quickly feeling the same way about Fulham.

7. dirtyboy

dirtyboy New Member

1 – Footie – Fulham FC, LA Galaxy, USA

2 - Formula 1, Champ Car

3 – College Football – Oregon Ducks

4 – Baseball – LA Dodgers

5 - Boxing

8. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

The Quack Attack. Sweet.

9. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

1. Hockey - The New Jersey Devils. "The Man" Martin Brodeur, Patrik Elias, and the best damn General Manager in sports, Lou Lamoriello. What's not to love?

2. Football - The New York Giants. They're on the "ups" for this coming season and this could very well be their year to go all the way. They're strong at offense and finally improved their defensive game at DB and Safety.

3. Soccer - Fulham, NY Red Bulls, Borussia Monchengladbach. Red Bulls because they are local, I explained why Fulham in my intro. post, and Borussia M'gladbach because they are led by my favorite soccer player, Kasey Keller.

4. Basketball - NJ Nets, but once they move, I'm done with them.

In all international play, I support the United States national teams.

10. Markus

Markus Member

less see...

1)Motorsport (motorcycle)- MotoGP, World Superbike, AMA Superbike, etc...

2)Baseball - Astros, of course

3)Soccer - USMT, Fulham, (our newly acquired) Houston Dyamo

There's nothing much else.
    Football, Basketball? Forget it.

11. Ivor

Ivor New Member

Football - Fulham of course. Fan since 1976. Over 70 league grounds visited, mostly crap ones but loved evey minute. Was at Torquay when we lost to go 91st out of 92 in the whole football league. Scary moment. Magic moments at Carlisle to name but a few.

College Football - Ohio. Go Buckeyes...remember staying up for some Bowl or other against Florida...what a game and kiced ass ! Have something for IOWA too, but why ? God only knows !

Baseball - Cleveland Indians. Brother 'Cleveland Simon' lives there and kinda addoted them as my team from there on. Before that I had a arousal for the Atlanta Braves. Also play SS/1B for Ricmond Dragons in London. We have a 0-11 record going into our last game on Saturday. I think we can win. Have a Great Britain appearance to my name some years ago that I will bore the grandkids with one day when Im really old !

NFL - Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Always been the red or orange of Tampa. One great story over the years was my bro knows Tony Fisher (now St Louis Rams) wo got us tickets for Bucs/Packers at Raymond James Stadium. Me in my red tshirt aongst all green bay fans and to make it worse he scored the first touchdown. Totally smashed doin the tailgating thing. Great day !

ICE HOCKEY - Tampa Bay Lightning and Bracknell Bees (my local team)

BASKETBALL - Orlando Magic. Seen them once a few years ago when they were dreadful. Highlight of the match was getting a signed cheerleader poster which I hae had to laminate for obvious reasons !!