Favorite Non-Fulham EPL player

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by JohnnyCash, Jan 12, 2005.

1. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

Post your favorite...or favourite non-fulham players and why (i'm bored)

As for myself I'd say Gerrard...the man simply runs his ass off. he's got good skill, but not the best i've ever seen, he scores by sheer determination and hustle most of the time. Usually you can't even tell what position he's playing in because he's running onto a through ball at one end of the field one minute and clearing a ball off his own goal line 20 seconds later

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Being a "homer" and not ashamed of it...
    Friedel

Quality and to be commended for hanging in despite his 'pool experience and showing he's head and shoulders above the crybaby David James.

And he's even got a goal to his credit.

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I am sure I will get ribbed for this, but I like Cristiano Ronaldo a lot. I think his acting and diving can get a bit old, but the things he can do with the ball and his pace are unbelievable. I like him a lot.

I would also say that I like Gael Clichy at Arsenal. I wish somehow this guy could come play at Fulham. He is behind Ashley Cole and he is young.

And last, but not least, I like Jermaine Defoe. I liked him during his West Ham days and that continues now. He is fun to watch and all he does is score goals.

4. cdubbs

cdubbs New Member

I know it is the hated Chelski, but I like Frank Lampard.

5. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Alan Shearer is up there for me, I've been watching him for quite some time...as for ever...

THE KING: ERIC CANTONA...thats my boy!

6. cdubbs

cdubbs New Member

Is this Shearer's last season? What is amazing about him is the amount of elbows he throws! I'm kidding. He is good, and I suppose if I liked Newcastle then I would be nuts about Shearer. I think he is a dirty player.

7. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

This is his last year, but athletes have a hard time hanging'em up, so I would not be surprised if he came back next year.

8. Andrew

Andrew New Member

i love watching shawn wright-phillips at work.....gotta think he still has room to grow and improve as well.

9. kdturtle

kdturtle New Member

I would have to agree...SWP is fun to watch and has room to grow.

10. BostonDan

BostonDan New Member

I like Phillips too and put him second. Definitely the most exciting player. As much as I hate to pick a ManUre player I like watching Scholes. Versatile, Clever, imaginative and makes everyone around him better (cliche but accurate in this case).

11. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

SWP 4 ENGLAND SWP 4 ENGLAND. Swp is my fav player. Why? Well i like England and He plays for fun. He isnt one of those players that will go and talk stuff about another team. And when he scores he dosent go to the crowd and try and start another Indiana vs Pistons.Just a world class player. Could be one of the best midfielders in the world in the next 2 years.Outside of the EPL these are my favorite players.

Martins(SUPER INTER)

Beasley(PSV)

Beasley is another player that could become a great Midfielder.Martins dosent start for Inter but, everytime he gets on the field he does well. Of Course when you have Recoba,Vieri, and Adriano on the same team it would be kinda hard to start.

12. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

Pettyfog, don't be ashamed of being a homer. Some of my best friends are homers.
    As for my favourite player, it has to be Jay Jay Ochocha...so good they named him twice. He's not necessarily the best player in the EPL but when he is on his day, he's worth every penny of the admission.

13. Bee

Bee New Member

Cristiano Ronaldo, just because he is so fun to watch with the dribbling

But then there is the poor passing... oh well

14. RDG

RDG Member

Different strokes for different folks.

Yes, Henry is incredible, and Pires or SWP can make defenders look like traffic cones. Ronaldo is more than the one-trick-pony I thought him to be and is exciting to watch.

However, I've always like Nolberto Solano, especially when he was with Newcastle. Somehow, he seemed to know how to cross the ball into the box with a bit of panache. His goal against us earlier this year also was quite something to see.

15. PLFulham

PLFulham New Member

Two liverpoolers Gerrard and Dudek. Emm... no, I've got no heart break before yesterday clash. Wanted 0-1 or 1-1.
    In my opinion Gerrad is the best midfildier over the world by now. Hope he won't force chelski on summer.
    Dudek because he is Polish, save great in Poland team and... he likes Fulham! That's what he said before yesterday for one Polish newspapers:
    "Fulham has a great team. I really don't see why they're are just 15th!".
    Radz and Dudi are friends, they met often when Radz played for Everton.

16. tac

tac New Member

in the epl i would probably have to go with gerrard, or cristiano ronaldo(both for obvious reasons)
    outside the epl i really enjoy watching ludovic giuly of barcelona
    he is small and very quick and just one of those players that is fun to watch because out of no where they will do something insane

17. AlphaQ3

AlphaQ3 New Member

Cristiano Ronaldo. He toys with defenders and make the best look like an embarrasement. He's only 19 and there will be plenty more to come from him.